Tullamore Road Co Westmeath

Bloomfield House Hotel, Leisure Club and Spa
Travelocity Booking.com Priceline.com

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

On The banks of Lake Ennell

A pleasant enough hotel, that mainly caters for weddings at the weekend. Thus be prepared for that eventuality. In the week, the place is unlikely to be full.

Recently re-furbished it is a good three-star place, but needs a firm hand to tidy up a fews things and push it into the four star category.

Friendly staff.

Unique Quality: On the banks of lake Ennell, make sure you ask for a room with a lake view.

Directions: 3 miles out of town - see their website for details

More about Bloomfield House Mullingar

Zoi Zoi Zoi aaahhhh

by sourbugger

The spa complex attached to the Bloomfield house hotel (see seperate tip) comes highly recommended by Sourbugger, and more importantly by SB's wife, who is the authority in such things.

Being something of a Spa virgin I was given a form to fill-in before my massagae/facial/waxing etc.
Where it asked for 'Date ?' and 'Sex ?', I obviously wrote "Yes, please" and where it said "Skin type ?" I a replied "Covers the bones, keeps the rain out".

Despite this I still came out refreshed and relaxed.

Other treatments include :

• Foot Delight Treatments
• Pampering Hand Ritual

Loved the whole experience

by TripAdvisor Member KarthleenO

A friend recommended Bloomfield House Hotel to myself and partner. When we arrived on Friday Evening we where well impressed. The lobby was very warm and clean. The receptionist was very welcoming. Our bedroom was very clean with lovely fresh crisp linen. The Bar staff reallly friendly and chatty. We could not fault food or service. Both of us treated ourselves to Spa Therapy and it was excellent. We will be returning again. We could not fault our week-end the staff could not do enough for us.
Every member of staff we came across smiled and said Hello.
Cead Mile Failte is still in this Hotel Thank God. Keep up the good work.

lovely location but that's about all I can say that's positive

by TripAdvisor Member Clare41

I recently stayed at this hotel for a "spa experience" break which was two nights b & b and one dinner plus 4 Elemis treatments in the spa. The spa part was the only good part of the experience. On the night I arrived I ordered room service of a bowl of soup and a sandwich. It was delivered with just a soup spoon though the sandwich had salad which I couldn't eat with no cutlery. Breakfast was very poor. I had my spa treatments on the Saturday afternoon - bliss. Then I went for a walk to the lake which was very pleasant. When i went for dinner in the very busy restaurant, I found the service to be appalling and the food bore no resemblance to the description on the menu. There was a dinner/dance on that night and when I retired to my room for an early night I couldn't sleep as the function was directly underneath my room and all the smokers were gathered outside underneath my window having very loud sing songs etc. I actually couldn't wait to leave!

Amazing stay

by TripAdvisor Member linda85

We had a really terrific time ,the room we got had a lakeview and that made a huge difference ,the reception staff were very friendly .The location is so peacefull ,food was lovely ,we would have stayed another night if we could have ,and we will definatley return .

Disgusting

by TripAdvisor Member merchand

We had our daughters first holy communion in Bloomfield. Booked a table for twenty everything went wrong the food was disgusting the plates were filthy. The waiters were rude.We waited an hour for our main course. The children waited longer.ne of the party found a dead fly in her veg. I would never eat here again ,

Middle of the road

by TripAdvisor Member Dublinlocal

Stayed here on a 1 night B+B including dinner for EUR200 for 2 adults.
Also booked 2 SPA treatments - massage was just ok, wife had pedicure which she thought was also above average. Total for the two was EUR100, which was good value, but it showed. Have had much much better, but they cost more.
Dinner was nice, wine selection limited, nice desert, but overall you got the feeling it was all pre-prepared.
Bar was very poor. 1 person serving all guests at one point - waited about 10 mins to get served, then gave up.
Returned after dinner. Pub was packed, due to wedding, and a clearout of the function room. Again, along wait despite 3 bar staff.
Room was nice, but this is an old hotel, hence small windows, limited space etc.
The big negative was the fact there was a wedding at the hotel. and this took over the hotel (we were not staying there as part of this). We asked for a room with a view of the lake, as suggested by a previous poster. However, it turned out this room was directly over the residents bar part of the hotel, which came alive at about 2am-4.30am. Very poor soundproofing, so this woke both of us up
Would recommend future guests to request a room away from the pub part, but still try for lake view.
Overall, not bad value, but lack of sleep was a real issue.
Did not use swimming pool, so cannot comment on that. Breakfast was nice, but hotel was very full, hence staff fully stretched.

The best ever

by TripAdvisor Member BootUK

Excellent hotel - the best ive stayed in. Staff were extremely friendly especially a waitress named Mary. Food was top class and our room was very spacious with a wonderful view of the lake. Cant wait to go back. AB

Great Experience!

by TripAdvisor Member IrishFlorida

Our whole family stayed there in late June for our son's wedding. The staff was wonderful! The rooms are "lovely", quite large and comfortable. Not one of our guests had any problems and it was a great setting for a wedding and family reunion. It was recommended as a setting for the wedding by a friend from Ireland and he was right. The food at the wedding was very good although the Irish like their meat cooked well done. We would recommend the Bloomfield to anyone and look forward to going back there as soon as possible.
The Duffy Family

pure tranquility

by TripAdvisor Member Drumneen

We have just come back after staying at the Hotel
The room was fantastic and the Staff could not do enough for us
The Premier Suite is to die for and has great views of the lake
Highly recommend this hotel