Gleeson Street, Athlone, Ireland
Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

More about Sheraton Athlone

by TripAdvisor Member ni_traveller74

Good standard of hotel - lives up to Sheraton name.
Good location, helpful staff, cool decor, rooms and facilities of high standard, bathrooms excellent.
Only gripes - room was too warm at night, air con too noisy to be left on while sleeping
and........despite comfy beds, pillows were AWFUL - far far too soft - am not normally fussy about pillows but these were uncomfortable!

Sheraton, Athlone

by TripAdvisor Member Madzer

Shocked by how close Athlone is now that the Moate bypass is open. We had a spacious twin double bed room overlooking the internal courtyard area. Loved the modern decor of hotel and quality of fittings.
It was a real treat to jump into the hotel fluffy robes/slippers and head to the pool which was lovely and warm, (as was the water) perfect for our toddler and 4mth old baby. Loved the toddler pool and the jet massage area. Spa treatments were excellent, especially deep tissue massage.
The staff were friendly, especially the night staff as they delivered a third bottle of wine to our room within seconds of ordering it. The buffet breakfast was good quality. We had dinner in the restaurant on the first night and service was terribly slow but I am putting this only bad experience of our stay down to teething problems.
Overall, we were very happy and hope to be back soon.

Another Great Weekend In Athlone !

by TripAdvisor Member MiaMambo

Once again we came to Athlone for our quick break as it was my husbands birthday..This time staying in the Sheraton Hotel .
Requested an early check in and was in our Jr Suite for 1pm on Saturday 21st June.

The suite was excellant ..Huge bed very very comfy the bathroom was HUGE with seperate shower and huge bath...
Another great thing about the Sheraton is that it is attached onto the new shopping centre and with the weather we had there was no need to go further than a quic lift to the main concourse.
I of course hit the shops.

The pool as already mentioneded was great didnt check out the spa as it was only for the one night..But the pool and the hydrotherapy section was an added bonus.

Didnt dine in the hotel as we had reservations for the Left Bank Bisto .(a must for any vistors to Athlone.)

The breakfast was the BEST buffet breakfast and the Chef was there as mentioned cooking eggs to prefection....and the coffee was Heavan ...

I have nothing but praise for the Sheraton Athlone. ..And would highly reccommend it to one and all..We will be back for another visit very very soon.!

Absolutely fantastic :)

by TripAdvisor Member letters4alison

What can I say... we held our wedding in the Sheraton Athlone earlier this month & all I can say is it was just perfect from start to finish. The civil service was on the Thurs with pictures taken on the gorgeous rooftop gardens. Myself & some of my family stayed Wed night & approx 25 of us stayed Fri night also.
Everyone left singing the praises of the hotel staff, the superb food, excellent service & modern, chic decor... generally all vowing to return soon.
The spa is second to none – quite a few of us had massages on the afternoon after the wedding & the service was superb. The facial I experienced on the Fri morning was the best I've ever had :) The pool is simply stunning & the rooms are to die for... penthouse/bridal suite is well worth booking – we stayed there an extra night!!
The fact that the location is so central is a massive plus – the shopping centre is one of the better ones around & well worth dropping into.
General Manager, Mark, couldn't have been more professional whilst Shirley, the Business Development Manager, is a dream to work with. The bar staff are second to none... Donna, with her bubbly personality and prompt service deserves a special mention also!
Myself & da new hubbie are already planning a return trip :)

Sheraton?More like a bad Four Points....

by TripAdvisor Member Skedooshe

I stayed here with my partner to get away from it all- rest and relaxation. The hotel itself is badly situated- an ugly street, facing some kind of monastery. There are no indications from the car park how to get to reception. The elevators are very confusing- every single person we met in the lift over the course of the weekend complained that they were lost, couldn't get to their destination, etc.Luckily my boyfriend has a good sense of direction...
The check-in was impersonal- fake smiles all round. The room they gave us was roasting hot- they advised us to close the window and leave the air con on full while we went to dinner. Four hours later we returned to our room which was like a sauna- the air conditioning was broken the entire time and we had to switch rooms at 23.30pm!Thanks reservations for giving us the worst room in the hotel!

Dinner was a fiasco- while we were studious enough to book ahead, we were advised to come much later than we originally wanted so that it would be quieter- it was the opposite- guests coming that didn't reserve and large groups they weren't expecting-it was a set menu due to a charity event taking place- so besides the lack of choice, the food was lukewarm.

