Roscrea Hotels

Our Members Say

• pfsmalo profile photo pfsmalo
  • Reviews: 1477

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ballaghmore Country House.: Beautiful home.

Not far from Roscrea centre is this beautiful home of an organic farmer and his wife.Some of the house was purpose built for some of the engineers working on the nearby motorway a while ago but now is in a quiet lane, with the farm just down the road. From here there are plenty of hikes close by and you'll be shown the easy way through to Monaincha Abbey. A sumptuous breakfast was waiting for us in the morning, impossible, for me anyway, to finish it. The room was large with plenty of room in the bathroom too.

We paid 70€ for the double inc. b'fast.

A couple of the most friendly people we met on the road in Ireland.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written December 25, 2012
Tip Photo

• RussellHadd profile photo RussellHadd
  • Reviews: 15

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Grant's Hotel: Roscrea's Top Hotel

I visited Tipperary this week. I stayed in this hotel and I can honestly say that my stay was the most enjoyable. The service was impecable, the food was fantastic anhd the portions unbelievable. The atmosphere in the public bar was something I wouldn't expect from a hotel of this calibre - it was as if I was in a real Irish pub. However, I only needed to step the other side of the wall into the lounge to sit in the comfort of my own home - well unfortunately my home doesn't have the class of furniture that is there. Finally, last but not least one particular member of staff who to ld me her name was Breada - she is a true comedienne and a lovely lady and thanks for the extra chips. Oh I almost forgot I did manage to spend a few hours in my bedroom and it was very comfortable with curtains which were so well lined I didn't notice the morning dawning. Thanks Grant's I'll see you next year I hope!

The Bogbutter is just opposite in the heritage centre - I never believed it but it's there a massive lump of butter dug out of an Irish bog!

• Opinion of Price: about average