Via Rampa Teglia, 4, Positano, Amalfi Coast, 84017, Italy

Booking.com Hotels.com Venere.com

Costs 24% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Best hotel I have ever stayed at

This was by far, one of the most incredible hotels i have ever stayed at. The team at Buca di Bacco are absolutely amazing! Helpful and friendly in every way. The quality of the rooms and the view (from the ocean view rooms) is amazing. It is a little pricey, but you MORE than get your moneys worth. If you are going to splurge, make sure you do it in Positano, and more specifically, at Buca di Bacco!

Directions: Right on the Beachfront!

• Too Expensive Tourist trap food

Ok, in all areas of the world there are tourist traps however in Italy getting a good meal is a no brainer. Hotel Buca di Baco is a big tourist trap. The food is overpriced and the quality is less than you can imagine. The rooms, well for the price you can certainly stay in a better part of town, paying less and not having all that noise all the time-nightclubs, beach goers, party kids on the beach at night. Although the staff was ok, they do not know what they are doing and the pasta was the worst ever. Go to another place that is not so commericial.

Directions: On the beach

• ciaoroxy's Profile Photo

Buca do Bacco Hotel in Positano

Buca Di Bacco is a wonderful hotel located just above the beach. It's in a bustling area of town.. there's a string of great restaurants on the beach AND a superior restaurant in the hotel itself. The best part is: when you return to your room, it is air conditioned, quiet, with a wonderful view of the sea!

It's the best of both worlds...action and quiet.

The staff is very accomodationg and will arrange tickets to the train to Naples (where you can get to rome, etc.), set up your car to get to the train station...whatever you need.

Unique Quality: The views are beautiful!

• imlikeabird's Profile Photo

Get an ocean view

The hotel was beautiful, roomy, and absolutely immaculate. We had a breathtaking view of the ocean from our balcony. I would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat. The restaurant was good, although we found better restaurants in Positano. We had to leave early one morning before breakfast was available and they brought breakfast to our room and arranged it on our balcony.

Unique Quality: One thing I remember specifically about Positano are all the lemon trees. They must use lemon to clean the hotels, because our room had a clean lemony scent to it.

The best part, hands down, was the view of the ocean and the town from our balcony.

Directions: You have to hire someone to take your bags on a cart because drivers can't get there. Take the main road down to the ocean.

• Hotel By the Beach

I actually did not stay here but did eat at there restaurant and have heard alot of good things about this hotel so I thought I would put it on here. It is at the bottom of Positano by the beach and it is near all the restaurants and stuff that stay open the latest. We would go on the patio at night and have a drink of wine and listen to the ocean and just chill. I will add Positano is all about the views and scince this hotel is down at the bottom you wouldnt get quite the beauty from your room as somewhere else.

More about Hotel Buca di Bacco

Disappointed in the Buca

I was very much looking forward to my stay in
Positano and at Buca di Baco. Both were disappointing! Positano is pretty to look at, but nothing more than a tourist town filled with ugly clothing shops, hotels, and for the most part mediocre restaurants. We had one of the superior rooms at Buca di Baco. The bathroom was not large enough for my husband and I to both stand in at the same time. There was also mold and mildew in the shower. The plastic drinking cups also created a unimpressive ambience. The room itself was spacious but stank of tobacco odors. The view from the balcony was pretty, but the smell of diesel fuel, and the noise of bulldozers made spending time there less than enjoyable. We also didn't think much of the restaurant Buca di Bacco. Better choices for both ambiance and food would be the restaurant of the Pallazo Murat[beautiful patio setting- on the pricier side] and Lo Guarracino[very romantic setting and inexpensive]

Relaxing retreat

After one night in another hotel, we decided to try and switch to Buca di Bacco. Francesco was so helpful and accomodating. He booked us 2 rooms for the next night both overlooking the water and our last 2 nights he managed to book us the apartment as we were a party of four. That's when we truly realized we were in paradise. All of the rooms we had were wonderful with each having its plus. One of us had a balcony with a large room while the other had a smaller room but with a terrace. (we did look at one room with a balcony and a closet for a room but we were offered other options). The service and the atmosphere were incredible.
The breakfast set-up was delicious and eating overlooking the beach and water was a great way to start the day.
Staying down by the beach is the only way to go in Positano.

Making the most of the "old world"

by TripAdvisor Member Travelscribe

If you're going to Positano, you've probably heard that it's very old and picturesque; that probably appeals to you as much as it did me. And, while the actual town of Positano has its share of shops and attractions, the main reason to go there is for the beach and the visual uniqueness of the way the town was built on the sides of the low coastal mountains– unaccesable by roads for 2,000 years. The view as you stand on the beach, back up to the town, is simply breathtaking!

I think all the hotels in this town are very old and I wouldn't want it any other way; if you built a modern complex, you'd destroy the character of the place. Our priority was the beach so we chose Buca di Bacco, which is just off the sand, comprised of several very old buildings spliced together. Considering the age of the buildings and their construction, I think the Buca di Bacco has been transformed into something very special. Well-appointed, with fantastic views from nicely-done rooms, we loved every minute in this magical place. You might find a more elegant hotel (Le Sirenuse ?) but we were in a party of three couples, all with different-styled rooms, and we were all quite pleased with Buca. I sat out on our large balcony well into the night, after dinner, sipping a Cognac and watching the lights of beachside activities far below, eventually falling asleep on the reclining chair before retiring to bed.

Francesco and the rest of the staff were always pleasant, helpful and went out of their way to fulfill our every whim. Their restaurant, the staff and its food were excellent but even when we wanted to try someplace else, Francesco arranged for a car to take us and made the reservations for us, wherever and whenever we wanted to go.

We would return to the Buca without a second thought and if I ever return to Positano, it will be my first choice again. I'd be happy to respond to questions from other travelers thinking of visiting Positano.

Awesome!!! Simply Awesome!!!

I just read a review....one year after I was there. Nothing has changed!!!

This place was simply AWESOME....I'd go back in a heartbeat if I could! The picture I just looked at must have been from my balcony...and I also looked out over the piazza, the beach and the ocean. The treatment was 5-star, the view and the room unmatched!

What a wonderful location, near some fantastic and world renowned resturants. My time there was simply a dream come true!

A wonderful place to stay.

Wow. We loved this place. We had only 2 nights there initially but when we hated our next hotel in Praiano we managed to move back to the room we had left 2 days before. Large room, fantastic big terrace. Such friendly staff. The breakfast was superb - fresh fruit and yummy cakes. We didn't want to leave. You do need to be careful about what room you get - the rack rate is the same for some rooms that have a balcony as for the rooms with a large terrace. Positano was lovely. You could be in the thick of it one minute and then safely hidden away on your terrace the next. Perfect.

Walking arount Positano

by kiropod

My wife and myself will be staying in Positano this coming June-July, staying at the Hotel Buca di Bacco. Are there walking tours of Positano and the surrounding towns or would you recommend just heading out on our own?

RE: Walking arount Positano

by nicolaitan

as you well know, your hotel is right on the central square and beach of Positano. You should not need a guide, a tour, or anything else to see Positano except your feet. Amalfi, easily reachable by car or bus, similarly is a town for walking altho bigger. The big treat should be a visit to Ravello which is beautiful and where we had our best meal in the Amalfi coast. Change bus in Amalfi -easy - or drive just beyond and look for the turnoff. Also - no guide needed. On the square where you are staying, there are several open air restaurants. The only one to avoid is Chez Black, based on our experience. Have a great time. N>

Comments