Positano Hotels

Our Members Say

• lalikes profile photo lalikes
  • Reviews: 169

Casa Guadagno: Mom and Pop Place

I've been to this Pensione 3 times. The place has 15 rooms and the owners live within the property. They do not speak much English but again, smiling and pointing gets you a long way. The rooms are immaculate with mosaic tiling and remarkable views of the sea. The rooms are minimal. No phones or TV's, which in my opinion you do not need. Rooms are $40-$100 a night depending on how many people.

Friendly, friendly family. One day at breakfast on my 3rd time there, my girlfriend and I were asked by one of the owners to help take a reservation. I thought it was hilarious. Since their English was not too good and someone from Australia was calling, they asked us to book the room for them. We had the reservation book, talked on their phone to book a room for this Australian couple. It was so fun.

There is a library.

• Written October 9, 2008

Entrance to hotel

• gmg61 profile photo gmg61
  • Reviews: 408

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Villa Delle Palme: Villa delle palme

The hotel is quiet and has a small parking lot for the guests. It's rather high on the cliff and thus a bit far away from the town center: it's a 15 minutes walk going down, and a bit longer and more tiring when you come back, mostly if it's hot.

The rooms are white, some them with a balcony with chairs and table.

The owners are friendly and helpful and there is also a restaurant if you don't want to fo in the crowd

A parking lot is a unique quality in Positano. Even if you have to pay for it, it's anyway cheaper than going to the private parkings.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written August 3, 2008

• misister2 profile photo misister2
  • Reviews: 2

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Villa Giada: Villa Giada, don't go there!

Villa Giada is in Positano, Amalfi Coast, Italy. The people who owns this place also owns the Venus Inn.
It's the filthiest place we've been to, and we've been to many places. When we got there we found out it's not a B&B (because breakfast is not included) and is not an apartment either (because there is no kitchen). The lady told us we could prepare own our breakfast int he room but the only thing we had was something to heat the water and 2 plastic cups (taken from some virgin atlantic flight) very dirty, looked like they've been left int he patio table for 3 months.
The first night I tried to take a shower, the water was cold. I found out the next day there were only 20 liters per person, not enough if you have long hair. There was a huge and disgusting worm in the shower, and guess what, the second day, after the owner 'cleaned the flat' the worm was still there, my husband took it out on the third day.
I went to pick up an extra pillow from the closet and I found a second worm there, I didn't use the pillow that night, you can imagine.
On the third day I left the towels on the floor, next to the door, as a way of saying, please change them, but the lady hang them back in the bathroom. The next day I did the same but left a note: 'change towels please', she did but she left us a note saying that we'll have to pay an extra 1.10 euros per towel if we wanted clean towels.
We found pieces fo broken glass behind the bed side table, guess what, they stayed there all week, that's the level of cleaning... and the list goes on..

The only good thing about this place is that is has a nice terrace, but the room only has a very small window, so actually, when you are inside the room, the only thing you see are walls..

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Singles, Road Trip
  • Written November 17, 2007

• angiebabe profile photo angiebabe
  • Reviews: 1671

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Peter Pan's: A guest hotel owned by Peter!

This cost more than I had planned but i was grateful it didnt cost more than I paid to stay!It was either 30 or 35 euro for a double room on my own. The couple who were with me i think paid about 40 euro for 2.
It was in a fairly convenient location though on a section on a steep slope so quite a few steps to get down to it the night before but not so many from there to the main road and then about 20 mins downhill from there through the town and up the hill to the bus stop to catch the bus north or south along the coast.

The place was clean and included an ensuite, no breakfast was included but did have a TV and a nice little balcony.
Overnight we had a real gale outside and lots of flapping and banging sounds and thanks to say the place was strong enough that nothing adverse was experienced during the night and what a lovely view of the sunrise the next morning over the ocean horizon and houses adjacent.

Friendly family owners of 3 generations.
About 5 minutes walk down to a nice restaurant and 10 minutes from small supermarket and the main shops that extended along the road for quite a way.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written September 26, 2007
Tip Photo

nice view from my room with balcony

• GuitarStan profile photo GuitarStan
  • Reviews: 59

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pensione Maria Luisa: Great Balcony Views with Cats!

