HOTEL ARCOBALENO

gaolei's Profile Photo

Not Quite 4 Star, But Good Anyway

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 12, 2010

I was going to pick up a ride on the Maersk Arun from the local container port, but it was late. The company picked out this hotel. While they claim 4 stars, it was more like 3 stars. In Italy, maybe it would rate a higher star value.
Considering the location, I would recommend this hotel. There is nothing better. The room was ok, but little things were not so good. The pillows were flat and heavy, like they were rather old. There was a jacussi in the bathroom, but one look at the knobs falling off and an open side panel, made me wonder if it would relax me or electrocute me.

The view from the deck was quite stunning. I could see a ship coming from the Straits of Massina with Sicily in the background.

Unique Quality: There is a large indoor pool and exercise area. The hotel is also used for small conventions and weddings. Food was ok.

The location on the hillside was in a residential area, so there was no place to shop or get food. The beach is about 1 Km down 4 rather steep streets. I was lucky to find a ride back from the beach, or I would still be climbing.

Directions: In the community of Palmi. My taxi had to call several times to find it.

Nearby HOTEL ARCOBALENO

3 Photos of HOTEL ARCOBALENO

View Professional Photos

Amenities at HOTEL ARCOBALENO

• Swimming Pool
  • Pets Allowed

Palmi Travel Forum

Need advice about Palmi, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Palmi and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Palmi