via G Orlandi 4, Baia de Napoli, Anacapri, Capri, 80071, Italy

Costs 37% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Caesar Augustus Hotel

Loved the Hotel Caesar Augustus and Franco Savastano

August 2, 2004

Re: Hotel Caesar Augustus and Franco Savastano, the manager of the daily operations of this hotel

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen:

I recently reviewed three separate emails on your website that panned the Hotel Caesar Augustus, and specifically, Mr. Franco Savastano, the hotel manager.

To me, these letters are only evidence of the fact that you cannot please everyone all of the time. They should have no effect on anyone desiring to stay at the Hotel Caesar Augustus or have the pleasure of meeting Mr. Savastano. Some of these letters that I read referenced the lack of referrals to local restaurants in Capri and Anacapri. I have walked the streets of Anacapri, just 100 yards away from the Hotel Caesar Augustus, and have found dozens of restaurants whose fare is displayed for anyone to see, all very delicious and enjoyable.

I have stayed at the Hotel Caesar Augustus at least once a year (usually twice per year) every year since 1998. I have vacationed there with all of my family members, both in-laws and out-laws, and over 30 friends who helped me celebrate my 60th birthday there in 2001.

This hotel is simply one of the most beautiful places in the world, and I have been to many of those places. There is no place in the world with a better view, more helpful and kind staff or management personnel, especially including Mr. Savastano, and all with a beautiful setting.

Every time I greet Mr. Savastano, he says "Imagine," and I do; but it is hard to imagine what this hotel would be like without him. I do not ever recall arriving in that hotel or waking up at any hour of the morning when I did not find him there, speaking one of the five or six languages that he speaks fluently.

My wife Stacy and I owe to Mr. Savastano our undying love for his assistance in our marriage in Anacapri in 1998 and our subsequent wedding party at the Hotel Caesar Augustus. We look forward to going there every year forever!

Take it from someone who has been there and taken the time to get to know the people of Anacapri where the Hotel Caesar Augustus sits atop the Isle of Capri- if I had the chance to be anywhere today, I would be at the Hotel Caesar Augustus!

Thank you very much.

The Farouk Suite It. Lira 1.000.000,
Extra bed It. Lira 100.000,

SERVICE AND TAX ARE INCLUDED The new swimming pool

Honeymoon in Paradise

This is perhaps one of the best hotels in the world. We just got back from our honeymoon and a week's stay at the Caesar Augustus. It truly is a gem on the spectacular Isle of Capri. From its breathtaking cliffside location, to its warm and courteous staff, this hotel stands out as one of the best places we have ever stayed. Highly recommended!! Have Bruno reserve you a table cliffside for dinner!

Lives up to the promise (except for the restuarant)

by TripAdvisor Member gbgeebee

We came here for our 30th anniversary and made the right choice - romantic and classy. You can believe all that you see on the website about this hotel. Pay the extra for the outstanding views. The rooms and public areas are spotlessly clean and staff most helpful and friendly.

The restaurant is the weak link. Although the front tables have a fantastic sunset view, the menu (of the preprinted fixed kind for goodness sake) is uninspired. Some of the dishes simply don't work e.g. the special maindish salad (Eu16) turned out to be a side salad (Eu4) with a dollop of mayonaise and a few tiny slivers of chicken.

The included breakfast is good however.

Not a 4 star in my book.

My girlfriend and I arrived at the Beautiful Island of Capri on July 11th and stayed two nights at Caesar Augustus. We phoned the hotel upon our arrival and we received a pickup from their shuttle within 30 minutes. We received a rather cold greeting from the front desk guy Franco. He turned out to be the rudest gentleman we encountered in all of Italy.

We had an Ocean view/Pool view room 300 euro/night. Room was descent size, bathrooms was very small with the most ridiculous shower I have ever seen. The bed was awful, two very poor quality twins pushed together! The room only had drapes, terrible for keeping out the light in the morning.

Breakfast consisted of orange juice that tasted like the old tang we drank when we were kids. The fruits we old, poor quality as well.

The massage…don’t get the massage. It was 30 minutes of lubrication disaster. This lady put about 4 quarts of oil on my back, absolutely terrible!

Franco had only one recommendation for dinner, the hotel restaurant. Quick note for Franco, when you serve a second-rate breakfast people are not going to eat at your restaurant.

We would highly recommend Buca di Bacco in Capri, this was one of the best dinners we had in Italy.

To conclude, we have stayed at some of the nicest hotels in the world and this was not one of them. Beautiful views did not outweigh the poor service, and meager room quality. The level of service was the worst I experience in all of my stays in Italy.

We Loved the Cesear Augustus

My wife and I just returned from Italy and the highlight of our trip was the Caesar Augustus. The staff was very helpful. The views were incredible and the food was marvelous.

The fruit at breakfast could have been a little better, but it is a typical European spread. Keep in mind, they have just opened the restaurant so they are still new at it. In terms of the prices, they did tend to be on the pricier side, but then again, Capri is not the land of cheap eating.

We stayed in a suite. If you are staying for longer than 2 days, you might want to consider it as an option.

I would agree, this hotel has potential to be one of the best in the island. A few things have to be tweeked.
All that's missing is the day spa! I would recommend this hotel. We absolutely loved it.

Not so good....

Do yourself a favor. For the price, go down the road and check-in to the Capri Palace. It's a bit more, but it seems worth it! Yes, the views here are amazing, but the staff is rude. I concur with several of the other comments on this page; that man Franco needs to go! The hotel lacks service, good food (the restaurant is mezza-mezza), and there are not even cushions on the deck chairs at the pool. Rooms are comfortable, but who needs to be treated like a jerk when you are paying over 400 dollars a night.

A 5 star hotel in the making

I could not disagree more strongly with the people who had such negative things to say about the hotel. I stayed there recently, and the entire staff, including Franco, the Concierge (not the owner), treated me as a most welcome guest. Every request was honored in a timely and gracious fashion. Although the hotel’s bus was busy all the time, I never had to wait long to go to Capri or anywhere else I wanted to go. My suite was superb – the view was more than worth the price. I do agree that the restaurant is the only weakness at the hotel. Breakfast is ample, lunch adequate, but the dinner menu needs major revamping if the owner expects guests to dine more than once at the hotel. Bruno does a good job with what he has to offer, but serious attention needs to be paid to the menu and the quality of the food preparation. I will be returning in October and look forward to my stay at the hotel. For my money, the Caesar Augustus is far superior to the snooty Le Sirenuse!

l'isola di Capri

by fotografik

I was here in 95 with my 2 friends. I loved it there so much! The scenery was just so amazing! It was heaven for me...the blue sea..the atmosphere..the people...the weather..just about every good thing you could ever say to a place :-)
This photo was taken from the balcony at the hotel we stayed in..Hotel Caesar Augustus. It was the best place and we had an amazing view from there. It was cheap as well..35,000 lira per night. We were lucky to find such hotel without reservation. Oh yeah this was in Anacapri.

This was taken from another hotel we went to visit but I forgot the name. I thought this place was awesome!

I am pretty sure I took this photo at Capri...
colourful cabs aren't they??? but I wonder what that guy was doing...

I just remember...Capri was expensive! I had ice coffee for $10!! Yikes! but it was very good and I had a little umbrella on my glass :-)

Comments