The Still, Enniscorthy, Ireland

Hotelsclick.com Otel.com

• vinegarhill1798's Profile Photo

Top Irish Spa

Totally pampered at this luxurious small select hotel on the outskirts of Enniscorthy town beside a quaint hamlet known as 'The Still'. Yes, you've guessed, it was a whiskey distillery at one time and produced the famous Jameson label. This Spa is a retreat from the woes of everyday hum-drum work & life. Secluded and private, access via closed electric gates. The demise of the 'Celtic Tiger' has made this venue very competitive and popular and yet standards are well maintained. It caters for the more discerning visitor who wants a break from noisy kids, read a good book and have a round of golf at the local course in Enniscorthy. Spa treatments as the name suggests are readily available with pleasant walks in the surrounding area.

Unique Quality: Massage, Spa, Facials, Fine food.

Directions: Well signposted once you reach Enniscorthy either from the Europort Ferry or Dublin airport. As the locals who are helpful and friendly.

More about Monart

Fabulous Treat

by TripAdvisor Member hottotrot77

I thought long and hard about where by husband could bring me for a special birthday treat. I chose Monart as its Adults only and based on previous reviews i read here....was slightly nervous that it would not live up to expectations....I needn't have worried! From the moment we arrived at the gate, we had arrived! The bedrooms were my favourite part of the stay, bed was so comfy and the ensuite huge, could have spent the weekend here alone!

Then down to the spa for some treatments, I had 3 over the 2 days, loved each of them but especially the shared mud chamber with my husband! The biggest let down was the pool, for me it was too cold and the water from the jets was too cold to be enjoyable. I would have loved a standard Jacuzzi to laze back in.

The dinner which was included in the package was great, had a steak to die for, only thing about the restaurant that we didnt like was the tables were very close together to the point of not being able to avoid the conversations on either side. We found ourselves whispering at times and eventually got talking to those beside us when i hit their table by accident! This did not take away from the dinner experience though...

We dined in the bar the following night, had some lovely fish here, its not cheap but very enjoyable. We had brought some champagne for our arrival, when we rang regarding an ice machine, recption instantly offered an ice bucket and 2 glasses which were promptly dropped up, we experienced this service all weekend...

I look forward to this being an annual treat for the pair of us!

Absolutely amaxing start to finish

by TripAdvisor Member Shelly4720

I do not know where to start - greeted by the porter at the front of the 18century house who took our luggage and parked the car, the receptionist greeted us by offering us chilled fruit on a cocktail stick and then brought us to our room and showed us around the room, showed us how different things worked and detailed our treatment schedule, she was extremely friendly. The room was huge, flat screen TV and dvd player, underfloor heating the bathroom (which you can control the temperature of), huge bed (oh so comfortable) plently of storage space and beautiful furniture throughout.

It's perfectly acceptable to wander around the grounds in the bathrobes provided, which most people do. Food - Breakfast is served in the main dining room and is beautiful a full range of fresh fruit,
pastries, breads, yogurts, cheeses, cereals. Juices, smoothies
and hot breakfasts can be ordered with not just the "Full irish" to chosse from.

Lunch is served in the bar or in the Spa cafe, nice selection also.
Afternoon Tea - this is served in the 18c house, fabulous selection of mini sandwiches, scones, cream and jam and sweet delights - this is a real treat not to be missed. Dinner is available in the bar - a bistro style menu or in the restaurant - Table d'Hote - both were fantastic - food is really exquisite. Service - I think service deserves it's own section as it was absolutely fantastic, every single member of staff were extremently friendly, attentive and professional, they couldn't do enough for you. Well done to the Monart staff. Spa - Wow is all I can say - I had 2 treatments - full bady aroma masssage and the moor mud wrap on the dry flotation tank -both were fantastic - excellent in every way. We also enjoyed the pool and hydrotherapy jets, the senarium, salt grotto, sauna, sweedish log cabin, free foot massages.

As you tell we were extremely impressed by every aspect of Manart - the decor is fantastic - the staff were amazing - the food and the spa treatments pure luxury. I'll be back hopefully in the not too distant future.

Deserves its 5 stars - Exceeds expectations

by TripAdvisor Member DublinResident

How fantastic to go somewhere that matches and exceeds expectations - especially in Ireland (where I come from). I went with my sister for a birthday present treat - Monart even gave me a birthday card in the room! The room was fab - plasma screen (didnt switch it on mind you) - fab bathroom - all marble with funky sink and lots of little nice touches. You really feel that attention to detail is everywhere. Monart deserves its 5 stars. The food was divine. We had afternoon tea, dinner in the restaurant and lunch in the spa during our overnight stay. I really cannot fault Monart. I have never said that about any spa I have been to. We really wished we had stayed two nights instead of one ...... next time.

