, Dunboyne, ie

Costs 53% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa

Absolute bliss

by TripAdvisor Member frequent_traveller09

Just back from a night in Dunboyne Castle hotel and had to write a review. Everything about our stay was 5 star. The staff were so friendly and helpful. It's unusual to get that sort of service in Ireland lately. The food in the restaurant was delicious. Our room was amazing and looked out over the grounds. The only thing I could complain about was that we could only stay one night. I'd definitely recommend it. We'll definitely be back, hopefully for a bit longer next time!

Highly recommend!

by TripAdvisor Member NYSharon

I am an extensive traveller and without a doubt this is one of the best hotels I’ve stayed at. The hotel is conveniently located, close to the Dublin airport, a major shopping - Blanchtown Shopping Centre, and within reach of Dublin city centre; yet it is nestled in the tranquil setting of the town of Dunboyne. I appreciated the comfortable luxury of the hotel as it catered to my business needs, but particularly to my desire to be pampered. I found the hotel room to be modern, spacious and bright, with ample work area and complementary high-speed internet access. The restaurant offered an impressive complementary breakfast buffet, and the lounge was a comfortable spot for an afternoon tea or evening beverage. I thoroughly enjoyed the use of the Seiod Spa facilities, including the state-of-the-art fitness centre, hydrotherapy pool, hot tub, saunas, and aromatherapy steam room. Above all, the staffs were true professions; friendly and considerate during my entire stay. The Dunboyne Castle Spa certainly gets my endorsement.

Could do a lot better

by TripAdvisor Member Little_Miss_Splendid

Not enough attention to detail for a four star.

The Seoid Spa Centre- not up to scratch steam room and sauna were not up to par- the sauna and steam roon were cold.

Outdoor hot tub a disgrace- mens boxer shorts and socks adorned the tub- and were left there for the duration of our visit- two hours

Finally check out on sunday 40 mins! Service level not up to four star.Management really need to get a grip.

Took trouble to write to complain, response to the effect that they would upgrade on our next visit, won't be taking them up on their offer

To be fair food was excellent.

The Dunboyne is great!

by TripAdvisor Member brendandoyle

This is a genuine report - honest! My business partner and I use this hotel a lot and we really should have posted a review earlier as this hotel is one of the best in Ireland - we should know as we stay in a lot of them. The rooms, staff and food are just brill. I haven't tried the Spa but I'm told it's just as good. This is a 4 star but it looks and feels better - perhaps because it's new. I ususally think hotels live or die on the basis of the staff in them. If that's the case, this one will live a long and happy life as the staff are excellent. If you are there on business or pleasure they can't do enough for you.
If you're looking for a base to explore the area around Dublin or if you're a business looking for a training or a conference venue, I can thoroughly recommend the Dunboyne.

Wonderful Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member pug13

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in early April. It was a wonderful find in Dunboyne. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. We arrived at about 8am and it was possible for us to check in early which allowed us a place to sleep after a long flight. This was definitely helpful. The breakfast was included in our rate. They had a good selection of hot and cold foods.

The rooms were spacious and sparkling clean. I’m picky with hotel rooms when it comes to cleanliness and this was by far one of the best. The beds were incredibly comfortable and the bathrooms large.

We didn’t take advantage of the spa, but the fitness center was wonderful. It was well stocked with new Technogym equipment.

We didn’t eat at the hotel so I’m unable to rate that service. There was a nice lounge that was always full of guests enjoying tea or a drink. We enjoyed most of our dinners at the local pubs and restaurants. There wasn’t a huge selection, but the food we did have was good. We ate at the local pub, Slevin’s, one night and then Italian on the others.

My husband was there on business so I had a lot of free time. The bus stop is about a 7 minute walk from the hotel - very convenient. It was near the church in the center of town. You can take the 270 bus to the Blanchardstown Village Shopping Center for 1.60 euros each way, about a 15 minute ride. This is a huge shopping mall with many of the shops that are located downtown Dublin. Things here were a little less expensive than the stores downtown also.

You can take the 70 bus into Dublin City Center for 1.90 euros each way, about an hour ride depending on traffic. I did this for 3 days and it worked out great.

We had a great time in Dunboyne and loved the Castle Hotel and Spa. It was nice to be out of the hustle and bustle of the city at such a great hotel. With it being so easy to get to city center, this was the perfect situation for us. We’d definitely choose this hotel again.

Comments