You asked for feedback; well here goes:
The hotel was excellent. Sharon and I are professional travelers, with over 30 year’s of domestic and international travel. I put this place on the top of the list for four reasons:
• The staff was outstanding. Never did we feel as though we were a bunch of tourists, whose presence was being tolerated; we were guests with whom the staff enjoyed interacting. The owner is a constant presence at the front desk, and his sons are always at his side. They facilitated our side trips and always had our well-being in mind.
• The room was immaculate, replete with a terrace, which had a table and lounge chairs. The views were, as you’d expect, wonderful.
• The food, both on the lunch veranda and in the restaurant, was excellent. Indeed, the food in the restaurant proved to be the best of all the restaurants that we tried in Positano, and at the most reasonable price, relatively speaking.
• The buffalo mozzarella was the best and purist that we had had on our trip, which included Capri. I must add that Sylvia and her colleagues in the kitchen were all set to send us off the mozzarella factory, once they discovered our interest in this cheese, which is a local wonder.
I’d like to thank everyone at Hotel Eden Roc for a wonderful stay.
Sharon and Steven Bloom
Steven P. Bloom & Company, Inc.
146 Umpawaug Rd.
W. Redding, CT 06896
Just got back from our honeymoon tour of Italy and in Positano we stayed at the wonderful Eden Roc. Located just at the top of the hill leading to the main shopping area and 1 minute from the bus stop (very handy if you are thinking of visiting Amalfi or Sorrento), this hotel is superb. Professional, smart but with a personal touch (fresh flowers in the room, a chocolate on your bedside cabinet..). You were always greated with a smile and a friendly hello. The food is first class, particularly the fish. We dined both at lunch (outdoor area by the rooftop pool) and in the restaurant and the food was delicious as was breakfast which had the biggest amount of cakes on display we had ever seen for a hotel breakfast. Faultless.
My wife and I spent our 10th wedding anniversary here and were in room 327, a junior site with a large balcony. In summary
- very welcoming and friendly staff
- clean rooms with an up to date bathroom
- a manageable walk down to the hub of the resort by the beach albeit you have to be quite fit to come back up again! I believe there is a bus but we never managed to catch one
- superb view over the Bay
- small rooftop swimming pool which was clean albeit at times busy!
- for transfer back to Naples, leave plenty of time as the number of coaches coming along the narrow mountain roads caused plenty of queues
- breakfast eaten on the balcony via room service at a modest extra cost was plain but tasty and good quality
- hotel restaurant - good service, food was ok but I believe other restaurants might have an edge. However, we had no complaints and the grilled fresh fish was excellent.
-When they say they have a "wine tasting" at 5pm - it is not what Brits call a wine tasting, but just an encouragement to buy glasses of wine: a cultural difference, not a negative. Sommelier was knowledgable on local wines which were quite drinkable, especially the whites.
All in all a better location from a panorama point of view than some of the more famous hotels.
A True Delightful Vacation
We've just returned from a 4 night stay at the Eden Roc and we can only say this is a wonderful and charming place to explore not only the nice Positano but the rest of the Amalfi cost and Capri. We had a comfortable and large Junior Suite, well decorated and with a very nice bathroom (including Shower/ Jacuzzi!). It was located at the 4th floor and views from the balcony were extraordinary. It is so close to Positano's center and the Beach/ Port that we never used the nearby Bus service. We liked the location as it granted wonderful sea views and more tranquility. As other reviewers have stated before, the Staff is so nice and friendly that you feel at home. They're always ready to help you planning excursions or arranging reservations... Ah! The Breakfast Buffet had the largest selection of cakes of any Hotels we've ever stayed on before. We clearly liked the town (Positano) over others (even the crowded Capri) and the Hotel has an unbeatable relationship quality/price. We recommend it too to European visitors... go visit the Amalfi Cost!
Outstanding Hotel and Child Friendly
Great views, beautiful rooms, friendly staff, terrific food and overall a very immaculate hotel. My wife and I consider it to have had the best breakfast of our several european experiences. The front desk was helpful with all recommendations, and even coordinated a boat rental in the bay (great fun!!!). The suite comfortably hosted my wife and two children (ages 7 & 5) and enabled modest privacy so we didn't need to go to sleep when the children did. A large bathroom with a jacuzzi tub was also a nice treat. Positano is great for families and the Eden Roc Hotel is a SUPERB place to stay.
Very happy with the Eden Roc.
Certainly an above average 4 star.
My family of four spent three nights at Eden Roc. We had both a junior suite (326) and the Deluxe suite (329). I can recommend the hotel highly. We booked by phone and confirmed our bookings via email. Every aspect of our booking details were correct and the friendly staff looked after us very well. The breakfast staff were especially pleasant.
The rooms were great - clean and very spacious spacious - and the views were stunning. The walk down to the town centre (and back !) was not nearly as difficult as we had expected. In all, a great stay. Thank you Eden Roc !!
We went for 3 nights for our 10th aniversary and where very disappointed with the small plastic bathroom and very small superior room which was supposed to be able to sleep 4 but only if you know 2 friends who are 3 foot or under! We complained and were told we had a nice terrace. True but not what we wanted. The staff were friendly but failed to do anything you asked, turn the air conditioning up as the room was too cold at night, tell us how to make the plastic jacuzzi work!
The restaurant was over priced and mediocre for evening meals, though breakfast was fine.
All in all a very disappointing stay in a lovely part of the world.