Via C. Colombo, 30, Positano, Amalfi Coast, 84017, Italy

Orbitz.com LHW.com Expedia.com

Costs 127% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• jenn5179's Profile Photo

World Class Hotel! Gorgeous

The view from the hotel was worth the price tag alone. Add the world class service, the gorgeous pool area, great room, great breakfast and it was quite an experience

It was crazy expensive, but like I said, if you can afford it, it is quite an experience

Unique Quality: Le Sirenuse has a fabulous tranquil decor, outdoor patios to enjoy drinks from at night.

The pool is fabulous, and the staff and food at the pool bar/cafe is awesome! We enjoyed fresh salads, proscuitto, and many other treats while enjoying the views of the coast from the pool area.

It was just a short walk (well, downward trek) to the beach and the many restaurants, cafes, pizza shops, and beachside souvenier shops

The hotel was everything I pictured when I found out I was staying at one of the top rated hotels in the WORLD.

Our travel agent pulled major strings to get us in here since we booked our trip so late, so our room was pretty small, but still had the same great feel as the rest of the place.

Breakfast was also great - a good selection, plenty of food, fabulous cappucino.

My husband wanted to surprise me (he planned our entire trip to Italy himself) and he sure did a wonderful job of making our honeymoon special and romantic. This place made us feel like a million bucks - from the service to the beauty of the property. It was a once in a lifetime experience I will never ever forget....

• Wonderful experience.

I have not stayed here, however, if you can room number 85 is THE suite that Diane Lane stayed in during the film under the tuscan sun, plus...it's where all the movie stars typically stay at this hotel. The waiter told me this that has been at this hotel for a million years! The cost is absurd, but it's wonderful!

Unique Quality: I always go to this hotel for drinks in the afternoon and also after dinner. I have had dinner here a few times as well. I'm not overly impressed with the dinner and I hate to say that b/c I love this hotel.
    The pool is incredible. This is the pool that was shot in Only You with Robert Downey Jr and Marisa Tomei (spell)? It's super small, but the view from the pool area is truly something to see even if you dont stay here. And, the fresh olives are addicting!!! you'll get those as well when you have drinks here! I just love this hotel. It's truly special. You must visit if you are in Positano. Everything from the bathrooms, the pool, the antiques, the staff,....everything. But, it's not cheap! Worth every cent though!

Directions: near the center of town.

• Very Nice Hotel

Well I diddn't have the funds to stay here but I have heard alot about this hotel and it has actually been in some movies like "Only You" and alot of famous people have stayed here so my curiousity got the best of me and I had to go inside and look around which I have to say it was incredibly nice if you got that kind of money to spend on it. It is very beautiful with any kind of ammenity you can think of. Its everything and more you would want in a hotel.

Unique Quality: Le Sirenuse opened in 1951, when the Sersale family decided to turn their summer house in Positano into a small elegant hotel. They started with eight rooms and a large terrace overlooking the Islands of the Sirens. Fifty years later the hotel has 60 rooms with all the comforts of a five star luxury hotel without losing the atmosphere of a family home.

Directions: Its about a 5-10min walk to the beach.

• TRimer's Profile Photo

Top Luxury Hotel

Hotel Le Sirenuse is truly world class, wholly deserving of its five star rating, but it is also a small family owned business that provides a level of personal service and atmosphere to which most places can only aspire.

The building was constructed centuries ago as a summer retreat for the Sersale Family, Nobilta Napolitana (the aristocracy of Naples), and ancient art, artifacts and furniture are scattered about its posh tiled and whitewashed labyrinth of ocean view rooms and suites. Since its conversion in 1951 from private seasonal residence to hotel, the Sersale Family has continued to own and operate Le Sirenuse, carefully expanding it over the years from the five original guest rooms to the 60 it has today.

The expansion was largely overseen by Franco Sersale, the brother of twice Mayor of Positano, Paolo Sersale, both Italian noblemen. The Sersales remain in residence together with a new generation of passionate and kind family members who begin their charge of this distinctive property.

