Dublin Road, Trim, County Meath, Ireland

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member TravelStar04

Had a fantastic weekend at Knightsbrook Hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a very large delux room which was spotlessly clean.The bathroom was enormous with double bath and flat screen t.v. Great for a nice relaxing bath. Started off with lovely afternoon tea, very good value. There were 10 people in our group and we decided to eat in Trim first night. The hotel minibus dropped us all in to the town( two trips for the driver) and we were so impressed that he came to pick us all up again.This was great as we didn't have the added expense or hassle of looking for taxis.Breakfast choice was good with fantastic waffles and maple syrup. Only complaint is that food could have been hotter.Fried eggs just brought out from kitchen were cold. While the ladies visited Navan for some retail therapy the lads played golf. Again course and clubhouse excellent pity about the weather!! We all ate in hotel restaurant Sat night. Food excellant, great service. However, there could be a greater choice on the menu particularly if you wanted to eat more than one night in the hotel.Overall our experience in Knightsbrook was very good.

Only okay stay

by TripAdvisor Member amyIreland

Average enough weekend had at Knightsbrook, maybe because it still resembles a building site?? Food was poor and the service should have been better for a "4" star hotel. Dont think i would be going back.

Nice holiday homes but confused management.

by TripAdvisor Member Potwhale

We spent one quite enjoyable week in the Knightsbrook holiday homes. However, very dissapointing was that the hotel charged my credit card for the room that was already paid before arrival. After checking with the travel agency, I was assured that the hotel would refund the payment and had already taken steps in that direction. However, more than two weeks later there is still no refund. I will have to check with the travel agency again, most probably less friendly this time...

Should be better for the price charged

by TripAdvisor Member kudy

This is a beautiful hotel.. however the staff dont not live up to the standards that you would expect of such a lovely place. They were rude and very poorly organised in the bars. The bed however was extremely comfortable and would fit 4 people! excellent for those who enjoy a good nights sleep. This would be an excellent hotel if the staff were more pleasant.

Faulty Towers

by TripAdvisor Member MsCooper

Faulty towers

It’s been a long time since I have stayed anywhere quite this bad; the drive into the hotel is one of the weirdest things I have ever experienced. Totally ruins the hotel atmosphere, why go away to stay in a housing estate when most people have just left them?

The check in was great greeted by lovely friendly receptionists. Our room was 310 but that is on the 4th floor, which is slightly bizarre (maybe they can’t count).

We then decided to have lunch in the bar, we went outside for lunch on the terrace (lovely day) this was a bad idea out of sight out of mind!!! We eventually got served after having to go and get the menus our selves and practically order ourselves also. The food arrived with out our requested items sent it back and arrived back exactly the same and we were told ‘it ‘s the foreign chef’s they don’t listen’ we then had to search to pay our bill to leave.

Back to the room plugged in the iron but the safety switch does not work to it is on instantly burning – beware.

We had dinner that night what an incredible disaster – it started at 7.30 and at 9.47 we were served our mains which looked like they barely shoved the joint of meat round the tray and took it out. Our mashed potatoes were covered in blood, and I mean cold blood at that. The waitresses were chewing gum and prancing around very unprofessionally – which does not help when your experiencing bad service. The whole evening was a debacle and did not improve. For such a lovely property, which supposedly has a 4 star rating it has an uphill battle to improve, which I hope it does.

Oh I would not recommend the spa for a relaxing time, the treatment rooms are not sound proof so you have hear every little thing from the reception area and they are not quite. The massage it’s self is fine if you’re into racing!!!

Luxurious hotel, shame about Spa, and its misleading brochure

by TripAdvisor Member catmarie

This hotel is certainly luxurious but its location disappoints-one has to travel through a series of housing estates to get to it.
Myself and my friend stayed for one night in the hotel as part of a pampering package.
Our room could not be faulted, being decorated to the highest standards, and was immaculately clean.
Our evening meal was superb, as was our breakfast-the latter being a little too cold.
Unfortunately, we were extremely disappointed with the manner in which we were treated in the Spa, BEWARE of the misleading descriptions in the Spa Brochure, we had to seek a refund of one of our treatments.
Also, the treatment rooms in the Spa are not adequately soundproofed, and this really ruins any relaxing potential. Also, one of the therapists began washing and drying her utensils while my friend was relaxing during her treatment-needless to say we will not be back to visit this spa.

