Via Costantinopoli 27, Naples, Campania, 80138, Italy

Costs 51% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Naples

Baroque detailsBaroque details

San Pietro a Majella - May 09San Pietro a Majella - May 09

Naples from the dock areaNaples from the dock area

Centro Storico as seen from VomeroCentro Storico as seen from Vomero

Best Location for My Naples Itinerary

by m8trixdg

Hi All,
My wife and I will be in Naples area for 3 days traveling down from Todi. We would really like to see Sorrento/Amalfi Coast and also the Isle of Capri. Where do you recommend we stay? In Naples? If so where?
Otherwise what area outside of Naples would work.

We are hoping to use the train to get to Naples from Todi and also to get to Rome for a Flight Out.

Thanks for all your help.
Brad

by Redang

I stayed at this hotel http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/8d30e/23f84/3/, and I think the area is ok

by Maryimelda

The best base in my opinion is Sorrento. From here you can easily do day trips to all the places you mention. If you really want to stay in Naples, then I can recommend the Hotel Albergo Golfo which is a moderate walk to the port. The rooms are large and beautifully refurbished, tariff is reasonable and breakfast is included (although it is not the best breakfast I have ever had).

by hawkhead

I, too, suggest Sorrento.

by m8trixdg

How do you recommend I get from Todi to Sorrento? and then from Sorrento to Rome for a same day flight?

Is there a highspeed train?

Another vote for Sorrento

by goodfish

I'm guessing you would take the Circumvesuviana train from Sorrento to Naples, and then another train from Naples to Termini in Rome. Then you need to take the Leonardo Express from Termini to the airport. VT'ers - anyone know of a better way?

This will be an issue if you have to leave very early in the morning to catch that flight. We had to hire a van to take us to Naples from Sorrento (flew from there to Rome, and then to Amsterdam, then to the US) as the first train from Sorrento didn't run early enough and had to be in Naples by 5:30 AM. If you have a morning flight out of Rome, I'd strongly suggest staying in Rome the night before.

by steve-carol

The whole area of the Amalfi Coast is spectacularly beautiful. I can't give you a place to stay in Sorrento, because I've never stayed there. We spent a week in Vico Equense, which is near Sorrento. If you go in the summer and want to stay by the ocean, then I agree Sorrento is the place to stay. I can tell you about a wonderful place in Napoli directly across the street from a dock where you catch the hydrofoils to Capri. The hotel is run by Italians who don't speak any English, so it might be a little difficult if you don't know any Italian. I'm trying to find the name and will reply back when I do.

In the meantime, when you do get to Capri, don't forget Anacapri as well.

by Maurizioago

Bookmar.

by hawkhead

I can recommend the Hotel Mignon Meublé in Sorrento - see my Sorrento travel pages.

We liked this one:

Travel Tips for Naples

when visiting pompeii, it's...

by jellicoe

when visiting pompeii, it's advisable to get a guide who will talk you through the streets, alleys, every dent and hole in pompeii. we had a great guide (in picture), a local guy named vitto and it was really wonderful listening to him speak of pompeii because you could sense the love of the city in him. plus, his italian accented english was delightful. vitto, our guide going 'senor, senorita, bambino bambini' to get our attention, while trudging along the ruins of pompeii

or...

vitto going 'this is a basilica. BA-SI-LI-CA!' i thought that was pretty cool. every now and then i'd tell my husband, 'this is a basilica. BA-SI-LI-CA!!!'

National Sport

by rsleisk

In a country that is topographically shaped like a leg kicking a soccer ball (mainland Italy with Sicily) it's no wonder that soccer reigns supreme here.

I would see pickup games everywhere when I was here. Between buildings on cobblestone streets or on clay courts like this one in Giardini Pubblici.

Games are on every TV station, in restaurants and bars. Taxi drivers are blarring the game as they zip you around the tiny backalley streets. I would have loved to have caught a match live. I've never been to Brazil, but I would say if you like soccer then Italy is the place to be.

Road Contruction is definately an issue

by sargentjeff

Whether or not any of the roads get better or not isn't the issue. What is a fact is that there always seems to be construction going on in the worst of places. This area is right in central Napoli, and causes big delays and detours. So, don't think that because you've mastered your map that things will go as planned. There will always be something to surprise you.

Castel dell'Ovo

by Santini738

Castel dell'Ovo (Italian: "Egg Castle") is a castle in the Italian city of Naples. The edifice is located on a small island, the Megarides, where colonists from Cumae founded the original nucleus of the city in the 6th century BCE. In the 1st century CE the Roman patrician Lucius Licinius Lucullus built a magnificent villa on the site. Fortified by Valentinian III in the early 5th century, it was the place where the last western Roman emperor, Romulus Augustulus, was exiled in by Odoacer in 476. Eugippius founded a monastery on the site after 492.

The castle is connected by a small causeway that is a popular place for newlyweds to have their wedding photos taken. The causeway is over 100 metres long. The castle is rectangular in shape (approximately 200 by 45 metres at its widest) and has a high angular bastion that overlooks the causeway. Inside the walls are several buildings that are often used for exhibitions and other special events. Behind the castle is a long promontory which was probably used as a docking area. A large round tower sits outside the castle walls to the southeast.

Castle Nuovo

by rsleisk

Castel Nuovo (Italian: "New Castle"), often called Maschio Angioino, was began in 1279 and finished in 1282 and remained uninhabited until 1285, when Charles died and was succeeded by his son, Charles II. Castel Nuovo became soon the nucleus of the historical center of the city, and was often the site of famous events.

Comments