Via Pasitea 119, Positano, Amalfi Coast, 84017, Italy
Booking.com Priceline.com Despegar.com

Costs 42% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Positano

Hidden piazzas can be foundHidden piazzas can be found

Torre di Clavel 13th century fort at PositanoTorre di Clavel 13th century fort at Positano

A clothing shop in PositanoA clothing shop in Positano

Road view 3Road view 3

Expense of Hiring a Private Driver from Naples Airport to Positano

by jillgraves

I am considering hiring a private driver (Anthony's Car Service was mentioned in a post) to take us from Naples Airport to Positano and would like to know the approximate cost.

by domenicococozza

It will cost from 100 to 120 Euros each way.

by travelgourmet

Viator.com claims under 30 usdollars to go from Naples Airport to Positano. See their website: http://www.viator.com/tours/Naples/Naples-Airport-to-Positano-or-Ravello-Private-Arrival-Transfer/d508-2958POSAPTHTL

by travelgourmet

Sorry, the price from Viator is not just under $30 usdollars unless you have 7 passengers. Confusing offer.

by domenicococozza

I've done this trip more times than I can remember - the price for a taxi from the airport to Positano is between 100 and 120 Euros. Take my word for it.

Travel Tips for Positano

Ravello

by iandsmith

I'd walked up. I had no idea how long it would take but I went anyway. Rosemarie was freaking out about there being no buses back to Positano and didn't want to miss the last one but I had a two hour gap and so I lit out through the back alleys and narrow stairways and was soon climbing and cutting the corners that the road had to take. The stairway was surprisingly shorter and I actually made it in less than an hour.
The view was there, but shrouded in haze, something I had learned to expect. So I took a few shots and made my way back down.
It left a memory of what might have been if I'd had the time and the weather had been more kind.
Would life allow me to return? It did, and late in 2009 I caught the bus, this time with Rosemarie, and reached Ravello on a picture postcard day. The view was just as I had seen it on television and it wasn't overcrowded, though there were certainly people about.
I opted to get the classic shot of the coastline looking south from the gardens of Villa Rufolo.

Bring something warm

by paulapes

No special bags or luggage Bring something warm for the month of March, a sweater or jacket is needed. I thought it would be pretty warm in this area, but I was wrong! If you can remember to bring everything with you, you're better off, because prices are pretty high here in Positano. But if you forget something don't worry, they have just about anything you could need.

Praiano

by TRimer

Behind Capo Sottile, on the far slopes of Monte Tre Cavalli, and looking eastwards, there is the little town of Praiano. Once an old fishing village it is now a popular seaside resort with hotels and camping facilities that can accommodate large numbers of tourists. The parish church, dedicate to Saint Luke, is found in the upper part of the town, in a spot with a lovely view. The church houses a precious silver figure of Saint Luke. Praiano's beach is the small, enchanting Marina di Praia, which is found at the end of the wild Praia valley. The surrounding cliffs have been deeply marked by erosion. On a rocky promontory stands the cylindrical mass of the Torre a Mare, a medieval structure which recalls the centuries-old struggle of the area's inhabitants against the attacks of pirates.

Homemade pasta

by HELEN about Bruno

This restaurant's special is their homemade pasta. Great food, lot's to choose from on the menu and the prices are reasonable. This restaurant is located at the top of the hill with a gorgeous view of the town.

The Ocean on a plate!!

by ian.and.victoira about Da Aldofo

You will either love or hate this place - people who want tip top service with yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir should stay away!! This is basically a family opening up their kitchen and their land to savvy food locals... the menu is in italian written on a blackboard on a small table - you come to the menu the menu doesn't come to you! I can speak pigeon Italian yet I found it easier to just look at what everyone else was eating. I chose the tuna cappaccio -which was out of this world. I always dine at top London sushi restaurants where the fish is very fresh, however Da Aldofo's surpasses all of these. This is without doubt the best fish restaurant I have ever eaten at... but restaurant just isn't the right word - check the website out to get a real feel! My hubby had a mixed fish platter which was divine - the salmon was perfectly cooked and silky smooth!
For main course he had the prawns which were huge yet succulant, juicy and really flavoursome. However the dish that blew me away was the zuppe di cozze (mussle soup). This is a dish in positano which I had again and again - but this was by far the best version. Mussles Soup isn't actually a soup... it is a bowl of mussles with a tomato sauce (consisting of fresh tomatoes, garlic, basil and sometimes onion) on top as you eat the mussles and discard the shells you end up with an amazing pulp of flavours, which is mopped up with ciabatta and olive oil. Heaven!!
We met 2 Americans and spent the rest of the afternoon chatting in the sun whilst drinking wine and supping on beers. We had a late afternoon swim in the clear ocean. How many restaurants let you stay for 6 hours without hassling you to move ?? I love this place - we are going to sorrento this year but coming all the way over to this hidden gem. It is so reasonable in price too - yes you have to pay for a sun lounger but in return you get a beach on your doorstep flexible service and a wonderful, wonderful experience that money cannot just buy! Thank you all at Aldofo - see you in September!! Zuppe de Cozze and the Tuna Carpaccio - the flavours and the muscles came together in a sublime bowl of heaven and the tuna was so fresh it must have leapt on to my plate!!!

Comments