Viale Pasitea 318, Positano, Amalfi Coast, 84017, Italy

Hotels.com Travelocity Booking.com

Costs 83% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Best Positano View from the Pool

very clean and modern rooms. Great service.

Unique Quality: I have been to Positano 8 times. Stayed here last September. Wonderful small hotel. The pool is on the top of the hotel and the view is unbelievable. Must see the view if you dont stay in this hotel. It's truly breathtaking when you go up in the elevator and step out. Wow!

Directions: The villa Franca hotels sets perched up on the tip top of the mountain. You see it in all of the photos of Positano commanding attention! Has flags on the hotel. Very noticeable. Wonderful!!!

• Wonderful Hotel!

The hotel is perfect and will stay there again. I have been to Positano "7" times and this past September, 04 was the first time staying at Villa Franca

Unique Quality: The view from the pool is amazing. It's just a great hotel with wonderful views, great service and what Positano is all about - perfection!

Directions: This hotel is on the left side of the mountain at the tip top. Amazing views! It's a walk to the beach, but you get used to it and you can always take a taxi from the town square at night for $13/euro.

More about Hotel Villa Franca

Villa Franca Hotel in Positano

by TripAdvisor Member buckler10

Villa Franca in Positano was wonderful! We arranged through a travel agent and they went out of their way to make our visit comfortable and accommodating. My husband is handicapped and they had a room on the first floor. It was large, bright, very clean and had a beautiful view. My adult daughters were in another room, also large with two double beds and a seaview patio balcony.
The food was good. Good variety at breakfast and the staff in the restaurant were eager to please. Swimming pool had a great view and it was cold but we had unseasonably cool weather for June. The shuttle was very convenient but they could also arrange for a taxi. We used the Positano Car service for day trips and I would highly recommend Masimmo as a driver for Americans. He spoke very good English and was very entertaining for my daughters!!
I am so glad we stayed in Positano. It was quaint and had enough to do during the day for my family. Be sure to go to Disco on the Rocks for nighlife!

Will stay there again

The Hotel Villa Franca spoiled us with beautiful views and excellent service. The free shuttle and proximity to the bus line made travel to and from the Positano "hot spots" so easy. I loved the gym, the breakfast, the staff . . . A great value.

Tranquility at the Top of the Mountain & Other Fun Positano Finds

by TripAdvisor Member UVA717

My husband and I visited Hotel Villa Franca as the first stop on our honeymoon in Italy in July of 2004. We used the online honeymoon planning travel agency, Moonrings.com, to plan two weeks in Positano, Capri, Rome and Venice. Our travel agent highly recommended this hotel as a peaceful, boutique hotel, away from the hustle and bustle of the town. He couldn't have been more right! We absolutely loved Hotel Villa Franca. Situated at the top of one of the mountains of Positano, it looks out over the entire city. The views from the hotel are simply amazing.

Our room was cute and quaint. The bathroom was a bit on the small side, but whatever . . . How much time do you really spend in the bathroom anyway?! Our favorite part of the room was the outdoor patio overlooking the ocean and mountains. It was the ideal location for a glass of wine! One fun perk about the hotel is the rooftop pool. From my understanding, it is one of the few hotels (maybe the only hotel) in Positano with a rooftop pool. Also, the hotel's restaurant served fabulous Italian cuisine!

We highly recommend this hotel and would love to revisit one day!

Hilltop dream in Positano

My fiancé Paul and I just returned from a magical trip to Italy - finishing our journey in Positano. We stayed at the Hotel Villa Franca which was recommended both by Trip Advisor and my DK tour book. We could not have been more pleased! The hotel provided a shuttle from the town to their hilltop location (ideal in the steep mountainous town), and when we arrived, within minutes a bottle of prosecco and two champagne glasses arrived. (And they didn’t even know we were recently engaged!) We had a partial ocean view room which was wonderful, A/C, and although the rooms small and bathroom had a partial shower door, we were so happy with the Villa Franca. The hotel had a great continental breakfast, a small workout room and a wonderful mini-spa area - my massage was so relaxing! We would definitely stay there again....

