Pearse Road, Sligo, County Sligo, Ireland

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Trekki's Profile Photo

Well ....

Yes, I have read the many positive reviews about this hotel, but I won’t add to these. I also don’t want to write a negative one, just say and state that I won’t stay here again in case I’ll be in the region again.
    Why?
    We were here for three nights in June 2014. My room was large, somehow not the newest interior: it was just another one of these faceless business chain hotels (Sligo Park belongs to Irish Lee Hotels Group). It had a bed, chairs and table, desk, flat screen TV, hairdryer, coffee & tea making facility (with cheap no-name instant coffee and no-name tea bags; no hot chocolate powder), a bathroom with tub and shower, sink, mirror and toilet, toiletries provided. There is a bar (where I had my morning latte macchiato and once a salad for dinner, nothing to write home about), a restaurant (which I never used; breakfast is being served here) and an indoor pool and fitness machines. For the pool, bathing caps are required for men and women; they charge 2 Euro for per cap for those who don’t have one in their luggage. I didn’t try the pool, hence I cannot say anything about the caps, but I find it slightly not amusing to pay 2 Euro for such a cap when the price of the rooms is more than 100 Euro per night.

My stay in my room was ok, the walls are thin however. It was football worldcup and one of my neighbours had the TV on with loudness I could hear almost everything.
    When we were there, a music event was being held, everything and everyone was busy, and the hotel staff did nothing to separate the people who came for the event from the paying guests. I heard from other people in our party that they were asked in a rude way if they had booked when they wanted to eat in the restaurant that evening.... During the time before this even started, there was no table in lobby or bar made available for the paying guests, and it was really difficult to occupy table or seats after people left them. It felt like fighting for tables. And no, I did not find this amusing.
    Somehow the staff seemed either unable to cope with such masses of people (which is strange because they advertise with hosting any kind of event, also private ones), or they just did not care (which is even more sad in a hotel which claims to have 4 stars).
    WiFi is said to be available, but I couldn't find it (ok, my computer could not). Apart from that it is an unsecured network, as far as staff told us. Which is ... also not amusing (unsecured network).

When we left and paid, we eventually had the pleasure of a nice person from staff. And, I was not the only one who noticed this: other people from our party also said so.

I paid 119 Euro for 2 nights, and 75 Euro for the last night, breakfast not included. I don’t know how much breakfast was though (strong coffee is the only thing I really need in the morning).

We had to stay here because the B&Bs were either already fully booked or not available.
    But again: Sligo Park Hotel just does not offer an appropriate value for money for me. Especially when I compare it to the very charming Portcaman House in Bushmills: this was value for money (40 Euro per night): a lovely, friendly, knowledgeable host, excellent rooms, stable and strong WiFi in a secured network and breakfast included.

Location of Sligo Park Hotel on Bing Maps.

© Ingrid D., July 2014 (So please do not copy my text or photos without my permission.)

• Lyndra's Profile Photo

Sligo's Best B&B

WE have stayed at this super B&B a few times now and it truly is great value for money. Located conveniently on the Pearse Road, leading straight into the town, this B&B is of a very high standard. The couple who run this house are friendly and accomadating. The rooms are large ensuite and well decorated. They are clean and special effort is taken with little touches like the chocolates with the tea and coffee supplies and the lovely way the towels are presented. The town is easily accessed by car and walking (less than 1mile) but remember that the car parking in Sligo is limited and you will need discs to park (buy them from shops with the sign in the window). The rates at this B&B are good for the area (approx 35 euro pppn) and the extra touches make this a perfect place to stay.

Unique Quality: Great location.
    No views.
    Fantastic breakfast menu (9 choices that you can pre-order the night before)

• AR76's Profile Photo

B&B

Hosts: Mary & Kieron Kearney

Unique Quality: All rooms are en-suite and equipped with telly and tea/coffee-making facilities.
    Full breakfast to your liking (in the rooms there are forms available on which you can indicate what type of breakfast you prefer).
    This B&B is located on one of the main roads into town, and the town centre is only a short walk away. On-site parking available.

• JennyG_3136's Profile Photo

Sligo Park Hotel,...

Sligo Park Hotel,
    Sligo,
    Ireland
    Forget !
    Prices fluctuate during the year - summer and 'festive rates' higher.

Unique Quality: Full resort facilities - including an indoor swimming pool. Catering for two, business travellers or a full wedding party. Very pleasant rooms, tasteful decor and comfortable beds.

• We Stayed at Sligo Park Hotel....

We Stayed at Sligo Park Hotel.
    2 Nights b/b with one evening meal £95 per person.

Unique Quality: Lovely bar, great athmosphere, music.Restaurant - lovely decor, good food, plently of choice. Good value - 5 course cost £21.