We decided that since dinner was a fiasco, the next night we ordered room service- do not order room service!!!The food was awful- not good quality- and half of the things didn't arrive. We had to call down to get the bread that was meant to come with our soup, among other things!They didn't even let us eat on the table with the compartments that keep the food warm-they took the table away!

There is no food in the bar and don't try the cocktails girls...they are watery and taste nothing like the real thing...

On the plus side, it is great to be attached to a fantastic shopping outlet and the Harvest cafe which offers affordable meals and treats. The buffet breakfast is fantastic.But overall, the customer service needs a good polishing. This is not Sheraton standard- yet. There is a lot of work to do. I would advise people to not have high expectations.Although there are many happy reviews, I hope this isn't due to the fact that as a brand new hotel, they gave away lots of free stays to drum up interest.

Feelgood girlie break

by TripAdvisor Member Sharsmyth

I recently stayed overnight in the Sheraton hotel in Athlone to meet an old friend for a girlie get-together and catch up. The hotel is truly lovely, well situated right in the centre of town, over the new shopping centre.

We had a twin room which was superb, more than enough room for us both. I especially loved the bathroom with the seperate shower. The beds were so comfy.

We didn't have time to check out the spa facilities but the pool area was amazing, with great jets in the pool itself and the plunge pool area.

The staff were so friendly and really gave the impression that nothing was too much trouble for them. The breakfast was lovely also with a selection to suit every taste. The whole ambience in the hotel was lovely and I will defintiely will be making a return vist...... maybe this time take the Hubby for a romatic break.

Fab hotel well worth a visit!

Worth a return visit!

by TripAdvisor Member Patti78

Stayed in the hotel in early July with 2 friends for a girlie weekend and have to say for a new hotel they are well worth the visit.
We arrived late on the Friday night so found it difficult to find hotel in dark, suggest following signs for Shopping Centre and then you will clearly see hotel as it is 12 floors high!
We were staying in 3rd floor room and they were superb, 2 double beds, couch, armchairs and as for the bathroom WOW!
Breakfast buffet was plentiful and well stocked.....suggest going about 10am before the rush to avoid queues. The hot breakfast is particularly yummy.
We really enjoyed cocktails too, recommend Appletini and Peach Dream.
We all had treatments booked and my therapist Joanne was really nice and I truly felt like a VIP! One thing I think could change is that you can access relaxation room prior to treatment.
Overall will definitely recommend and hope to be back soon.

Sheraton - the place to stay in Athlone

by TripAdvisor Member Bernsydney

I stayed in the Sheraton with a friend recently and what an experience... The rooms are spacious, clean, and tastefully furnished. The staff are welcoming and accommodating. When staying there be sure to take time out for a dip in their swim/spa area. I would definitely go back!

Great hotel in the heart of Ireland

by TripAdvisor Member gallaron

Recently had a short break with my wife to Athlone and decided to try the Sheraton. With the new bypass of Moate once you get out of Dublin, Athlone is within easy reach. When we got to the hotel we were told we'd been upgraded to a deluxe room which sounded nice. The room itself was nice but wasn't massive so not sure what difference there is between it and a regular room though it was in the tower section of the hotel. We had dinner in the restaurant on the first night as part of the package. Dinner was nice if unspectacular. They only have table d'hote so far and no ala carte.
Breakfast on both mornings was good though no alternatives like waffles or omelettes. It is a buffet but you're served by a chef for hot food and on the second morning it was a bit busier and service was slightly brusque. The bar is fine but a bit small and not really a cosy residents bar. Pool is nice with some massaging water features. Hotel throughtout has a very modern design which I liked but I'm not sure if it would stand the test of time in a few years. Staff were friendly and all in all had a very good visit

Not 100% Happy

by TripAdvisor Member niamhsherry

Im putting my bad experience in this hotel down to teething problems.
While you couldnt fault the decor, the rooms or the Spa, it had a few other problems.
We stayed here for our 3rd wedding anniversary and booked a "club room" which costs extra due to exclusive access to a private "club lounge" which was not open at all during our 2 days here.
No robes or slippers provided even though they have a Spa.
Scrambled eggs at breakfast were inedible.
No food menus in the bar, no food available in the bar, you have to trapes up to the Harvest Cafe in the shopping centre which is attached.
No channel 4 on the TV menu and lifts not working for most of Sat due to a leak.
We spent over €600 for our 2 night break here and I dont feel for that money, we got what we were expecting.
These things may not bother most people but as it was such a special ocasion we were a little disapointed!
The only thing I will say in its favour is the Spa is truly amazing, 5 star treatment.

Comments