One of the best in Positano

by TripAdvisor Member Hsibbs

Just returned from a weekend break in Positano, the Hotel Villa Franca is considered by most to be one of the best in Positano, and it doesn't disappoint. The rooms are lovely, the balconies, though small give the most fantastic views. Breakfast was plentiful and is served up to 11am, which is our kind of time when we are on holiday, scrambled eggs were gorgeous! Although at the top of the hill, We didn't think the walk to town and back very hard, if you stay on the road, and don't use the steps it is a very easy walk. There is a free shuttle bus down to town if you want it . The steps nearest the hotel lead directly down to a great selection of restaurants (we really liked Next2 for style and light eating, the mediterraneo do a good red wine!!!) We used a limo firm from ----, they were EUR25 cheaper than the Positano taxis(?!) and the drivers charming, pointing out interesting sites during the drive from Naples airport. The pool is quite small, and some people bed hog, which is a bit rude, but not the hotels fault, thou maybe the staff should discourage it.............the food at the pool is really top notch, making it a fantastic place for lunch with the best views from any hotel.

I love this Place

by TripAdvisor Member italianguy33

My wife and I stayed at the Villa Franca for 5 nights as part of our 4 week honeymoon, we wish we stayed longer. Of all the places we stayed, this was one of the best. Everything from the service to the facilities. I read in some of the reviews that the rooftop pool was small. The pool area, and the view from the roof is amazing. Most hotels in positano dont even have a pool, especially the 4 star hotels. This hotel was a true 4 star, Many hotels in ITaly claim to be 4 star, but in reality they are not. The staff was so warm and friendly. Franco, makes the best espresso/capuccino and the bartender and the desk personnel were so helpful. The hotel shuttle came in very handy for going to the beach and going to the centro. After Positano my wife and I stayed at the Tramontano, a five star hotel in Sorrento. I will say, the Villa Franca was better. The breakfast was much better than the one at the Tramontano. I am not a big breakfast person, but when I tasted the scrambled eggs at Villa Franca, I was hooked. I almost forgot to mention... All the hotels we stayed at, knew it was our honeymoon. But only the Villa Franca served us a Complimentary bottle of Prosecco and snacks. I researched hotels for 6 months (wanted to plan a great honeymoon) and it paid off. But, save yourself the trouble and just book the Villa Franca, you will love it.
jdg2110@hotmail.com
P.S. - Seahorse Car Service was great! best rates too

Best View in Town in a Town with the Best Views in the World

Hotel was great. Room was not exactly huge, but why would you spend time there when the balcony has such an incredible view, and the town itself is charming. Let's face it, you came to positano to see the impossibly built town, and you can see all angles of the beautiful place from your hotel. Don't exhaust yourself looking any further for the perfect hotel, book at the Villa Franca and enjoy...

Franc-ly wonderful!

by TripAdvisor Member zippymonkey

Located at the very top of Positano's famous pyramid of precariously stacked houses, Hotel Villa Franca offers unbeatable views of the sea and the town to one side, and the mountains to the other.

We arrived in Positano by boat, and, after some deliberation as to how we would get both us and our luggage to the hotel, decided to entrust our belongings to one of the local porter services, whilst we took the "Positano Interno" circular bus to the summit. Our anxiety over this unusual arrangement was relieved when we found that our luggage had arrived in our room safely (and with a greater degree of speed and ease than ourselves).

Our decision to choose a deluxe room with a seaview was vindicated when, upon being shown around the room, the porter opened the curtains to unveil a mejestic panorama of the sea and the town far, far below. The room wasn't huge, but was very tastefully decorated, and boasted crispy white sheets and a remarkable jacuzzi.

Breakfast was served until 11am, and - as many other reviewers have alluded to - was host to some of the finest scrambled eggs known to man, and a fine selection of cakes. For the thirsty, strong coffee and tea was available on tap.

A friendly hotel driver would take guests, with some pace, down to the bottom of the town every half an hour in the mornings and evenings, which was only a couple of minutes drive away. However, for the more energetic, there is a steep and narrow series of several hundred steps that lead you right down to the port.

Unusually for Positano, the Villa Franca has a reasonably sized (albeit freezing cold) pool perched impossibly on the roof of the building. The pool is manned by a somewhat grumpy attendant, but has a good selection of drinks and snacks. There is a "no towel reservation" policy, which makes a refreshing change.

On the whole, the staff at the hotel were very friendly, and would always answer your questions in a knowledgeable manner, and offer good advice. We would certainly return to this perfect base at the summit of a wonderful town!

Comments