Castlebar Street, Westport, Ireland
Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

More about Westport Plaza Hotel

Loved the Westport Plaza

by TripAdvisor Member carra

We have just returned from a weekend in the Westport Plaza. We had our 7 and 4 year old girls with us and booked a family room for the weekend. On arrival check-in was smooth and we were in our rooms within 5 minutes of arrival. Great parking facilities below the hotel with lift access to the lobby. The rooms are spacious, well laid out with a tasteful decor. Bathrooms are ample in size, the kids loved the 'Jacuzzi' style bath and most of all areas of the room were spotlessly clean.

We ate in the restaurant on the first night and liked it so much we ate their for the following 2 nights also. Good variety of food at decent (but not cheap) prices. For kids the portions are huge, consider ordering one meal between 2 kids. Wine selection is sufficient and suits the contents of the menus we experienced. Breakfast is also well stocked, fruit, traditional, cereal and others on the menu. Complimentary newspaper was nice also.

Staff at the Westport were very friendly and very helpful. Our kids (who are well behaved thankfully) were also well looked after and engaged by the staff. There also seemed to be plenty of staff on hand. Leisure centre is sufficient, one of the difficulties is that it is located in the adjoining Castle Court Hotel so you have to cross the outdoor courtyard to reach the pool. Unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to try the gym.

I am a frequent traveller to Europe and the US and found the Westport Plaza comparable with most 4 star hotels I have used and friendlier than most.

Best hotel in Westport

by TripAdvisor Member sammy123

My husband and I stayed in the Westport Plaza for a weekend recently and thought it was really excellent. Our room was huge and very comfortable. I particularly loved the marble bathroom with jacuzzi bath. The decor throughout the hotel is lovely - contemporary and very relaxing. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the staff are really superb.

Dinner in the restaurant was absolutely fabulous and the service could not be faulted. The buffet breakfast was excellent too with a wide selection of cereals, fruit, pastries and hot food to choose from. Food was available in the Bar until 9.30 p.m. and was very good too.

Our only slight complaint, if you could call it that, was the peculiar choice of live music in the bar at night - Country & Western. I think this was mentioned in a previous review, and I have to say I found it a little strange as it doesn't blend with the ambience of the hotel at all.

I have stayed in a number of hotels in Westport over the years, including Knockranny House which was nice too, but I feel that the Westport Plaza is without a doubt the best hotel in the town. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Westport now. Highly recommended.

Wonderful Hotel in Westport

by TripAdvisor Member Nolita79

Five of us spent a weekend at the Westport Plaza to celebrate a birthday. We were set up with adjoining rooms, opening out onto the roof garden. The rooms were spacious, clean, airy and very well-equipped. The bathrooms, likewise, have a high spec, with a jacussi/bath, separate shower, etc. Service throughout the hotel was impeccable; staff were polite and obliging - in fact the birthday girl received complimentary wine, bathrobes, chocolates, which was a lovely touch. We ate at the hotel throughout our stay and were impressed. There's plenty of parking and it's centrally located. This is, without doubt, the best hotel in Westport, Mayo, Connaught and probably beyond. A real find!

fantastic hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member Elmwoodone

The westport plaza is a truly great find ,having stayed in so many hotels and been ripped off for the privilege, the westport plaza is a very welcome breath of fresh air.Located a two minute walk to the centre of westport ,the plaza is a great base totour mayo and the west. The rooms are faultless with fantastic marble bathrooms with jacuzzi bath . The bar food was the best I have tasted in a long time great choice and again very reasonable(great seafood chowder). There is a leisure centre in the ajoining castlecourt hotel ,did not get to use leisure centre but it looked very nice. The staff at the plaza were extremely friendly at all times, and seemed very well trained and professional, also the breakfast was faultless. This is now my favourite hotel in Ireland, and I have already booked a week in june. It will be top of my list for any short breaks. Congratulations to the owners and staff of the westport plaza on a great hotel that doesnt cost the earth. If they maintain this high standard this hotel will be hard to beat. radisson and marriot take note!

Absolutely Fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member JuicyL

We've just returned from a weekend stay at the Westport Plaza and can't praise it enough. The facilities are gorgeous, everything is brand new and modern. The staff were great, which makes a wonderful change from the service you can receive in other hotels/restaurants. Nothing was a problem for them, from booking taxis (they were very concerned when one of our party couldn't get a taxi back from the beach in the evening, and went to great lengths to make sure she got back safely) to organising early breakfasts when some of us had to check out early, before breakfast was officially served. We went as a group booking (15 of us) and our numbers & requirements changed a few times prior to check-in, but this was never a problem and we were accommodated at all stages. Leisure facilities are shared with the Castlecourt next door so plenty of choices in terms of food/drink. The meal we had in the Westport Plaza restaurant was fabulous. Location is super, close to the train station & all the pubs/restaurants in the village. If you're thinking staying here, do! I hope to return again and have been recommending it to everyone.

Wonderful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MayofanLondon

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days last week and it was truly a fantastic experience!

The room was great, scrupulously clean, the bed so comfortable and the standard of service was uniformally high during our stay. The facilities were of a high standard and we made use of the spa next door in the Castlecourt, again very impressive.

We enjoyed the food, the breakfast was really comprehensive, the bar food was great - we didn't try the restaurant in the evening but it looked fantastic!

A great place to base yourself in Westport and to explore Mayo. Highly recommended!

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Null31

Thought hotel was great hotel - great value for mid week stay - hotel is beautifully decorated and staff are very helpful and friendly. Had a 3 month old baby with me and had a brilliant time.

Smashing hotel

by TripAdvisor Member lulu rosie

Stayed at the Plaza for 2 nights [Easter Sat. & Sun.] with another couple. Smashing spot. Bang in the centre of the town. Rooms, car park, facilities all live up to the website. Prices very reasonable. Merlot restaurant excellent for an hotel restaurant. Bar food very very good and desserts in the bar are to die for. Staff very friendly and couldn’t do enough for you. Very good value for money and you certainly get what you pay for. Will be back.

Wonderful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SHORTBREAKTRAVELLER

My husband & I have just spent a wonderful weekend at this great hotel. From the moment of our arrival we were treated most professionally. The hotel has a spacious, modern and bright reception area and our check in was dealt with very efficiently. The rooms were clean, bright & modern and the marble bathroom, with jacuzzi bath and seperate shower area was one of the best Ive seen. On our first night we ate in the hotel restaurant, what a great menu. During our visit we also ate in the bar and again the food was top class.
Well done to the management & staff for a great hotel quite close to the centre of town.
We will definitely be back for another visit.

Top Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member baileyboo104

Having just spent the Bank Holiday weekend at the Westport I was most
impressed by the staff, facilities and the room. The hotel was easy to find, especially for someone who has never been to Westport before! From entering the foyer we were immediately impressed by the tasteful and modern decor. The staff were helpful, polite and willing
to cater for our every need. The room itself really had the wow factor and was without a doubt the nicest I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. Rooms were spacious and the bed was so comfortable! Unfortunately we picked the only room in which the jacuzzi bath was broken but this didn't disappoint us too much. During the afternoon we availed of the leisure facilities in the adjoining Castlecourt Hotel, which was again spotlessly clean. Ate and drank in the hotel restuarant and bar, with the food being of a very high standard and a great menu provided. Definitely will be back!!

Comments