Via Cristoforo Colombo 36, Positano, Amalfi Coast, 84017, Italy
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Positano

Building in the middleBuilding in the middle

Another further southAnother further south

Looks fishy to meLooks fishy to me

Road view 4Road view 4

Where can I leave my bags in Pompeii?

by paulapdm

My husband and I want to stop at Pompeii on our way to Positano, do you know if there are lockers in Pompeii where we can leave our luggage? And do buses run all through out the day? How long does it take to visit the ruins?

by bartw

Hello,

There is a free left luggage office at the entrance of the site.

Which buses are you talking about exactly ? The easiest way to get to Pompeii is by the Circumvesuviana train (station Pompei Scavi)

Regards,
Bart W

by hawkhead

You would probably do better to take the Circumvesuviana train to Pompeii Scavi. then when you have finished with the site, continue on to Sorrento by Circumvensuviana and then take the bus to Positano. This leaves from outside the station at Sorrento, just across the small square/garden. It is a SITA bus and the time table can be found on the SITA website.
As to how long it takes to visit the ruins - how long is a piece of string!! It all depends on your level of interest and on your stamina. The leaflet you are given when you buy the audio guide has several audio guide tours, ranging from 2 hours to over 7.

by K_V_B

How long does it take to visit the ruins? I'd say at least a whole day. The whole site is huge, and there is so much to see.

Travel Tips for Positano

Positano Style

by sandysmith

Square, white and pink Moorish-style houses set in luxurious gardens, descending in steep steps down the mountain side to the bay and dominated by the splendid dome covered in polychrome majolica of the church of S. Maria Assunta. Off-shore are the Galli Islands, legendary home of sirens who lured sailors to their doom.

Clean ups

by sandysmith

If you hike to Positano along the Senterio Degli Dei then bring plenty of wet ones to clean the backs of your legs! The trail can be rather dusty - just look at the state of my legs!
Just imagine going into one of those designer shops like this to try some clothes on....I don't think so!!

Past halfway

by iandsmith

Dramatic cliffs pass by, shaped by weather sculpted by water. Numerous grottos come and go but in this land there's always one nearby (pic 3).
The sea is always there and the Amalfi Coast road is glimpsed now and then (opening pic) and I pass a few well sited picnic tables before taking time out (pic 5) at one and soaking up the view for a time.
It was all so sublime and I was all alone for a while until I looked above and saw another bunch of walkers on high. Though I waved they failed to acknowledge me so I packed up and moved on.
Soon the scenery did something impressive, it got better.

great grilled meats, amazing view!

by stuartb about Il Tartagliata

The restaurant has a free van service which picks up its diners in front of the pharmacy in Positano and delivers you high up iinto the town of Monte Pertuso about twenty minutes away. Views from the restaurant are amazing. Our wonderful young host/server Peppino was the owner/chef's son. When he heard we were sent there by an old friend, he literally grabbed the menu's from our hands and proceeded to deliver to us pitchers filled with delicious local red and white wines, his own personally designed menu of huge platters filled with delicious appetizers, then all different samplings of pastas, then a huge platter filled with assorted grilled meats and fish, then a wonderful platter of deserts, then an after dinner appertif. All in all a terrific and highly romantic feast for the senses! The assortments of pastas, grilled meats and fish were both interestingly prepared and delicious.

Best custom-made sandwiches ever

by londonlover about Delikatessen

Stop here for custom-made sandwiches, with plenty of fresh options to choose at the deli counter, packed onto delicious fresh bread. They also have a small market full of local produce and pre-packaged Italian specialties. Plenty of English spoken here! Sandwich with fresh mozzarella, sundried tomato, and eggplant -- wow! Take it down to the beach and eat it sitting on the cement border overlooking the harbor. Can't be beat.

Comments