John Steinbeck, the author, once referred to Le Sirenuse as his "dream place".

Unique Quality: In almost every guest room, throughout the common areas, restaurant and bar are blooming orchids and myriad other tropical plants perched beneath arbors of bougainvillea which climb the arched, white ceilings.

• bmw10111's Profile Photo

Romantic Hillside Hotel

We went from Rome by private car to Positano. It is about a 3.5 hour drive. The last hour is fairly tough, curvey, hilly, two lane roads.

Positano is the absoulte epitimy Positano is the absolute epitome of a postcard village. It is an old city built in to a mountain side which tapers down to the sea. Le Sirenuse Hotel is ideally situated with a great vista, and only a few hundred feet away from the pedestrian only walkway down to the city center and ocean. The walk down to the ocean and town center is not for the meek. It is about a 1/2 mile walk, with many stairs, and some steep sections. The trip down is easy, the trip up after a large Italian pasta feast is quite the different story.

We did run into two issues that were very troublesome. Both had to do with noise. First of all in our suite the TV was located fairly far from the bed, and right next to the adjoining room door. So in order to watch TV it had to be fairly loud. I felt like I was disturbing the room next door. Second of all, the design of the hotel is sort of moorish in nature. The hall ways are long and I could litterally hear someone coming down the hallway from my bed. It was very noisy.

Unique Quality: The hotel is family owned, yet very professionally managed. The property has personal antiques from the families royal background scattered around. The pool is modest but nice. The hotel was featured in the 1994 movie "Only You" starring Robert Downey Jr. & Marisa Tomei

We had a suite over the pool that was roomy and full of sunlight. The view is amazing. There is a small pier down at the ocean. Through much of our stay large waves shot high in the air as they hit the concrete. The rooms are very well equipped. We had a great TV setup with built in DVD. The hotel maintains a large selection of current titles that they loan out to you. The beds were comfortable, the bathrooms, modern and exceptional.

The restaurant has excellent food, and prompt room service. The hotel operates a breakfast buffet, but other then the included breakfast, I would venture into town where quaint little restaurants are all over.

• Erin74's Profile Photo

Le Sirenuse

Le Sirenuse is the premiere luxury hotel in Positano and a popular destination for honeymooners and wealthy Europeans and Asians who want to be pampered on their vacation. This hotel is really expensive (rooms range from about 250e-700e per night), but if you're looking to splurge, this is the place to do it.

Le Sirenuse is located very near the beach, so you won't have many stairs to contend with. It's also one of the only hotels in Positano with a parking garage (and there are a steady stream of Mercedes convertibles heading there every weekend). The lobby is white and crisp, with a gorgeous view of the ocean through big glass doors. The rooms and suites are very elegant, with tile accents and white linens on the bed. Most rooms have a balcony overlooking the ocean.

Unique Quality: Le Sirenuse has a gorgeous pool if you don't want to lay on the beach. There is a bar at the hotel, as well as a very upscale restaurant called La Sponda. You'll also find a gym and European Spa at Le Sirenuse.

More about Le Sirenuse Hotel

Le Sirenuse--Superb hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member scionista

Just returned from a trip to Positano and Naples. We stayed three nights at the Le Sirenuse Hotel in Positano and were completely satisfied in all aspects. Great staff from the front desk to the wait staff. The room was excellent and the whirlpool tub was a great treat after walking around Ravello. But the view can not be duplicated!

We ate two dinners at the hotel and, while expensive, they were worth it. Every course was a treat. At the Le Sirenuse you feel part of the family that owns the hotel. You see them at dinner, then breakfast and at the front desk. There is nothing impersonal or corporate about the hotel. No wonder it is so highly rated in Conde Nast and T and L.

Plus Positano is charming and laid back. While Amalfi was packed with tour buses(even last week) Positano was empty. It made for a relaxing stay.

