Ashbourne Hotels

Our Members Say

• nosowicz profile photo nosowicz
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Snailbox, Kilmoon: A Great Place to Stay close to Ashbourne

I recently visited and stayed at the Snailbox in Kilmoon, near Ashbourne and was very surprised at the quality of the accomodation. It was excellent value at an offer price of only €50 per night when I visitied.

Recently extended and fully renovated, the Snailbox is a very well known Bar & Restaurant with 9 high quality rooms, you could not ask for a better place to stay.

The Snailbox is owned an run by the very helpful and friendly Foster family and their very effiecient and helpful staff. The traditional pub has an outstanding attomosphere and everyone is very welcoming each time I have been there.

The meals are really good with quality and well cooked produce and the restaurant is always busy (a good sign!).

This is a great place to use as a base, not far north of Dublin and in a really good rural community close to the N2

I would strongly recommend the Snailbox to anyone visiting County Meath or planning a trip to Ireland, as you would not be dissapointed.

Visit their website for information www.snailbox.ie and make sure you visit them and have a great time, as I did. I will sure be back again in a few weeks, next time I am in Ireland.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average