Granville Hotel

grandmaR's Profile Photo

Tour Group Hotel

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 12, 2007

I wasn't too happy with this hotel for a number of reasons. It is billed as a "family hotel"

Two tour bus groups were staying here, but there is only one elevator for all of the people and their luggage. There are 16 steps to go up and down between the elevator and our room. (I have a problem with steps so I counted.)

We have a beautiful view of the airshaft.

They have lent me a converter plug, and someone came and showed me how to plug in the network cable (I couldn't figure out that there was a little cover over the hole that you plug the cable into). But the hotel blocks myspace and any internet boards (like Virtual Tourist technical forum and the whole Photoworks website). So my grandson can't put up any pictures on his myspace page, and neither can I.

Several people reported that the front desk people were unhelpful in the morning. When I went to the desk in the morning I couldn't find anyone there to return the converter plug to.

jpburke3's Profile Photo

Great Waterfor Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 16, 2007

I checked in to the Granville last minute, and it was a great stay. There is a pay parking lot across the street, and plenty of shops in the area. The rooms are large, clean and have free internet. The shower is probably the best I have had in Ireland. The staff was extremely helpful when I needed a power converter for my computer. I would definately stay here again.

Directions: The hotel is right on the Quai.

orlikins's Profile Photo

Quayside hotel

by written on January 6, 2003

I didnt stay in Waterford, as I just went down there for a day, but this seems to be the main hotel in town. It's on the quays and within easy walking distance from all of Waterford's sights

Nearby Granville Hotel

• Room Service
  • Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet

Waterford Travel Forum

Need advice about Waterford, Ireland? Visit the Travel Forum for Waterford and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Waterford hotel reviews