Northgate St., (formerly Radisson SAS), Athlone, County Westmeath, Ireland
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

More about Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone

Everything was just super.

by TripAdvisor Member YesDad

My family and I stayed in the Radisson, Athlone over the Easter break and can highly recommend the hotel and its staff. We got a great welcome when we arrived and received excellent but discreet attention and service during our stay.

We had a lovely room with an adjoining room for the kids and slept very well. The breakfast was so good our children were spoilt for choice. We eat each evening in the hotel and got good value, tasty food and strong portions!

Whilst many of the staff are not originally Irish their english is very good and they were great with kids.

The hotel is a lovely base for a stay on an Irish break as there is plenty to do within an hours drive of Athlone and then come back to the leisure centre and pool followed by sitting out on the veranda beside the river.

We will be back and can't wait to try the other properties in the brand.

We will definitely be back!!

Nothing Spectacular...Though No Complaints!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Paul4As

This is the third Radisson now I've stayed in in the Republic of Ireland...and probably comes in third behind Sligo's and Galway's!!!
Don't get me wrong...the room we stayed in was immaculately decorated...the hotel in general was clean...staff friendly enough...but it just lacked a bit of atmosphere!!! Though us visiting on one of the worst weekends weather-wise Athlone or Ireland has seen in a while perhaps didn't help!!!
The hotel is in an as good a location in Athlone as your likely to get...parking is ticketed, but free for residents. It has a leisure complex which is OK...but doesn't match up to Sligo's or Galway's in that it doesn't have a jacuzzi...nor outdoor hot-tub!!!
Breakfast was just breakfast...like in any other hotel...while the bar had a cocktail list which we used!!!
I thought Athlone would've been bigger than what it was...but a new shopping centre is being built at the minute!!!
We had dinner in the Palace Bar which is just across the bridge at the AIB Bank...and went clubbing in "Bozos"...small looking nightclub from the outside...but huge with 3 or so levels inside!!!...decent well run venue!!!

Christmas wonderland...

by TripAdvisor Member dailymember

We attended a friends wedding in the Radisson over Christmas and had heard such great reviews of the hotel that we decided to stay for 2 nights.

THe hotel is very modern clean and crisp with a roaring fire when you walk in. There was a real buzz about it ... Check in was smooth and we went to our room leaving the staff to bring our bags which followed 10 minutes later.

Our room was large with beautiful views over the shannon. The bed was large and the room was very clean and modern with a flat screen tv. Lots of bathroom products provided with soft fluffy towels in plentiful supply.

We went to the bar for a drink and this was buzzing. Service could have be faster but we were so relaxed and chilled that it didnt bother us. We had nice bar sandwiched and the cocktails were very nice indeed.

The next day was the wedding and we went for a swim first thing,. The facilities are very good.
The hotel really put on a show for the weddign it self. The food at the meal was superb. 5* qulaity - not the usual fare ...Steak was tender and cooked just right. All the guests were raving about the service and food which is always a great sign/

I must say we were sad to leave the hotel as we had such a chillled trip. Athlone is a good town with lots to do and see.

I would have no hesitation recommending the Radisson fro a weekend break....

Brilliant, Relaxing and great location.

by TripAdvisor Member johnburns

My wife and i stayed here for one night in a junior suite. The suite was very nice with a queen size bed, sitting area, tea and coffe making facilities, two sides of the room had panoramic windows with great views of the river shannon. The bathroom was extra large with a very nice selection of complimentary toiletries.

The main restraunt "Elements" was very nice and we enjoyed a beautiful meal, my wife had chicken which was delicious and i had my usual favorite Fillet steak and was perfect.

Breakfast the next morning was superb with a fantastic selection of foods from cereals to hot food such as eggs, bacon, sausages, pudding, mushrooms and tomatoes, Juices and Tea and coffees were freely available.

The staff were very nice and very helpful and the last think i want to mention is their bar which was great, we enjoyed a few tipples while listing to the piano being played and was wonderful.

Great hotel and i really reccomend it, there is also some shoping to be done in athlone town and many other eateries and bars available.

Good hotel - would like to have stayed for longer

by TripAdvisor Member wugly

Stayed in the Radisson for one night in March while attending a friend's wedding in the nearby Wineport Lodge. The decision was based mainly on economics - we have a friend who works in the Radisson who got us a good price so it was a difference of 80 euros between the two hotels including the taxi home.

While we did not get to explore the premises as fully as we would have liked (never even saw the leisure centre) we were very impressed especially after some less than stellar Irish hotel stays recently. The room was large and spotless, well decorated and with all the amenities an occasional traveller could wish for (hair-dryer, iron, mini-bar, rubber duck). The bed was large and comfortable (very important after an Irish wedding) and we even had a nice view over the Shannon.

The few staff we dealt with were polite and efficient - they ordered a taxi to take us from the Wineport at half two which showed up on time. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty with plenty of options outside of the full Irish. The toast got a bit burnt, that's my biggest complaint, which is obviously a good sign.

Would have liked to have stayed longer, would like to go back, if only I could find a reason to go to Athlone (kidding!).

Very, very good

by TripAdvisor Member Joolsleeds

The Radisson is a great hotel.

I stayed there for just one evening in May 07, and I wished I could have stayed longer.

The room was massive, King sized bed, massive bathroom and wardrobe space.

The room was spotless and well equipped with all you need - even a rubber duck for the bath!

I only breakfasted during my stay at the Radisson, however the food was of a good quality and served buffet style.

The staff were excellent, and could not do any more for us... If I am ever nearby Athlone again, I will return without question.

I never give 5* reviews, but the Athlone Radisson really deserves such a high rating.

Free Wireless with a view

We stayed in the Athlone Radisson a very new hotel, lovely rooms, much nicer than its sister hotel at Dublin Airport where the rooms are starting to look tired by comparrison. The staff were very helpful and attentive. The meal at the restaraunt was good. Breakfast was included and delivered to our room at the requested time. I will be staying here again

Good Location - shame about the food.

by TripAdvisor Member CatherineIreland

Good location fo9r a walk into the enctre of the town, staff at front desk were excellant very friendly and efficient.

However, the food inthe restaurant was terrible, the service was slow. No beef or fish availible I could go on!!

If you stay here please do yourslef a favour and dont eat here !

Nice Hotel, food not great

by TripAdvisor Member Conansound

Room was great, staff are good, cleanliness around lobby is not great, toilets were dirty.. However the rooms were spotless and well maintained. The bar food is fine, but not in any way adventurous, its the same fare available in every other pub in the country, hardly hotel fare. The restaurant was not great. Far better available in the town. Couldn't get a sandwich at 10pm in this hotel as the kitchen had closed !!!! Great location for walking about town. If you're looking for a bed for the night to explore the town...great. But it a bit costly for what you get.

River ShannonRiver Shannon

AthloneAthlone

ClonmacnoiseClonmacnoise

Buses

by leannel

Hi, im moving into oakdale in athlone and im wondering are there buses running from there to athlone i.t and if so, what are the times?

Re: Buses

by poppy6488

Hello there.

Are we to assume you mean Athlone, Ireland?
I recommend you check out the website of the National Bus Company.

www.buseireann.ie

Re: Buses

by tony2phones

These are the regional bus's serving Athlone there are also express services to Dublin and Galway with Bus Eireann and Citylink. dont know why there listed under Westport not Westmeath

Comments