Maynooth Road, Dunboyne, 00000, IE

Costs 37% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa

A brilliant stay in Dunboyne

by TripAdvisor Member Brianocw

Just came back from a fantastic stay at Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa. From the minute we checked in we were looked after brilliantly. The staff on check in informed us of the availability of Spa treatments so we decided to treat ourselves. The Spa staff were excellent and we had really relaxing massages. The facilities in the Spa were brilliant. The food in the restaurant on Saturday evening was excellent and very reasonably priced considering the high quality of the food we were served. An excellent wine list with recommendations from the waiting staff went down a treat. A late check out was given to us on Sunday so after a lazy lunch it was off home. A brilliant stay and excellent facilities with great staff.

exceeded our expectations

by TripAdvisor Member noramay55

We have just returned from a weekend break at Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa & what a treat it was! We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and from the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty!

The Spa is out of this world. Not for under 16's but as we were away for a weekend without the kids it was welcomed with open arms. I induldged in a treatment while my partner hung out in their fabulous hydrotherapy pool.

Couldnt fault dinner in the restuarant; service, presentation and quality was second to none.

Lunch on the Sunday in the Sadlier bar was tasty & offered a good choice. We watched Ireland V France rugby match on their big screen. The result was the only thing we could complain about over the weekend!

We are thinking of returning with the kids at Easter, as they were advertising a great Easter package.

Great? I don't think so.

by TripAdvisor Member Cardiganwoman

Myself and my husband stayed in this hotel last Friday night as a birthday treat. Check-in was speedy enough, and the staff were as pleasant as you'd expect them to be. My husband was booked in for a treatment in the spa so we spent an hour or two relaxing in that area. I can see what they were trying to achieve with the spa area, but it wasn't particularly successful. There was a very small selection of rooms - a tepid room, a sauna and a steam-room, along with a hydrotherapy pool and outdoor hot-tub. It's satisfactory if you haven't visited other spa-areas such as Monart and the Heritage in Killenard, but I found it to be lacking. Particularly when they proceed to charge for juices (€6 a pop) after you've already paid extra to use the fairly average facilities.

The room was a larger-than-average hotel room. Although the horel is new, I could see cracks starting to appear in the room and along the corridor - both of which were painted a grubby shade of off-white. The bathroom was lovely though, with separate shower. Two major faults with the room was that the safe did not work, and the door closed over when you walked through it, but did not lock. Luckily we realised this the first time we left the room - otherwise the room would have been wide-open for anyone to walk into (not particulary great if the safe was defunct!) One other fault with the room is that no water was provided in the mini-bar.

We ate in the hotel restaurant that night. The food was pretty nice - particularly the raspberry clafoutis with delicious ice-cream that I had for dessert. However, we were left with a bitter taste when we went to pay. I had booked one night's B&B with dinner. We were informed, when presented with the bill after the meal, that this package actually only includes a contribution towards the cost of the dinner. Nowhere was this mentioned to us prior to paying for the meal - not when booking, not when corresponding with the hotel regarding the time of dinner, not when checking in and not when we arrived for dinner. Quite poor, in my book.

This sneakiness regarding the cost of things extended to the fact that a bottle of water during dinner was priced at €6 (also not mentioned when ordering) and that the newspaper we ordered for the following morning was not complimentary. I've never stayed in a hotel where the morning newspaper was not complimentary. In a way, it just sums up Dunboyne Castle - an average 4-star hotel, but watch out for the extras - off which there are quite a few!

Really loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member casablanca2

Lovely weekend away. Hotel and grounds are beautiful, the old house blends very well with the new building...and the village is very picturesque. The girl who checked us in (sorry I can not remember her name!) was lovely and extremely helpful.

I was amazed at how clean my bedroom was but what really made the difference was the Ivy. The service was amazing and food was of a very good quality. I had the monkfish and my boyfriend had lamb, all mouthwatering. I have to say I did not expect a countryside hotel restaurant to be as busy! After dinner we went to the Sadlier bar where they had traditional Irish Music and there was a great buzz.
Sunday morning we came down for breakfast quite early to enjoy our treatments at the Spa. What can I say? Outstanding. I will definitely be back!

Fantastic Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Carrie-6

I brought my boyfriend here for a romantic weekend for his birthday and it was so nice. I loved it. I felt pampered and in the lap of luxury for the whole weekend. We had a beautiful meal in the Ivy and stayed up in the bar afterwards enjoying the relaxed atmosphere. The bedroom was gorgeous. It was on the ground floor so there was some noise but the staff were quick to remedy that. All in all i'd recommend this thoroughly and i'd go back there in a second.

Comments