Stephen's Guest House

TropeaTropea

cemetery

by Jacklyn10

Hi,
My husband and I will be travelling to Reggio in Feb 09. I need to visit a cemetery which is apparently between Scido and Santa Giorgia. I believ this cemetery used to be locked and you had to get a key to go inside. I need to visit my grandparents graves there. Can anyone help me with information regarding this cemetery.

by domenicococozza

I have done the exact same thing with my ancestors where the cemetery was locked.
I contacted the Communal Offices before travelling and they agreed to give me access. I was actually accompanied by a priest who held the keys and he even said a prayer over the graves.
You should call the Ufficio Communale in Scido (Santa Giorgia is a frazione of Scido) - the phone number is +39 0966 964048. The mayor is presently Agostino Mileto but you'll probably want to speak to the Commune's secretary. I doubt if you'll find any English speaking people. Scido is a very small commune.
If you speak Italian then you'll have no problem. If not, try to find someone in your neighbourhood who does, and get them to make the call for you.

by domenicococozza

As a postscript, I seroiusly suggest you organise this by phone. The commune of Scido does have a website with an email address but they may not reply to you.
It's just the way it is in these small communities.
Good luck

by stefanodiano

hallo !! my name is Carlo Diano and I'm one of the owners of the Grand Hotel President ...in Siderno not too far from Scido...
I'm from Canada ...so if you need more information just contact me at ghpresident@gmail.com

Travel Tips for Reggio di Calabria

Find out when the local market...

by Laurina

Find out when the local market day is...most Italian towns have a market day a week. Your mouth starts to water as you meander through the food sections as you can imagine from this tempting picture...Chili peppers (peperoncini) are a staple of southern Italian food. Buon Appetito!

REGGIO DI CALABRIA

by Dophinfly

This is very strange .... I almost spent a year living there , but I quite don't know this city so much ! I think many people have this feeling : you are always curious to other places but you even don't know the city you live . Perhaps you think you have lots of time to visit your city but in fact .... no !!

Anyway , I will try to write all I knew . I wish you like this city because my page ....In fact , it is quite nice !!

Comments