Derry Hotels

Our Members Say

Tower Hotel: Tower Hotel

Prices start at £69 for a single room, £89 for a twin/double.

One of the newest hotels in the city centre, the only hotel within the city walls. More 'up-market'.

UPDATE: We had our X-Mas party there, and I have to say that I really wasn't impressed with the food!

• Opinion of Price: about average

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Derry City Independent Hostel: Derry City Independent Hostel

Never really had the need to stay in a hostel or hotel in Derry, but I've only heard good things about this place. Ideal when travelling on a tight budget. I do have fond memories of staying in independent hostels on a lot of my travels through Ireland, there's usually always more of a community feel in these places. This one is located in the city centre within walking distance of all the attractions and - more importantly - the bars right at the bottom of the street ;o)

It's very popular, especially with younger backpackers from all over.

UPDATE: They used to be in Asylum Road, but now have moved into a much nicer building in Great James Street. (The picture to the left was taken in front of the old building until I get a new one)

Your breakfast is included in the price, free broadband Internet access, unlimited free tea/coffee (!very important :o)!), satellite tv and free video library, laundry, 24hr reception, £2 off Giant's Causeway onto Belfast tours.

There seems to be a minimum number of 2 nights.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking

The old Hostel in Asylum Rd, Derry

Derry City Hostel: Derry City Hostel

UPDATE 30/11/03
Well, it looks like the Hostel is now closed for good. I read in the paper that the Nerve Centre is going to exapand into it. Which in itself is a good thing as they do great work in all forms multimedia and provide local musicians with practice rooms, recording studio, live venue etc... But unfortunately we lose more budget accommodation.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel

Derry City Hostel in Magazine St, Derry

• dmrtn profile photo dmrtn
  • Reviews: 50

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Iona Inn: My favourite B+B in Derry

The B+B itself is pretty standard. Clean, tidy, all the good stuff, but the people who run it are just really friendly and I love staying there. Its attached to a pub but is in the building next door to it so is not noisy.

Friendly staff and owners.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average