Via della Marina 19, Silvi Marina, 64029, Italy
Expedia.com Booking.com Venere.com

More about Grand Hotel Berti

Accomodations in Assisi

by jburks1

Hoping my VTers can continue to guide me with the planning of our vacation next summer. Per the suggestion of some of you, I think we will try to stop in Assisi as we travel from Venice to Rome. Do any of you know of any local accomodations that we might pursue? There will be a group of six of us, and we are looking for an apartment style place for just one night. Thanks, Johnny

Re: Accomodations in Assisi

by Beausoleil

Hi. I answered this and it didn't post so I'll try again. First, most apartments are rented by the week; some for 3 days or longer. You might have trouble finding a place for only one night.

We stayed at Hotel Berti when we were in Assisi and loved it. It's built into the city wall so the location couldn't be better. There is parking outside St. Peter's gate if the construction things are moved; if not, there is parking directly inside the gate if you request it. The hotel web site is: http://www.hotelberti.it/

If you want to try the apartment search, we've used http://www.holiday-rentals.com/World/r1.htm and been very happy with them.

Good luck. Assisi is just wonderful and the views from the town are fabulous.

Re: Accomodations in Assisi

by Maryimelda

I don't know why but I just have a gut feeling that you would be hard pressed finding an apartment in Assisi, especially if you are wanting to stay in the old Assisi high on the hill. There are a number of great little hotels up there to spend the night. I can't remember the exact name of the hotel inwhich we stayed last visit but it was less than 50 meters on the right when you come through St Peter's Gate. We were able to get three rooms there without a booking, but that sort of luck would depend on when you are planning to be there. As I recall these little hotels were not all that expensive. Remember to take a walk up to the castle around sunset and watch the sunset over the remarkable panorama that Sally referred to. Umbria is a truly beautiful region of Italy.

Comments