Directions: On the Dublin side of Sligo town. 20 min walk from the town centre.

More about Sligo Park Hotel

Average!

by TripAdvisor Member maver1ck

I have just returned from a weekend in the Sligo Park Hotel. I must only rate this hotel as average. The rooms were very HOT even when windows and heat was turned off. You could hear every single sound from the adjoining rooms and corridor which made for little sleep. Our room was a good walk from the elevator, it took 2 long corridors to get to the room.

Within the room, I feel it was a bit 1980's and needs further improvements to compete with similar hotels in the area. The hotel is located on the Dublin rd side of Sligo town and it would take approx. 20 -25 mins to walk into the town.

On the plus side, the staff were very friendly. The reception staff had excellent customer service skills.

Very satisfied with our stay

by TripAdvisor Member YBC

We stayed for 2 nights and had dinner both nights in the hotel.
Staff were friendly and helpful. The room was modern, spacious and very comfortable. We enjoyed the leisure centre facilities too.

It was fine

by TripAdvisor Member fiona229

Stayed here for two nights with children aged 12 and 14. They hadn't read the email from hotels properly and hadn't noticed that the special request bit mentioned the two kids. However they very quickly got us a room with a double and two single beds. The room was fine. Lesire centre was excellent with a decent sized pool and the kids enjoyed doing dares by jumping into the post sauna plunge pool. Staff in the restaurants are friendly especially in the bar.
The food was fine and service was pretty prompt. We had stayed at the Radisson at Rosses Point and I think it had better rooms, free wifi etc. (it was also cheaper as they didn't charge for the children) but I enjoyed the Sligo Park and would stay there again.

Would come back here!

by TripAdvisor Member FairfieldCounty

We brought our two teens to Sligo, and stayed at the Sligo Park for five days while on business/pleasure trip. The teens loved it, my daughter for the pool, my son for the gym and the bar scene at night. The rooms were very clean, simple, yet good beds!! Staff was excellent. It is true at busy times of the day such as check/in check/out and dinner times, the front desk was a bit busy, but the women were very patient despite there being two weddings in the hotel while we were there; they did not forget about the rest of us who were unaffiliated with the big events. Breakfast is wonderful, and well worth the money to get it as part of your plan. You won't need to eat lunch! Very convenient to town, a five minute drive or a twenty minute walk for those who are feeling athletic. The one thing I was disappointed in was it was originally on seven glorious rolling acres of gardens, but now part of that was sold off, so it is really more like a suburban location rather than a rural one.
Trip Advisor Member, Fairfield County,USA

Definately would go back

by TripAdvisor Member Macru

Had a wonderful time at this hotel. Check in was quick, efficient and pleasant and the girl at the desk had some fine recommendations for things to do and see in the locality such as restaurants, attractions etc...Our room was bright, spacious and very clean. Really enjoyed the food, breakfast each morning was fantastic with very generous portions. We had dinner at the hotel one evening of our stay and we enjoyed it immensely, the restaurant manager was very friendly and efficient. The Leisure centre is very well equipped and well worth it.

All staff were very nice and friendly especially Charlie the night porter. He was very welcoming and had lots of information on what to do and see as tourists in Sligo.

Will be back!!

Bit Dissappointed

by TripAdvisor Member metallicabmw

Stayed here at the end of October 2006. Was looking forward to two days of the pool and spa facilities, and touring around the local area.

I recommend visiting the Glencar Waterfall.

Check in was quick, and staff friendly,

On the website a 2 night "wellness" package was offered, but none of the reception staff knew anything about it, it would have saved us 60 euro.

The bar area lacked any kind of atmosphere, and the seats were not comfortable.

Bargain basement decor, I had a body massage in a room which resembled a cloakroom. My wife had her massage cancelled because of a therapist not being able to make it. Which was very dissappointing for her, it was the main reason we went in the first place.

Our room was basic and we had no duvet, just a sheet and rough material bed cover. It was raining heavily that night and the lack of guttering on the building meant that the rain was dripping onto the plastic window ledge outside, keeping me awake most of the night. The window ledge inside was abit mouldy, and the curtain had cought some of the creeping mould.

One of our neighbouring rooms had an empty breakfast tray outside till late that evening, and another had empty bottles outside till the next morning, which really let the place down.

The Wi-Fi facilities could not be faulted, 5 euro for an hour.

The evening meal was nice and quiet, and the food was excellent.

Breakfast was dissappointing, there were lots of waitresses but only one person dishing out the hot buffet, and the Q of 15 people weren't too happy when he had to leave for more sausages. So I just settled for a fruit breakfast, not what we wanted.

We were hoping better, but will not return here again.

Comments