Monart is lovely

by TripAdvisor Member aoifed

My husband and I stayed in Monart over Easter this year. It is a very different experience, firstly becase residents wear their bathrobes all day...that took a bit of getting used to!
The rooms were sparse but comfortable and the staff were friendly. Breakfast in the resturaunt was nice but dinner was a little disappointing.
All in all I would rate the hotel about average. It is lovely but if you enjoy a bit of character and tradition in your expensive weekends away then Monart may be a little on the yuppy side!!
Definitely for couples and not for the easily bored!

Loved loved loved Monart

by TripAdvisor Member MrsDinnis

We have stayed in Monart on a few occassions in the past and we could not praise this place highly enough. My signficant other and I have stayed in some top class hotels over the last few years throughout Europe and Asia but Monart is definately one of our favourites.

Monart is the perfect place for relaxation, great spa, great food and great service.

Fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member niadan

Stayed at Monart for a two night package last week. Words cannot describe how wonderful this place is. It is certainly off the beaten track and you have to use the intercom to get in the gate. We were greeted at the door and our car was parked for us. From then on, it was pure bliss. Our room was fabulous. A big comfy kingsize bed with egyptian cotton linen and duck down duvet and a flat screen tv and dvd player. Italian marble in the bathroom with a wonderful shower. The spa facilites are purely relaxing and comfortable. All the finishes are top class. Everyone walks around in their robes and it is very calm and relaxing. The grounds are perfectly manicured. We had dinner in the restaurant that night. The food was absolutely delicious with a wonderful extensive wine list. The service is second to none. Room service breakfast the next morning was the nicest I ever tasted. We did have occasion to call a doctor that day as my husband hurt his back. All the staff could not have been more helpful. They did everything they could to help us and make us more comfortable. I had some treatments in the spa and they were worth every cent. We decided to dine in the bar that night and it was very pleasant. The food was very tasty and excellant quality. The selection of breafast in the restaurant is to suit every pallet and all hot food is cooked to order. All in all Monart is total relaxation paradise. We did not want to leave. All the staff were exceptional. The decor is pure luxury and the spa is fantastic. This is the place to come to to leave the world behind you and switch off.

First Class Spa

by TripAdvisor Member Mzer1978

Stayed for 4 days at the start of May and i cannot recommend the place highly enough. Spa treatments were fantastic and worth every cent. Both room and bathroom were wonderful, only minor detail was the lack of a mini bar, which ment for any drink you had to call room service. We did have to have our meal bills checked on more than once occasion, e.g being charged for a full bottle of wine instead of a glass etc. i would also say that there wasnt a huge variation between the menu over the 4 days, which for a stay of maybe a week may become an issue. These were only minor issues and will certainly be returning on a regular basis.

Reap off!!!

by TripAdvisor Member whitelove

Far too expensive. One night 320 euro B&B. Lunch (was waiting for it 30 minutes, then they brought us fish cakes looked very like made from frozen, very dry, trestles )cost us 39 euro! Dinner had very small portions, cost enormous 170 euro, and my husband was sick after it. One treatment 90 euro. Spa itself nothing unusual, seen better.
The only plus was the building itself and room. Whoever design it done a very good job.
They also have a very late check in- at 3 o'clock. Next day you have to check out at 12, which leaving the overall stay a very short and very expensive.
Cost of our one night stay-620 euro.
What can I say? Never again. I am not a mean person and know that good service cost a lot. But not that much, that it takes all the goodness from it.

Wow - Fantastic Spa Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Strad

I cannot praise this wonderful gem of a place enough. They seem to have got everything so right and reallly paid attention to detail. Every staff member we dealt with could not have been more friendly, welcoming and hospitable (which I find can be seriously lacking in the service industry in Ireland) so this was a truly wonderful experience. Everything was perfect from the moment we arrived to have our bags and car taken away to the wonderful 'afternoon tea' served in one of the Drawing Rooms. One of my favourite places was the Dark Relaxation Room - wow this was quite a place to unwind. I also enjoyed the complimentary foot massage.

We were also greeted by the owner which I found refreshing that he could take time out of his day to meet with guests.

I have been to different spas in 5 Star resorts in Thailand and Mauritius and the standards in Monart are above what I have experienced in these hotels.

Although it is a little bit pricey, after spending 1 night there we left feeling completely relaxed. My only comments would be that a hot tub/jacuzzi would be a nice addition to the Thermal Suite and its just a little bit on the pricey side but in Monart you definitely get what you pay for and it was worth every penny. Although I went with my Mum its also a place that you could quite comfortably visit on your own.

The grounds, the food, the space and tranquility, the really comfy beds, the treatments (had a great sports massage), the really friendly staff - it was all quite a wonderful experience which I will definitely be back to repeat.

Comments