Isola d' Ischia Hotels

Our Members Say

• Maurizioago profile photo Maurizioago
  • Reviews: 772

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Park Hotel Calitto.: A decent accomodation not far from Forio.

I booked a single room at hotel Calitto. I had a nice room with bathroom en suite and a large balcony.

This hotel has a couple of communal areas; one is near the lobby and another just outside the dining room.

I have to say this hotel is a kind of pension, because the breakfast was very basic; consisting of bread, jam, butter and cereals; a pastry and a hot drink. The dinner (I booked half board) wasn' t buffet style and you had to choose between two menus the day before.

There are two swimming pools in the garden of this hotel.

The personnel and the proprietors were very kind.

There is a supermarket, a bakery and two bus stops near the hotel.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Singles, Family Travel
  • Written August 21, 2013

• showe1966 profile photo showe1966
  • Reviews: 15

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

hotel mediterranea: good hotel on ischia

typical hotel for ischia.
has thermal baths and appartments in a extensive park garden.
includes various thermal baths, a standard non-heated pool and an indoor heated pool.
full of the german "blue-rinse" mob.

it's clean.
park is well kept.
staff are generally welcoming.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Spa and Resort, Seniors
  • Written November 4, 2007

• snakebrain profile photo snakebrain
  • Reviews: 4

Albergo Il Monastero: Albergo Il Monastero

The only place to stay in Ischia. It's tucked away in a quiet corner of the Castello Aragonese. It has the most astounding views, especially at sunset. The rooms are ok, clean and functional. But it's all about the setting.

And you get a set of keys to the castle to keep for the duration of your stay.

The building is sensational; an old convent in the castle which mostly dates from the twelth century onwards.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written August 22, 2007

• petrkar profile photo petrkar
  • Reviews: 4

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

L'Approdo: Worth to consider

We stayed in hotel L'Approdo twice (2001&2002), consequently this report is not "fresh" enough...
By our opininon the price/service ratio was very reasonable for this facility. Rather small, family owned and homy touching. Nice terrace pool, beautiful view over the sea, standard to fine meals. Pleasant touch of oldfashioned gentility of staff.
Beaches are the major problem all over the Ischia island: all of them (even the most meagres) are tolled; the best places are hidden within several famous and expensive "thermal parks".

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Seniors, Budget Travel
  • Written July 26, 2005

• Jetgirly profile photo Jetgirly
  • Reviews: 1226

Ring Hostel: Relaxed, Casual Hostel Environment

I stayed at Ring Hostel on Ischia for three nights. It is located in Forio, about thirty minutes by shuttle bus from the town of Ischia. Check-in is at the connected hotel, which is up an extremely large hill with no bus service. Groups of two of more travellers can be picked up at the Forio port, but single travellers are expected to trudge up the big, unshaded hill (about three kilometers). You will check in at the hotel and then be driven to the hostel, which is located in an apartment-style building in the center of Forio.

Rooms contain a mix of bunk beds and double beds, you may find yourself alone in a double bed one night, then the next night staff will convert the double bed into a single (and you will be seperated by the person sleeping next to you by only a few inches). There are full kitchen facilities in the apartments, but too few bathrooms in my opinion (we shared one bathroom with eight people). I did not feel that the hostel was very secure, as the front door was usually left open and many hostel-goers didn't lock the doors to the individual apartments. We had problems with electricity and plumbing, but both were quickly resolved.

The staff at the hostel are very friendly- three brothers in their twenties who flirt with every girl who checks in. If you're pretty they may ask you out for a midnight ride on their motorcycles... before you say yes remember that I heard one brother try his luck with three different girls one night! Dinner is optional and the price and menu left unsaid... I am a vegetarian and was surprised to find that they billed me €20 per dinner for pasta, green salad and wine! You can eat much cheaper in town.

The staff were really friendly (if a bit cheesy), and they worked really hard to make sure you enjoyed your stay. There is no lock out and no curfew, so if you are looking for a really casual place to spend a few nights, I would recommend Ring Hostel.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written June 17, 2005

• EllenH profile photo EllenH
  • Reviews: 181

Torre Sant'Angelo: The best views ever

We stayed here for 3 nights in early November. They were closing for the season at the end of our 3 nights. Turns out we were the only guests in a fairly large hotel. Dinner was included so for 3 nights they cooked exquisite dinners just for us. Talk about feeling special. They were wonderful people, it was a family run operation.

It was late in the season and they have thermal pools but the weather was cold and windy and it was unfortunately too cold for the pools. They are a 5 minute walk from the famous Bay of Sorgeto, where you are supposed to be able to swim all year long in the sea because of the thermal vents. The day we were there the sea was very stormy and wild and I would not have gotten in it if my life depended on it. (I guess it did in a way)

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches
  • Written November 20, 2004
Tip Photo

our view from the dining room

• Tarbela profile photo Tarbela
  • Reviews: 3

CASALORA Bed & Breakfast: Something different

Just at the feet of Epomeo volcano. The garden is beautiful and we enjoyed a lot on the terrace, during sunset with view on the bay below. The owner is an old charming lady who is helped during the summer season by her daughter, who lives in Milan.
It is a quiet and well furnished place and every room is different. If you stay there you can also have dinner on request. Vegetables and fruits are from the house's garden.

In CasaLora there is a private turkish bath, the sping of hot water comes out directly from the volcano's heart. It is an old family farmhouse transformed in bed & breakfast. There are 6 double rooms. If you want they can provide a boat trip for minimum 2 pax up to 10, this service is not included on the room rate.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Wine Tasting, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, National/State Park
  • Written June 16, 2004

The Bed & Breakfast

• EllenH profile photo EllenH
  • Reviews: 181

Hotel Terme Galidon: great place in forio

extremely friendly staff, probably the prettiest hotel i have ever stayed in, marble everywhere, beautiful lobby and bar and hot pool, green lush vegetation everywhere. bus stop right at the driveway was very convenient. not too expensive.

the thermal waters need no explanation.....heaven

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Beaches, Spa and Resort, Adventure Travel
  • Written June 12, 2004

• Sarita76 profile photo Sarita76
  • Reviews: 296

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Maremonti: The dependance :-)

To be honest, I stayed at the Hotel Maremonti in August 2001, so maybe now the situation is different... Who knows?
The hotel wasn't too bad but I have to say we stayed in a kind of dependance, just in front of the hotel. So, the place was quite new and nice, except for the fact that it was located on a steep slope! The only thing I remember is that I had nightmares about going back to our room at night... How could I face the steep slope when I was so tired? :))) Ok, ok... I confess I'm lazy!!! But it was very very steep!!!

• Opinion of Price: N/A