Hotel Weber Ambassador Capri

Expedia.com Booking.com Venere.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Weber Ambassador Capri

Weber Ambassador positive (and truthful) review

I just wanted to say how terrified I was prior to my holiday in Capri. I found out all these terrible reviews of the Weber days before we set off and I even tried to cancel.
Thankfully, I didn't find another hotel available and decided to stay here anyway.
Well, what a lovely hotel, I was sooo happy when I walked into my room and everything was in perfect order, spotless and the most beautiful view you can imagine from my terrace.
The staff were lovely to me, maybe because I'm from Spain and could speak a bit of italian they made the extra effort, I dont' know..
Something I can't understand is someone here saying that there were bugs in their room. We were taking to our room by one of the receptionists and she walked in with us, if we had seen bugs running around we would have pointed it out to her immediately. I don't understand why that person didn't tell them on the spot.
Anyway, I could go on forever, but as others say, with the exception that there's no pool and no internet connection in EVERY room, as they say in their website, everything was perfect. I would go back there any time and will certainly recommend it to all my friends. I think it's a bargain of a hotel and wouldn't have exchanged it for any of the 5 star ones in the middle of Capri town.
Thanks
Beatriz.

I had a really bad experience.

I'll keep it simple, the staff was rude to me and my wife on several occassions (upon check-in, check-out and at breakfast). They seemed upset that we were there. When I checked into my room, the bed was made but the bathroom had not been cleaned. I requested that it get squared away but it took several hours for someone to come up and clean it.

I was never comfortable here and suggest you don't stay there. *I also found the pictures on the website to be very deceiving.

Couldn't have been better!!

WOW! What a locaton. Hotel Weber was deffinitely the best spot on the island - peaceful and the most beautiful views. We stayed here in April 04 and had booked in for 2 nights we decided to stay for a 3rd! We had a Superior room which had a balconly and at the end of the day it was great to go back to a nice room and sit on the balcony with a couple of vino's and relax and enjoy the view. The services provided were fantastic - shuttle service to and from Capri centre at all hours was wonderful, and we found all the staff to be extrememly friendly and made us feel more than welcome! (thanks to Bruno for the italian lessons too!) I don't have a bad word to say - I have recommended Hotel Weber to a friend who is going in a month, and we will deffinitely be back to Hotel Weber on our next trip. As for those comments on not having a pool - I can't believe this is the biggest issue you have!!! Who needs a pool when you are in the location that Hotel Weber is in - look around and take in the beautiful scenery and the ocean just below!! WE LOVED IT - THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR MAKING OUR TRIP SO WONDERFUL!

Roach Motel!

I took my wife and young son to stay at this hotel after looking at the website, and I was horrified with all the bugs in the room. In every corner there were large black bugs and the bathroom was full of smaller centipede like creatures. Bugs don't usually bother me, but this was ridiculous. Of course I tried to work with the front desk, but they were sold out so I could not switch rooms. On another note, the beach that the hotel is near had a lot of garbage on it as well as in the water. I would never stay at this hotel again.

House of Horrors!!

My mom stayed here while on vacation in Southern Italy, it seemed like a good deal and looked nice from the outside. I expected a modest and clean alternative to the higher priced places on Capri, to our dismay it was disgusting. There was no bellman to help with luggage or even open the door. The furniture is old and bad. The whole place is dirty and scary. After a night of unrest we switched her to a hotel in the downtown area, it was a lot nicer for the same price. This place is not at all what is advertised on their website or what it looks to be on the outside. Once you get in it is much more like a dungeon than an a nice Tourist spot. *One more thing; the highly touted shuttle service is a farce. We could never seem to get on it without waiting a 1/2 hour and they were not too happy to be taking us around. Rude, rude, and rude.

The staff needs improvement, but the hotel is nice !

It is true that the staff needs improvement, they are not rude, however, they aren't overly friendly or forth-coming with information. This is where the hotel lacked... in their staff.

However, .... the hotel is nice and the views are amazing. I would suggest a room with an ocean view. What a sight.
I have read others reviews from the hotel being dirty, to old furniture and the driver never showing up--these bothered me because not one of these comments were true for us! Yes, you do have to wait for the driver as there is only one of him, but never a half hour! And the room was very clean, spacious and everything worked. (The towels were scratchy and hard but that the only negative regarding the inside of the room). I find it hard to believe our room was so great and these other people's rooms were so terrible. ?? It really does make me question the integrity of some of these reviews. I have to imagine they are gross exagerations. I know the comments on it being dirty and the driver never showing up - are total non truths!!!!

Something that bothered me was that there is no pool! Not that I had intentions of going to Capri and swimming in a pool when the Mediter. Sea is right outside my door, however, they do show a pool on their website. And that really is false advertising and it's really shameful on part of the hotel.
But the 9.50 Euro it costs to rent a chair down at the beautiful beach is well worth it, as we heard some places are 40.00Euro. And this beach really is the nicest!

