Tiberio Palace Hotel

Costs 48% less but rated 25% lower than other 4 star hotels

More about Naples

Scilian Pizza.Scilian Pizza.

The painted Gothic porticoThe painted Gothic portico

Caserta Reggia - view from the top of the gardensCaserta Reggia - view from the top of the gardens

Piazza Garibaldi (Naples, Italy)Piazza Garibaldi (Naples, Italy)

Looking for Naples advice for solo female traveler

by NYer33

Hi, I'm a woman traveling solo in Naples in April for a few days and I was wondering the following:

--what are the safe areas of the city to get a hotel? I'd like to be safe but also don't want to spend more than $125 U.S./night

--are hotels in Italy willing to store your luggage for you during the day after checkout? If not, is there a place at the airport to store luggage? I have a flight out later in the day and don't want to spend the whole day at the airport waiting and would instead like to leave my bag somewhere.

--are there areas of the city to avoid, even during the day?

--I've heard lots of talk about women carrying purses being targets for thieves speeding by on mopeds, but what about carrying a day backpack? Would it be safer or make me stand out as more of a tourist and therefore more of a target?

--what's the weather like in April in Naples?

--any recommendations for places with the best pizza and sfogliatelle!

Re: Looking for Naples advice for solo female traveler

by Redang

Well, normally, hotels keep your stuff after check out. Regarding the weather, www.accuweather. Safe, well, use you common sense and I think Naples is not as dangerous as we really think before arrival and some people told me that Garibaldi square (where the railway station is), is not as dangerous as it used to be a few years ago. I asked this question when I was planning my visit.

Re: Looking for Naples advice for solo female traveler

by thegirlfromnewy

My own personal opinion, if it was me going, is that I wouldnt go to Naples. I travelled Italy last yr with a female friend and we had no problems in any other cities but I found naples very unsettling and I did not feel safe there. Please be safe!!

Travel Tips for Naples

Toxic trash burned in Naples and Caserta

by Barbarasara

Help us, tourists.
Don’t come in Naples !
Summer 2009 : All days and all nights Camorra BURNS TOXIC TRASH in country between Naples and Caserta.
The air is unbreathable and food is poisoned.
Our children die for cancer !
If tourists don’t come in Naples, maybe somebody will make something.
Help us…………. don’t come in Naples and Caserta……

www.laterradeifuochi.it Help us, tourists.
Don’t come in Naples !
The air is unbreathable and food is poisoned.
Our children die for cancer !
If tourists don’t come in Naples, maybe somebody will make something.
Help us…………. don’t come in Naples and Caserta……

www.laterradeifuochi.it

THE CAMORRA: Though less well...

by flyingkiwi

THE CAMORRA: Though less well known than the Sicilian Mafia, the Camorra are far more than just a persistent local rumour. You're unlikely to witness the Camorra first-hand as a tourist - a street vendor selling contraband cigarettes is all you're likely to see - yet behind the scenes the organisation continues to blight the economic and social life of the city.

A moped is obligatory in...

by caprice4u2

A moped is obligatory in Naples.......
and to some...a friend :-)

From Napoli to Ischai.........

From Napoli Centrale station you can go to Piazza Municipio by bus, then you can reach Molo Beverello by walking (300 mt.).
From Napoli Mergellina station you can reach Mergellina port by walking (500 mt.).

Walking around Naples

by guell

Naples has almost no open spaces or parks, but it does have lively streets and a few gallerias. We found that walking around Naples was the best way to really experience the essence of the city. While staying wary of the Vespas, we managed to find Via Toledo where the whole city seems to be out for the passeggiata, showing off their clothes and openly examining all the passers-by.

The Galleria in the picture is located at the southern end of Via Toledo.

Some more city squares

by toonsarah

We really enjoyed exploring, and sometimes relaxing in, the many piazzas of the Centro Storico. For instance we had a relaxing Sunday morning cappuccino in the Piazza San Domenica Maggiore, a great place for people watching. The large obelisk (known as a guglia) in the centre of the square commemorates a terrible plague in 1656, which killed half the population of the city. It was funded by the Dominicans, with contributions from the citizens. The Baroque monument is adorned with medallions of male and female saints of their Order, and at the very top stands a bronze statue of Saint Dominic.

In the 13th century Saint Thomas Aquinas lived and taught in the convent attached to the church of San Domenica Maggiore, on the north side of the piazza.

My other photo is of another of Naples’ three guglia, which are highly decorated obelisks intended to outshine those of Rome. This one is in the Piazza Gesù Nuovo, on the western fringes of the Centro Storico, and commemorates the Immaculate Conception.

Comments