this is a must

by TripAdvisor Member greens1

i and my wife booked a three night stay for golf and spa treatments at this hotel which i heard was great, i looked up trip advisor which had a few comments on it from previous guest which rated the hotel very poor, after i had read this i phoned the hotel to cancel my booking and told them the reason regarding comments from trip advisor, the manager was very cross to say the least and assured me if i would come to the hotel and try it for myself that i would not be disappointed. i did not cancel and went on his word, and i was glad i did because it is a lovely hotel with very friendly, staff good food and a great golf course and i would know that because i am a golf course manager myself and my wife is a beauty therapist. you might think after phoning we would have got better treatment because of the phone call to the manager , well we did not and i was glad because everyone was treated the same, with good food friendly smiles, i will definitely go back and would recommend a visit to knight brook for my friends and golfers in the future.

nice hotel, worthy of 4 stars but some wicked habits

by TripAdvisor Member irishspurs

The hotel is nice. The bedroom is spacious. The function room is probably the best I have been in.
Breakfast in the room was excellent.

some advice:
for such a modern hotel, the function below us (we were on floor above) was very evident and loud in our room.
Perhaps poor policing in construction stage.
The lifts are slow at peak times.
I took the stairs down one time. Reception was arrowed downwards, then I had a choice of three doors. On had kitchen sounds coming from it, one was emergency exit, and one was locked. Perhaps they could add a few more signs.
Chek out was the worst I have experienced, ever.
three staff on and still slow, and then when our turn came, we were informed that the other girls would deal with us.
I understand that some rooms are smoking. But we were located at the end of a long hallway and there were smoking rooms between us and the lifts. The smell in the hallway was often atrocious.
I'll finish on a lighter note.
It deserves a plus overall but only just.

Very Friendly and Helpful Staff

by TripAdvisor Member disneyfansWicklow

Stayed here for one night while we attended an event in Navan. We arrived at 4pm but our room wasn't ready due to a late checkout we wern't too disappointed as it allowed us time to try the lovely afternoon tea in the lounge bar overlooking the golf course - beautifully decorated! Very helpful staff and yummy fare served though they lose marks for the lack of teapots! one cup of tea each with our food and a long wait for a refill (had to ask twice).

We just about had time for a quick swim and sauna before we had to get ready dinner in the hotel. The facilities are lovely, pool a little small but very nice, the temp of pool and surrounding area was perfect.

The food in the hotel restaurant was excellent and served very promptly when we said we were in a hurry! We had to leave before desert and coffee but were assured we could have it in our room when we got back that night - true to her word we got our desert at 11.30 - thats good service!

The room was spacious and very clean, it had a safe, iron and board, tea/coffee making facilities but no minibar. The bathroom was large with good pressure in the shower. We had a double bed which was very comfortable! with a nice seating area sofa and also a table and chairs positioned overlooking the golf course - great for breakfast served in our room (until 10.30). Breakfast was brought promptly at the requested time and was very good with lots of choice including organic free range eggs!

Checkout was at noon so plenty of time for breakfast and a read of the papers at a nice slow pace!

We were very happy with our stay here and found the staff very nice and helpful. Our only minor quibble was that we had asked for a quiet room and were told on arrival that we had been allocated a very quiet room - but that was not the case we could hear the band playing from the bar until long after we went to bed! Everything else about the hotel was great!

beautiful

by TripAdvisor Member dublingirl23

it is a bit unusual to drive through a housing estate to get to hotel, but once you get there, its worth it!!!! room was beautiful, great night sleep in the bed. we didn avail of the hotel restaurant, but looked nice.

Hotel bar was lovely, great decor and servie, with large heated smoking garden to rear.

a little negitive would be we forgot to bring swimming suits for the pool, so it was a bit expensive to buy new ones. gym was on the small side but had everything one could need.

hotel organised taxi for us to vist the nearby town.

was perfect for our valentines break away. would stay again.

Myself at Trim CastleMyself at Trim Castle