Laino

B&B Laino
Booking.com Expedia.com Venere.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Maratea

Lido Macarro (beach near our resort)Lido Macarro (beach near our resort)

Center of MarateaCenter of Maratea

St Mary ChapelSt Mary Chapel

Santa Maria ChapelSanta Maria Chapel

need info on area in general

by genebeans

Is there someone who is real familiar with the Maratea area. Are there restaurants in other than hotesl and is there a piazza in town with a few shops and restaurants. If not does any one know the closest decent size city near Maratea.Also is it easier to fly into Naples or Lamezia Terme in Calabria-How about the Santavenere hotel? Anyone know anything about that--Thanks for your help-Gene

RE: need info on area in general

by Paquatis

I am not familiar with Maratea -- the best information I've found so far is right here on virtual tourist. I will be going to Maratea in September, if it is not too late, i'll be glad to share info upon my return.

For me, it's a toss up as to whether to fly into Naples, Rome or wherever. I think we'll wind up flying into Rome, spend a few days there and work our way to Maratea via Naples by train and once in Maratea, planning 1-2 day trips out and about the area.

Keep me posted if you get any specific information.

Travel Tips for Maratea

Old door, windows and roses

by Jeannkelly

I just couldn't help it but to take a snap of this very antiquated part of an old building in the old center of Maratea. I pressumed this is a residential building because of how it is being kept, with the roses and all. Maratea is such an old quaint town. Yes, old but definitely not far behind the rest of the modern world. It's all complete with everything, what you can get from the big cities (I mean the amenities).

The Centro Antica of Maratea is where you can find one of the oldest street and the oldest constructions in the area wcich up to now are still in the best use of what they were intended for a long time ago.

Take for instance the little churches (there happens to be 3 in one street, pardon me for not remembering the name of the street, but I guess its the oldest street in the town center). The churches dates back to the 7th century and up to now, they are still being used as churches.

Comments