Ballindinas, Wexford, County Wexford, Ireland

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• orlikins's Profile Photo

Quality Hotel Wexford

Enjoyed my visit there.
    You are charged per room, not per person, so it can be good value if there are a nuimber of you going.
    TV, en-suite, choice of smoking or non, balcony, tea/coffee.

Unique Quality: Pool, gym and beauty salon, bar is good craic as well. You wouldnt stay there for the views, cos there are'nt any, but the location is great for Wexford town, Rosslare, the main national routes to Dublin, Waterford, Cork & LImerick, south Wexford sights.

Directions: Where the N11 meets the N25 at the roundabout. About 3miles outside Wexford town

More about Maldron Hotel Wexford

It was only ok....

by TripAdvisor Member Mick_irl

Stayed at the Quality Hotel in Wexford this weekend just gone.

Firstly, the hotel's own website states that it is 5 minutes from the town. If you are lucky, it is aa 5 minute drive (depending on how bad the traffic is). It is at least a 30-40 minute walk.

The hotel itself was fine. Rooms were spacious and clean.

The bar area tended to get quite busy and during the day seemed to be under pressure. The day we arrived we had some lunch in the bar. There seemed to be one member of staff working the area and lots of the tables were not cleaned off.

One word of warning! There is a phone at the receptopn desk for a taxi company. Do not use it if you are in a hurry. When you ring the cab company, they tell you they will be out in "10 minutes" which in our experience can be anything from 30 minutes to one hour.

Get the phone book in your hotel room and book a different company!

Appalling Restaurant

by TripAdvisor Member Irish1978

Have stayed here several times on business over the last number of years. Rooms are ok although they are beginning to show their age and are in need of painting, duvets instead of blankets are a welcome touch. The hotel is not within walking distance of the town as I have seen advertised. The restauraunt is absolutely appalling, we waited over 45 mins between courses only to be served an inedible burger-when I informed the manager that I wasnt paying he insisted I pay for half the meal as I had eaten some chips and the salad.....throughout the course of the meal the waiter continually refered to us as "lads" which was highly annoying. Its a ok hotel with a poor resteraunt - nicer hotels for similar prices in Wexford town itself though.

A really nice break

by TripAdvisor Member Herondancer

Stayed in this hotel over Easter with my wife and two kids as part of a larger family group. Because of the holidays the hotel was very full and busy but this did not impact on us during our time there. I did not find it as noisy as some other reviewers and our room overlooked the courtyard too.

All the staff were very helpful and attentive despite being run off their feet.

For some unknown reason we were given one of the superior rooms on the fourth floor instead of the regular family room we had requested. This room was really spacious and roomy with a very welcome balcony complete with tables and chairs. I'd say this room is about twice the size of the rooms on the lower floors.

We only ate breakfast in the restaurant and I could find no fault with it either.

Our room cost €180 per night which seems pricey except that it was the Easter weekend. Breakfast was €10 pp extra and €5 per child. One thing to check out - ring the hotel as well as checking prices online as I think that €180 + €30 for breakfast for the four of us per night was cheaper than the package originally quoted on their website !!!

Great for kids...retaurant service lets it down.

by TripAdvisor Member fobs

Stayed here over the May Bank Holiday weekend. Hotel room was overlooking the roundabout so not great view but room adequate for 2 adults and 2 kids. Pool was great and breakfast was good too. Dined in the bar on the first evening and this was nice and served promptly but the second evening in the restaurant it took ages for the food to arrive. Had booked meal for 7:30 and was 8:30 before we got our starters and 10pm before finishing so not great service here but overall for a hotel with kids it was good.

It's all about location

by TripAdvisor Member Maryboro

We stayed there one night before we caught a ferry to the uk. For the month of June I would have thought that the hotel would look smarter, it could do with a coat of paint. While the rooms were clean and well kept it was beginning to show signs of wear and tear.
We were due to check in at nearby Rosslare at 7am and were dissapointed to hear that this hotel doesn't begin to serve breakfast 'till that time.
We didn't avail of the hotel's dining facilities as we went into Wexford town for a meal.
Just beacuse of it's location we would stay here again.

I dont know, they cancelled our booking

by TripAdvisor Member almighty0

We booked the hotel for two nights at the end of July, however 4 days before we were due to stay there, a person called us from the hotel to say that the hotel had been book out fully by some company and that our room was unavailable for the first night.