So comfortable at Le Sirenuse.

We stayed at this wonderful hotel from June 8 - June 14 for part of our honeymoon. What makes this hotel a leading hotel is the service and the genuine warmth of the staff. The design maintains a lightness combined with quaintness not found in modern boutique hotel in the cities. Our room was not the most spacious but view is incredible, and the amenities are excellent (make time to relax in your own in-room jacuzzi). Their restaurant is one of the best in Positano (we tried most of them). We even picked up a few Italian phrases as the staff always greeted us with smiles and a few friendly words. One more thing, the Morrocan like open-air lounge (with Buddha Bar-ish music) is divine to hang out in before and after dinner - refreshing!

A relaxed and memorable evening at Le Sirenuse

Whilst staying further up the Amalfi Coast, we decided to dine one night in Positano and selected Le Sirenuse. On arrival our car was swiftly dealt with by the parking valet and we were graciously shown to the champagne bar. This was without doubt the most stunningly beautiful bar and setting I have ever seen and the service matched. Although we arrived at the hotel only ten minutes before our reservation time we were not rushed to our table and when we did descend to the pretty dining terrace we were offered a beautiful table with a view of of the town and bay. The food and wine were excellent and again the service was superb - flawless yet relaxed at the same time. Having been unable to secure a room reservation at Le Sirenuse this year we shall definitely try to return to enjoy the full experience.

Loved this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member nursetoni

My husband and I arrived and were somewhat disappointed in the room we were given, so after some discussion we were given a room with a spectaular view. Of course we had to pay extra for the upgrade not the hotels fault. Our travel agent didn't book the room properly. We were treated like royality the rest of our stay. The people at the desk were extremely helpful and polite. Our room was beautiful and the service in the resturants and at the pool were exceptional. Would absolutely stay here again.
Expensive but fabulous you get what you pay for. If you want to be treated like royality and pampered stay at Le Sirenuse.

View from the pool deck at Le SirenuseView from the pool deck at Le Sirenuse

Positano

by Sammy127

What is the best way to get from Tuscany to Positano?
What are the best Hotels to stay in in each place?

Re: Positano

by joecooper

train

by jamesfmunro

Train to Naples, then boat or bus to Positano. Tuscany is a big place - where are you staying?

by Sammy127

Don't know where I'm staying yet.. We want Luxury. It's Our 10 anniversary and 40th Birthdays. Don't know when we will get to do this again for a long time.

Some of the thoughts in Positano are Hotel di San Pietro and Le Sirenuse.

Any suggestions for either location?

Re: Positano

by Lorro

I took a train to Naples via Rome then transfered to the "Circumvesuviana" train to Sorrento. There you can catch a bus just outside the train station (20-30min or so) to Positano. The bus ride is really beautiful as the road goes right along the edge of the cliffs on the coast. Sit on the right side of the bus!
Have fun!

by Erin74

I highly recommend Le Sirenuse and Hotel Palazzo Murat for luxury in Positano. Le Sirenuse really can't be beat, it's very elegant-- but Palazzo Murat has gorgeous gardens, an excellent restaurant and is closer to the beach. You'd enjoy either one. I believe that I have a posting about Hotel Palazzo Murat on my Positano page.

From Tuscany, you'll want to take a train to Naples. In Naples, you have several options.

(a) Take a boat to Positano. This is a quick way to get there, but you'll miss the dramatic drive along the cliffs into Positano (which I enjoyed, personally).

(b) Hire a cab to take you there. This is the most expensive option, but also the most comfortable and direct.

(c) Take the Circumvesuviana train (you just walk across the train station in Naples and you'll see the entrance to the Circumvesuviana) to Sorrento. It's an inexpensive, comfortable ride that takes about 30-45 minutes. From there, you can take a bus or a cab to Positano. The bus is cheaper, but slower.

Good luck and enjoy Positano!

Comments