Trim Hotels

Our Members Say

• happyhourkid profile photo happyhourkid
  • Reviews: 152

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tigh Catháin: Literally a Home Away From Home

I have stayed at this awesome guesthouse multiple times and will probably keep returning over and over again. Not only is it a very nice home situated on a well kept landscape, Mrs. Marie Keane, the owner, is everything you'd imagine in an Irish host. Unlike some guest houses, that have really forgotten how to offer a warm welcoming stay as Ireland's economic boom progresses, you will be welcomed at Tigh Catháin just as if you're part of the family.

To give you an idea-I once asked Mrs. Keane if she had an iron to lend so I could get my clothes ready for a night on the town. Rather than give me the iron, she instead insisted that I bring her all of the clothes I wanted ironed and that she would do it for me. This is something my mother quit doing for me when I turned 15! Her hospitality and courteousness is worth the stay in itself. She was also very understanding when on one of the nights I had a late arrival, and her breakfast menus are quite versatile, as well as plentiful and delicious.

Tigh Catháin is situated in a rural setting on the Longwood Road (R160), about ten minutes walk (one kilometer) from Trim. The house is conveniently located only 40 minutes from Dublin Airport. It is also in easy reach of other places of interest, notably Butterstream Garden, which was visited by Prince Charles in the 90's. If you're a golfer, there are four golf courses within a ten mile radius of the house.

Tigh Catháin, which is fully certified by all major Irish Tourism Boards, has three ensuite bedrooms (for those of you that don't know, ensuite means you get your very own private bathroom, something that tends to be a major sticking point for those considering staying at B & B's versus actual hotels, so no worries here), a residents' lounge and a dining room with really nice furniture. Each of the bedrooms have a TV set and tea/coffee makers with complimentary coffee & tea. The spacious residents' lounge also has a TV and fireplace.

If your travels bring you to the area of Trim, I HIGHLY recommend Tigh Catháin. Not only is it the best in the area but also one of the better homes I have stayed at in all of Ireland.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Golf, Fishing
  • Written September 8, 2006
Tip Photo

Tigh Cath��in

• showe1966 profile photo showe1966
  • Reviews: 15

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Highfiled House: Bed and Breakfast near the castle

Highfiled house has been converted from what was Trim hospital.
The gardens are very well kept.
The rooms are OK.
I had rooms at the back.
The hotel is on the main road, so the rooms at the front might be a bit noisy.
The rooms at the front overlook Trim castle and the castle is only about 200 mm away.
The breakfast is good.
The staff are quite friendly.

next to the castle.
In the middle of trim.

• Related to: Business Travel, Family Travel, Castles and Palaces
  • Written October 24, 2009

• Beausoleil profile photo Beausoleil
  • Reviews: 717

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cranmor Country Guest House: Beautiful B&B near Trim

This was the last B&B on our recent trip to Ireland. It's a vine-covered house in the country outside Trim. Anne and Marc are the hosts and are both wonderful. Marc will also be more than happy to take you fishing if you're interested. Our interest was New Grange so we missed the fishing. Check their web site listed below for information about fishing.

There was a couple there who booked as their night before Dublin Airport and it's a bit of a drive, but probably easier than staying in downtown Dublin.

It was clean and friendly with an excellent breakfast and free wifi. Those were my criteria and we were very happy. One thing Cranmor had that we hadn't seen before was a communal breakfast table. It was great fun because you really got to meet the other guests and didn't have to shout across the room to do so. Marc served the delicious breakfast and is an excellent conversationalist so kept us all entertained.

Marc was also very good about directions and recommendations but we found that pretty standard amongst all the B&Bs where we stayed.

I would happily recommend them, especially if you are visiting Trim which I think needs a few days for a real visit.

Cell: +353 87 2887390