Residence Eurhotel

VIALE C. MARESCA, 32, PESCARA, 65016, IT

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Pescara

Tagliata di angus con porciniTagliata di angus con porcini

Trendy Couches and RugsTrendy Couches and Rugs

Dining outsideDining outside

The street nameThe street name

Pescara - any information

by jaclynmc

Hello Everyone,

In September i will be moving to Pescara for 10 months to study as an erasmus student at the University. I would be grateful if anyone could give me any information on What Pescara's like, what it's like for students and just general information on things to do and how much things cost.

I can't seem to find any information on the internet really so starting to get slightly worried now.

Jaclyn xx

by craic

well it won't be florence or rome - that is for sure - but you might qute like it all the same

do you have some italian?

by leics

No need to worry: I'm sure you'll have a briliant time!

Quite a lot of info here:

and on these uni pages in English

I'm sure you'll quickly find loads to do: you won't be the only ineternational student there, and no doubt many meetings/events will be organised do you quickly settle in.

Italy is not particularly cheap, but food prices are fair and the quality of fresh fruit/veg in the markets/supermarkets is excellent. Make sure you eat plenty of gelati! As a rough guide, from memory, a large bottle of water in a supermarket is less than 1 euro (table wine in cartons the same).

Public gransport is cheap, so you'll be able to use the trains/buses to explore. A whole ten months in Italy: I envy you! No need to worry.......just enjoy!

by leics

I meant public transport. I have absolutely no idea what 'gransport' is! :-)

by xaver

It's a modern town on the adriatic coast.
It has a brillant night life in winter and specially in summer.It is one of the cheapest areas of Italy.
Great place for students.
Corra

by jaclynmc

I have been learning Italian for 4 years but have never had the opportunity to practice it. I am really looking forward to it, it's just all my friends are going to Bergamo, Siena, Genoa etc so nobody near me and there's not the same information out there as for their cities.
What you have all said has been amazing though, thanks for your help! I'll look at those links now.
Gransport lol but don't worry i knew what you meant. Have many of you spent much time in Pescara?
Thanks again x

by xaver

I live about 1 hour from Pescara so when I was younger it was one of the places to go the week end for discos and so on, I am not going for a while now, but as far as I heard it's still a nice place to stay.
Have a good time there.
Corra

by Egle_lituana

ciao bella,
Well you aren't alone. Me and my friend are going to Pescara for Erasmus too. We both are looking for a flat, so maybe we can join or something? mamma mia, i am so anxiuos to go there. i bet i will be fantastic
if you want to contact to me, please write to my e-mail:
mailiuke@yahoo.com
skype: kvapni
msn: mailiuke@yahoo.com

Travel Tips for Pescara

A short visit to Pescara

by Fra.da.

"Welcome to Abruzzo"

I went to Pescara because of business, and stayed there 3 nights. My parents decided to join me... They spent their time in and around Abruzzo, visiting Pescara, Chieti, Sulmona, the wild beaches and the lush countryside. I couldn’t, since I needed to attend a 8-hour-per-day seminar. I had too little time to visit Pescara, but I must say I liked what I saw. Pescara is a lively city, not too rich in art & culture (compared to many other Italian cities) but very pleasant and full of shopping outlets & fine restaurants and bars. Its people are extremely kind and cheerful… So, I think I’ll be happy to go back in the future!

"City life"

Corso Umberto I is the main lively street of Pescara. It connects the seaside & the beach to the main road, and it is for pedestrians only – cars are not allowed. There you will find loads of interesting and cheap shops and many fine bars. Very crowded on weekends and at summer season.

"Here I was"

Here is a picture of me and my mum in corso Umberto I, enjoying a nice evening in downtown Pescara

Atri

by Applelyn

"Sant' Agostino"

St. Augustine Church as its name speaks for itself. With it, St Monica's Statue was placed to remember a mother's 18years of prayer for a child's conversion. I like the wooden door and the knob that tells its age. Try knocking on it...B4 that, please do a prayer that it wont fall apart.

"St. Francis Church"

It is just amazing. Three churches within 100m. It is like a musuem of churches. I like the grotto very much.

"Dr. PePe...."

I just could not resist taking symbols. I found this very unique and it gave me a mystic feel.

"Stained Glass"

The Art of Stained Glass. This workplace belongs to a famous artist, Federico. It takes a creative mind and nimble hands to finish this art piece. He had done pieces for famous churches and regions. There are just too many nice pieces in his workplace via Colle Maralto.

"Working on Stained Glass"

First, they have to draw the design and decide on the colours. Glass is then cut according to proportion and you can be sure, it is not easy to cut neatly. Additional patterns and deisgns are then hand-drawn into the glass. Then they will put them together using metal pieces and clean it so that it shines. And then, a cuppa of latte to appreciate the art piece.

"Markets"

This market opens only on monday. It has stalls that sell a wide variety of items from clothes to household goods. Cheap but you have to compromise with the quality. Nowsadays, most of them are from China.

"Theatre"

The theatre in this village hosts plays from the region. I didnt watch one and from the poster, it seems good.

"Overseeing part of the Village"

In Abruzzo, there are many villages like this scattered all over the place. To me, it brings out the untouched beauty of Italy.

Comments