Residence I Giardini Dei Sensi

Residence I Giardini Dei Sensi
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Positano

Via MariaVia Maria

The hole after which the mountain is namedThe hole after which the mountain is named

An excited touristAn excited tourist

First sight from the ferry deck....First sight from the ferry deck....

Rome to Positano

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are visiting Rome in October for four days and then travelling to Positano and staying there for the three days. Can anyone advise me on the best way to travel from Rome to Positano? Is there a direct bus/train? Has anyone done something similar?

Thanks
Emma

by microsensazione

I should reach by train but it's my way to intend.
Take a look on this link:
I think it could give you different ways to reach Positano.

Italian trains time table is visible on

Feel you welcome in my Country.
Fabrizio

by emmasykes26

Thanks for your help, I'll have a look at the links.

E
x

by xymmot

I just been checking out the sites for my travel next week. There is a train that goes from Rome to Salerno (on the Amalfi Coast). Out the station 200 yards is a ferry to Positano 8 euros. You can take a SITA bus, but it takes longer 5euros. Have a great time, Cheers Tommy x

by hawkhead

You could take train from Rome to Naples, then the local circumvesuviana train to Sorrento and then the SITA bus to Positano. It's a rather convoluted way to go but is an alternative to the Salerno way!

by gphwahoo1

What's the best way to travel? What's the cost? Train? Bus? Driver? Car?

by nicolaitan

the problem with the ferries is twofold. first, there aren't very many of them. second, in rough weather, they bypass positano because the pier is unprotected and therefore unsafe to land. the most reliable way is to take the train to naples, then the circumvesuviano, then the SITA bus or to go to salerno by train and take the bus from there to positano ( requires a bus change in amalfi ).

or you could do what we do - rent a car. easy, convenient, and gives you the freedom to go where and when you want without relying on a relatively unstable public transit system. as previously described, the sita bus schedule is etched in jello.

by emmasykes26

Thanks for all your help everyone! x

by aaron.w

Check this blog that tells you how to reach Positano from Rome and Naples http://www.iloverome.net/travel-from-rome-to-amalfi-coast-sorrento-and-positano/

by xymmot

I JUST WANDER INTO<POSITANO,THE BUSRIDE WAS FINE FROM SORENNTO, BUT A CAB DRIVER SAID THAT AFTER THE TOURIST SEASON IS OVER, IT IS A DEAD TOWN. THE COAST TOWN IS BEAUTIFUL THOUGH, AND THE SITA TRAIN FROM NAPLES WAS HORRID WITH GRAFFITI ALL OVER, AND WATCHOUT FOR PICKPOCKETS IN THE CITY. AS I WAS WARN, IT ALMOST HAPPEN WHILE CATCHING A BUS. wILL WRITE MOREWHEN I GET TO A REAL INTERNET CAFE

Travel Tips for Positano

Warm days and warm hearts of the people

by Geisha_Girl

The breathtaking view of Positano will forever be a fond memory for me...... whether it's from atop the hill looking down from your villa, or across the bay as you approach the dock on your boat The best memory I have was meeting some of the friendliest people on this planet. To live amongst the locals for 2 weeks and be treated like royalty each and every day is not something you encounter in every place around the globe.

They take pride in the fine quality of life they live in their beautiful coastal town.

SMILES go a long way in Positano!

by Geisha_Girl

Anytime you find yourself in a foreign country where you aren't quite fluent in the local language, and the locals can't quite understand you......a bright friendly smile always becomes the universal language. This is very much true in Positano. The locals there are so warm and friendly and always greet you with their pearly whites. Ladies.....as is the "norm" in all of Italy......the men in Positano adore women. At times, they may come off slightly agressive in their mannerisms, but a gentle reminder and a warm glance will quickly calm the savage beast. We had no problems mingling with the friendly locals there who are quick to make friends with the tourists. They enjoy being in their town just as much as we do!

The first hour

by iandsmith

I wasn't in a hurry, a fairly unusual circumstance for me. The weather was as close to perfect as it was right to expect. My last journey to these parts it was hazy and windy. Today it was clear and sunny. My camera trigger finger was poised. In the end I could have gotten RSI.
After the first half hour it was the views to the sea below that transfixed my gaze, as you can no doubt ascertain from the opening pic.
The were other people here though; walkers on my trail, others on the one above; a man with a gun and a friendly smile (pic 2); workers in a vinyard (pic 3) and an elderly couple of males who were arguing over something in a language I was unfamiliar with.
Soon after I was gobsmacked by the amazing places where buildings occured (pics 4 and 5). One wondered about Occupational Health and Safety standards but these were the stone edifices of the ages; who knows how many years they had provided aid for humans.

Get on the Boat!

by Geisha_Girl

Positano is a coastal town, and there's no better way to check out the coast than by boat.

Boats were our second home and we enjoyed the great hourly rates and the variety of choices. This rubber 40-horsepower baby took us high speed up the smooth bay waters on a warm September day.

It cost us only 30EU/hr to rent........and we would have surely paid wayyyy more if the cutie boathand in thebackground came with it! ;->

Waterfront Cafes

by sandysmith about Chez Black

The restaurants on the waterfront looked quite sophisticated with tables well set out - like this one, Chez Black. Probably expensive being in a prime location but such a pleasant place to sit ....but we wanted to explore the town in the time we had. Being a fishing town the fish dishes seemed to be a popular choice as well as the customary pizzas and pastas dishes.

Comments