I would recommend the colorful eatry on their beach called ?? something with an M. They have great food, fruit and summer drinks - and great prices!!! But stay away from the resturant with the old man with the harsh voice up by the bus stop! The food was horrible and he doctors up the bill!

If this hotel had a better staff who offered information to their guests on what to do in Capri etc.., then this hotel would be top shelf. The hotel really is nice with amazing views and for the price, let's face it - the best you'll do in Capri.
I would definately recommend this hotel, but go into it knowing there is no pool, the staff will offer ONLY what you ask of them and by all means, spend the few extra bucks and get yourself a room with a view!

Wonderful experience at the Weber

by TripAdvisor Member suzidoucha

We spent two nights at the Hotel Weber and found it beautiful and spacious and we had one of the most magnificent views on earth from our spacious balcony. We had a deluxe or superior room facing the beach and the faraglioni rocks. It was spectacular. I don't understand the negative reviews at all and totally have a different perspective about our experience at the Weber. I also want to praise Bruno, the driver. He met us at the ferry 5 minutes after we disembarked and was very excited when he found out we live in Miami. He was most helpful and friendly and really made us feel wanted and appreciated. Cheers for Bruno. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I would recommend getting a superior or deluxe ( I don't remember which we had) room but it was one of the best.

Did not care for the hotel at all

If you monitor these reviews, every time someone writes a negative review it is followed by two positive ones within a week or two. It's like clockwork Each of the positive reviewers tries to discount the negative review. My guess is that the hotel is setting this up in order to protect themselves from the truth.
You would have to be crazy to stay at this hotel. When I spend money at a hotel I want to be able to check in on time, especially after a long trip. When I got to the hotel they indicated my room was not ready and would not be until 6 in the evening. An hour late is one thing, but 6 o'clock is unacceptable. They acted like it was no big deal and told me I could always go wait at the beach. I would not have been too comfortable at the beach as I was not dressed properly and the hotel did not have a room for me to change in. I never felt comfortable here and felt like the staff had no interest in my comfort throughout the stay. I would never stay here again and certainly would not recommend it. *Also, like everyone indicated, the website is as deceptive as it could possibly be. I am shocked that they have not changed it.

Terrible atmosphere!!

Beside the view and the location, there is nothing nice or pleasant about this hotel. The rooms smell moldy, the staff is unpleasant and condescending, and I felt like they were doing me a favor by letting me stay there!! I decided to ignore most of the negative reviews, and frankly, the price of this hotel made me choose to stay there. However, I hated it, and I do not recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

Isola de Capri - Bellisima!

by JoanieC

"Overview of the Island"

The island of Capri is broken down into several small towns, Capri town, Anacapri, Marina Grande and Marina Piccolo. We stayed at a great hotel, the Weber Ambassador, in Marina Piccolo. They have a complimentary shuttle van that runs from Capri town to the hotel every 15 mins. Staying there gets you off the beaten track of daily tourists and gives the view of the Faraglioni rocks, the famous landmark of Capri.

"The Faraglioni"

The rocks are named from the word meaning lighthouse or sentinel. Poking up out of the deep blue Mediterrean, they are a sight to see. We ate lunch at a great restaurant overlooking the rocks which really gave you an idea of their size. We also took a boat ride around the island and went through the rocks!!

"Sunsets!!!!"

The sunsets on Capri are fantastic. The island falls into a pink shadow. Really breathtaking.

Hotel Weber Ambassador in Marina PiccoloHotel Weber Ambassador in Marina Piccolo

Weber Hotel Capri

by MissyMead1

Hello all. I am planning on staying at the Hotel Weber Ambassador ****
Via Marina Piccola - Capri - Italy.... anyone ever stayed there? Let me know how it was.. it looks beautiful and the few email correspondences I've had with them were pleasant. Can anyone give me any more info about them??
Thanks a bunch,

Missy

Capri Hotel

by cantn

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a hotel (moderately priced) in Capri? We looked up the Hotel Weber Ambassador - but saw that it got some great reviews and some horrible reviews. Any suggestions?

Re: Capri Hotel

by Geisha_Girl

Hi,

My friends and I were there during September and managed to book a room at the Hotel Regina Cristina:

Via F. Serena, 20
80073 - Capri (NA)
Tel.: (+39) 081 8370744

It was in a fantastic location........within walking distance of all the major activity on Capri.

I don't remember exactly the total cost we paid, but I do remember it being moderately priced compared to some of the other hotels in that area.

The price included breakfast as well........and there was a lovely pool area.

Perhaps if you email them at

reginacristina@iwind.it

they can give you a good price quote.

Enjoy!

G_G

Re: Capri Hotel

by mariocibelli

www.capri.net

RE: RE: Capri Hotel

by mjmaniezzo

"my family has used the CETROSELLA in Via Tragara for years. The best listing of properties in Capri can be found at"

I tried the www.Capri.net but could not find this hotel. My google search also found nothing do you have a web link?

RE: RE: Capri Hotel

by mariocibelli

It wason the site under three stars - La Certosella - I spelled it worng... Rene

Comments