Sligo Park Hotel

stevemt's Profile Photo

Typical Chain type accommodation

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 1, 2014

I had no problems with this hotel at all.

It was clean, tidy, service was ok, good parking provided.

For some reason Sligo was full when we were there and the hotel was busy, there was a music event at the hotel for local Irish music which was interesting, (they were playing in the lobby.)

The rooms were spacious and well appointed.

i

Trekki's Profile Photo

Well ....

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 3, 2014

Yes, I have read the many positive reviews about this hotel, but I won’t add to these. I also don’t want to write a negative one, just say and state that I won’t stay here again in case I’ll be in the region again.
Why?
We were here for three nights in June 2014. My room was large, somehow not the newest interior: it was just another one of these faceless business chain hotels (Sligo Park belongs to Irish Lee Hotels Group). It had a bed, chairs and table, desk, flat screen TV, hairdryer, coffee & tea making facility (with cheap no-name instant coffee and no-name tea bags; no hot chocolate powder), a bathroom with tub and shower, sink, mirror and toilet, toiletries provided. There is a bar (where I had my morning latte macchiato and once a salad for dinner, nothing to write home about), a restaurant (which I never used; breakfast is being served here) and an indoor pool and fitness machines. For the pool, bathing caps are required for men and women; they charge 2 Euro for per cap for those who don’t have one in their luggage. I didn’t try the pool, hence I cannot say anything about the caps, but I find it slightly not amusing to pay 2 Euro for such a cap when the price of the rooms is more than 100 Euro per night.

My stay in my room was ok, the walls are thin however. It was football worldcup and one of my neighbours had the TV on with loudness I could hear almost everything.
When we were there, a music event was being held, everything and everyone was busy, and the hotel staff did nothing to separate the people who came for the event from the paying guests. I heard from other people in our party that they were asked in a rude way if they had booked when they wanted to eat in the restaurant that evening.... During the time before this even started, there was no table in lobby or bar made available for the paying guests, and it was really difficult to occupy table or seats after people left them. It felt like fighting for tables. And no, I did not find this amusing.
Somehow the staff seemed either unable to cope with such masses of people (which is strange because they advertise with hosting any kind of event, also private ones), or they just did not care (which is even more sad in a hotel which claims to have 4 stars).
WiFi is said to be available, but I couldn't find it (ok, my computer could not). Apart from that it is an unsecured network, as far as staff told us. Which is ... also not amusing (unsecured network).

When we left and paid, we eventually had the pleasure of a nice person from staff. And, I was not the only one who noticed this: other people from our party also said so.

I paid 119 Euro for 2 nights, and 75 Euro for the last night, breakfast not included. I don’t know how much breakfast was though (strong coffee is the only thing I really need in the morning).

We had to stay here because the B&Bs were either already fully booked or not available.
But again: Sligo Park Hotel just does not offer an appropriate value for money for me. Especially when I compare it to the very charming Portcaman House in Bushmills: this was value for money (40 Euro per night): a lovely, friendly, knowledgeable host, excellent rooms, stable and strong WiFi in a secured network and breakfast included.

Location of Sligo Park Hotel on Bing Maps.

© Ingrid D., July 2014 (So please do not copy my text or photos without my permission.)

Lyndra's Profile Photo

Sligo's Best B&B

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 3, 2007

WE have stayed at this super B&B a few times now and it truly is great value for money. Located conveniently on the Pearse Road, leading straight into the town, this B&B is of a very high standard. The couple who run this house are friendly and accomadating. The rooms are large ensuite and well decorated. They are clean and special effort is taken with little touches like the chocolates with the tea and coffee supplies and the lovely way the towels are presented. The town is easily accessed by car and walking (less than 1mile) but remember that the car parking in Sligo is limited and you will need discs to park (buy them from shops with the sign in the window). The rates at this B&B are good for the area (approx 35 euro pppn) and the extra touches make this a perfect place to stay.

Unique Quality: Great location.
No views.
Fantastic breakfast menu (9 choices that you can pre-order the night before)

AR76's Profile Photo

B&B

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 7, 2005

Hosts: Mary & Kieron Kearney

Unique Quality: All rooms are en-suite and equipped with telly and tea/coffee-making facilities.
Full breakfast to your liking (in the rooms there are forms available on which you can indicate what type of breakfast you prefer).
This B&B is located on one of the main roads into town, and the town centre is only a short walk away. On-site parking available.

JennyG_3136's Profile Photo

Sligo Park Hotel,...

by written on August 25, 2002

Sligo Park Hotel,
Sligo,
Ireland
Forget !
Prices fluctuate during the year - summer and 'festive rates' higher.

Unique Quality: Full resort facilities - including an indoor swimming pool. Catering for two, business travellers or a full wedding party. Very pleasant rooms, tasteful decor and comfortable beds.

We Stayed at Sligo Park Hotel....

by written on August 24, 2002

We Stayed at Sligo Park Hotel.
2 Nights b/b with one evening meal £95 per person.

Unique Quality: Lovely bar, great athmosphere, music.Restaurant - lovely decor, good food, plently of choice. Good value - 5 course cost £21.

Directions: On the Dublin side of Sligo town. 20 min walk from the town centre.

Nearby Sligo Park Hotel

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Sligo Travel Forum

Need advice about Sligo, Ireland? Visit the Travel Forum for Sligo and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sligo hotel reviews

Walking
Town Centre
Glencar Waterfall
Things to Do
Visit a restored plantation castle
Visit the Sligo Holy Well
Knocknashee
Gilligan's World
Tobernalt Holy Well
Things to Do
Walk around the town centre
Favorites
Beware of what you order in the pub!
Warnings and Dangers