Agriturismo Fornari

Loc Fornari 2, Cilento, Casal Velino, 84076, Italy

More about Salerno

Mads is very thrilled to start the antipastiMads is very thrilled to start the antipasti

How to travel

by Mom1Sharon

My husband and I are coming from Rome to Naples on the train. We will continue on to our hotel in Castellabate, south of Salerno. We want to visit places around the area...Amalfi Coast, Pompei, the National Park, etc. Can we do this with buses and trains, or do we need to rent a car? If we decide to rent a car, can we get one in Salerno, or do we need to get it in Naples? I hate driving in the bigger cities.
I am so excited to visit this area of Italy.

Sharon

by erabler

I searched the Italian Yellow pages for autonoleggio in Salerno and got 34 hits.

by beesaj

I am currently living in Naples. I do not suggest renting a car as in actual naples, especially downtown. It is cheaper and sometimes faster to travel by train and buses.....please remember to keep your wallets and items in hard to reach areas as some of the kids here can take a wallet out a back pocket or purse in 10 seconds without you knowing it. While in Naples make sure you see the Archeological Museum, as most of the original arts and statues from Rome, Pompeii and other areas of Italy have been moved to it.
You can reach Pompeii, Sorrento, Almafi Coast via a train or by bus....there is a bus that goes from the airport to these places.

by Fjordline

As I have experienced the entire coast road from Sorrento to Salerno, I would say it is not so easy to drive in this part.

Travel Tips for Salerno

Salerno

by Daffy_Duck

"Salerno"

The province of my home town Salerno is a beautiful place & home of the famous Amalfi Coast (Costa Amalfitana) in Salerno U can’t be bored! There is plenty of entertainment, starting from Opera, Clubs, Bars, Movie Theaters, Restaurant on the ship, to sitting on the beach, or just walking with a warm croissant along the boardwalk, it reminds me of California.

I go to Italy Frequently and when I am there I usually travel throughout the Country I have a home near Salerno.
There are beautiful sights to see and the Clubs to me are the best in the Summer months because they move to the beaches. There’s a wide variety of very unique clubs, which must be experienced to appreciate. If you are an active person I strongly recommend the Northern part. If you just like to relax than the South would be ideal.

Comments