We had paid our deposit 3 weeks in advance. They offered us no alternative forms of accommodation and not even anything for the inconvenience.

Quality Hotel???. Well its hard to say if it is quality - given that they cancel reservations at a whim.
Their customer service certainly isn't quality. The manner of their receptionists certainly isn't quality.

If you book here then you'd be best booking somewhere else "Just in case".

Great Value,Good Facilities For Price but Bar/Lounge-a bit small

by TripAdvisor Member lamEire

This hotel has a lot going for it & is great for children.Good large comfortable rooms, some with balcony. Hairdryer,press-tea/coffee making facilities
Good Bar Food (menu NOT extensive).Nice seated courtyard
Couldnt get table in restaurant. for dinner BUT Breakfast was BRILLIANT. Self service-everything you or children could wish for!
Outside Playground for children
WEEKEND activities for children (day & evening)
Crazy Golf
Leisure Centre-swimming etc.
Good Parking

Hotel is situated right at the New Ross roundabout so NO VIEWS. ITS NOT NEAR WEXFORD TOWN.YOU DO NEED A CAR.

IF you are bothered by noise, ask for a room NOT on the N25 route. Our room faced it and we had 2 bad nights sleep!!

Also the bar/lounge area is VERY SMALL for the number of guests and the restaurant gets booked out quickly. SO either make a reservation early OR get dinner elsewhere. We did so in Wexford and came back to hotel later. We could hardly get a seat in bar/lounge/outside or lobby-hotel was so packed!!

Overall-its a good base for touring and is quite reasonably priced compared to other hotels in the area.

Disasterous weekend

by TripAdvisor Member Raknakel

I dont know where to start because I can find very little I could say Inwas happy with.
I had researched the hotel and it was recommended to me from my own parents, I called the hotel prior to booking to be sure the kids club would be running as I wanted some time to relax in the sauna which isnt an option with a 5 year old. All was assured and it sounded perfect.
When we finally found the hotel after there terrible directions onn there website (obviously werent up to date) I was ready to relax. My son was given a colouring book to colour while we checked in, I thought that was great! As I check in I was reminded by the receptionist to be considerate of others staying in the hotel (this was in reference to my 5 yr old) I asked to put him in for the kids club it had started about 30mins before we got there so he couldnt join in after it had started, I was told he could go in at movie time which my son didnt want to do as he is very shy and wasnt going to have time to make friends first. So I booked him in for the moning club.
We went for a swim with my son so no sauna but I thought thats ok, I'll use the sauna and jaccuzi tomorrow while he was in the kids club.
That night we went to bed until other occupants started acting up. between the hours of 3 and 4.30 am I had to listen to drunken men in the corridor banging on each door trying to remember which room was his, then 2 teenage girls shouting down to the courtyard to men drinking, to come up to there room with drink. They where shouting up and down for almost an gour and nobody came and told them to stop.
The following morning, exhausted from no sleep I clung to the idea of relaxing in the sauna, pool etc etc . We went for breakfast and I head over to the room for the kids club at 9.30 as I was told. 9.50 and still no staff was there, I went to reception and they called the girls who replied it doesnt start till 10! Not what I was told the night before. I was told to go back down and wait. So down I went. When the girl arrived she informed me she wouldnt take my son on his own so if the ither kids enrolled for that day didnt come it was cancelled for my son, No one else turned up so for the second time me and my son where let down by the kids club.
I went staright back to my room and packed up, and lodgedmy complaints to the manager on duty. He said he would get to the bottom of it and sort something out. I followed the complaint in an email the next day.
A few days later he called me and made lots of excuse for the hotel and its staff, I told him I wanted a refund! He refused and would only offer another stay and I had no intrest in staying there again.
I ask to speak to someone above him but he was away on holidays for 2 weeks so I asked to have him call me then.
This is the only part I was satisfied with, 2 weeks later he called me and made no excuse just offered his appoligies and gave me a full refund.
All in all, I would never go back
PS- the toilet door lock in my room was so stiff I was locked in for almost 20 mins until my partner got it open from the outside.

EXCELLENT

by TripAdvisor Member Irishkits

EXCELLENT HOTEL. Superb if traveling with kiddies as they just blend in.

Food and Service Excellent.

Facilitys for Children excellent. Beautiful swimming pool with kiddies pool. Lovely kiddies club, games room, outdoor playground and children welcome into bar at night where they have great music.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Comments