Stayed 3 nights at Maria Luisa. If you like cats you'll love it here. They come and go as they please and are not afraid you, my wife loved it. We had our own bath.....we shared a bath at other locations in Italy for what we paid here a night. Obviously the balcony views are awesome, we reserved far in advance to get a room with a balcony. Rooms are adequate in size and clean. They have a very small cappuchino/coffee/cocoa machine in the lobby. They also have a small frige, in the lobby, that you can place your beverages/food in. We opted to go out in the morning and bring back our breakfast and enjoy it on our balcony....complete with cats (they don't bother you). I would recommend staying at Maria Luisa and we would stay here again.

Balcony views in all of Positano are to die for! Freindly cats abound but, they do not bother you for food and such.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Hiking and Walking, Historical Travel
  • Written November 7, 2006

The main entrance to Pensione Maria Luisa

• K.Knight profile photo K.Knight
  • Reviews: 1044

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Casa Cosenza / La Zagara.: Stay with the locals.

On our arrival into Positano, Anne and I stopped in at a few motels etc to check out the accommodation and rates to stay. When we stopped in at the La Zagara restaurant, the owners also owned the pension next door! We decided to stay and pay the 52 Euro per night for the upstairs room with a balcony that gave fantastic views down the coast.

• Related to: Road Trip, Budget Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written November 12, 2005

Local knowledge.

• l_riva_l profile photo l_riva_l
  • Reviews: 186

Cassiopea B&B: High Above the Crowds

If you are interested in truly experiencing the Sorrento Peninsula and Amalfi Coast away from the maddening tourist crowds, I highly recommend this lovely bed and breakfast. Part of its charm is its near invisibility. The owners, Ignazio and Caterina Persico, are not interested in catering to the hoards of tourists that flood the coastal areas, so make sure that you make reservations and that you call in on the day of your arrival. The minimum stay is 2 nights.

Central to all areas of interest in Campania but away from the noise and traffic.
Beautiful views of the coastline from a large deck where you will enjoy a memorable breakfast.

• Written May 11, 2005

Map of Preazzano

• ct-bound profile photo ct-bound
  • Reviews: 124

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Santa Caterina: Best buy in Positano?

Loved staying here, it's located about midway up the hillside, with a fabulous view!!!!!!! The room was very spacious, with beautiful high domed ceilings and reclining chairs on the patio to relax, sipping a glass of wine at night.

• Related to: Beaches
  • Written December 26, 2004

View from the SC Patio

• Geisha_Girl profile photo Geisha_Girl
  • Reviews: 765

Castles in the Sky!

Positano and the rest of the coastal towns around Amalfi have the most interesting hotels. Some are built inside ancient watchtowers....and others are built well inside the cliffs.

I caught this one as we were cruising the bay in our rented boat one afternoon. It was very regal.......as if Sir Lancelot and Lady Guinevere could have shacked up there!

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written December 8, 2002
Tip Photo

A gallant knight, a maiden fair

• paulapes profile photo paulapes
  • Reviews: 258

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

We stayed in a villa which we...

We stayed in a villa which we rented through www.rentvillas.com. This was a great experience, the directions and instructions were clear and easy to follow and the representative who met us to bring us to the villa was very helpful and easy to talk to. If you're looking for a villa stay, try them!! (No, I'm not getting a commission!! :-)
$1200.00 for a week's stay when we were there in March. Different prices at different times of the year.

It was very large and in good condition. Two bedrooms, living room, big kitchen, washing machine, two bathrooms. Close to everything in Positano. Our views were wonderful...I show the view from my bedroom balcony in my Travelogues. The photo shows Sara and I on the steps behind our villa, which was just above the walkway down to the beach. As you can see, there was another market on our left, and the villa was on our right in the photo. If you go up these steps, you come out onto the road through the village.
UPDATE: I've since found out that this villa has gone back to private use, but RentVillas has other properties in Positano, so check them out! ANOTHER UPDATE: this villa is now rented under a different name, but on the same website.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Road Trip
  • Written August 31, 2002

Lovin' Positano!

• Geisha_Girl profile photo Geisha_Girl
  • Reviews: 765

Amalfi Rentals from Villas International: Rent a Villa!

When my friends and I decided to spend two whole weeks in the Amalfi Coast, we wanted to stay in town and "live like the locals." We found a sweet deal on a 2 bedroom villa with a pool and all the amenties. Our place is close to the beach and sounds too good to be true!!

I will provide a full report and photos upon my return!

• Written August 30, 2002
Tip Photo

Is this too good to be true?

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful