Piazza Duca D'Aosta 4, Pescara, 65121, Italy

Hotels.com Expedia.com Venere.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 11% higher than other 3 star hotels

• Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

Great choice at the right price

This is the Best Western Hotel Duca D'Aosta although VT will not let me edit the erroneous truncated title above!
    We stayed 7 nights Sunday to Sunday over the Ferragosoto holiday in 2011. It was exceptionally good value for what we paid; about £56 the room per night. The room has a balcony and a shutter, cable TV and fridge as well as tea making. Rooms were fair sized and quiet, even though ours was next to the 2 mismatched lifts"
    Breakfast on the 2nd Floor was OK but some mornings in Ferragosot with the hotel essentially full seating impossible. Fruit, juices, yoghurt, tea ,coffee ,cereals, pastries, bread and even scrambled egg and bacon. Do expect to have to chase plates and cups and saucers when it's busy though. And getting boling water that is more thanlukewarm if you want tea is also a tall order .
    On ONE ocassion of the 7 mornings we had to grab stuff and go up to the room to take it, other than that we got by

Unique Quality: Apart from the usual one moan above, viz. Italian hoteliers do not understand the cocnept of breakfast, great value, great sleep. Helpful reception , taxis appeared no problem when we asked, house keeping was good.

Do book ahead - about 4 months I think we did - same rates on expedia or their own website, which is avialble in 8 languages.

Would be our first choice (all things being equal) for a return visit

Directions: At the foot of Corso Vittorio Emaneule, just North of the river, so just North of the clock (the municipal Tower) the main picture in my main page

• Excellent accomodation!

I had a very pleasant stay at the Best Western Hotel Duca D'Aosta. The hotel is rated 3*superior. I booked it using the Best Western web site and I must say I got a great rate for my three night stay: 107 € for the first night (which was Sunday) and 138 € for the following nights. I shared the room with my parents and continental breakfast was included. We paid an extra 13 € per day for the private car parking.
    The hotel building is ugly seen from outside but it is very nice inside, since it was fully restored in 2002. The decor is very elegant and pleasant.
    Our room, n. 509 on the 5th floor, was clean, well furnished, enough big, with a nice plasma TV. The temperature was very high and I liked it, since it was freezing outside!!
    The toilet was nice too, with many toiletries.
    Beds were extra confortable.
    But the thing I liked best was breakfast. Everything served was fresh and tasty. Croissants were freshly baked daily and delicious. Coffee and cappuccino were excellent too. The breakfast buffet was various and offered a great choice of everything.
    Staff at the reception was very kind.
    Location was great too, walking distance to both the shopping district (Corso Umberto I, shown on my main Pescara page) and Pescara Old Town.
    So, if I go back to Pescara, I would stay here again, no doubt!

Unique Quality: The hotel has only good qualities, and, as I told above, I would stay there again and again!

Some more details concerning the hotel:
    The hotel has 72 welcoming and quite rooms, 65 of which are double and 7 single. 20% of them are non smoking. All rooms are equipped with satellite tv, minibar, indipendent air conditioning and heating system, safe. There are also 5 meeting rooms. Other services available include inner garage, bar, one restaurant, room service, laundry service, fax and copying service, luggage deposit, bike rental, ...
    The hotel is 500 meters far from the beach and it offers also a beach service at summer time.

The owner of this hotel has also one more hotel in Pescara, the Best Western Plaza, which is a 4* located directly in Corso Umberto I, and which is much more expensive than the Duca D'Aosta.

Comments