Conca Park

Via Capo 8, , Sorrento, Campania 80067

Good For No Data
  • Not Quite a 4 Star Quality

We just got back from a trip to Italy and stayed 3 nights at this hotel and I would recommend this to anyone. The breakfasts had variety and I agree the omelets were great. We had an amazing view overlooking the pool, Mediterranean, Mount Vesuvius and Naples in the back drop, it doesn't get any better then that.

A few negatives that I think need improving on to take it up to the 4 Star quality, the dining room waiting staff were snobby and had an attitude, the plastic glasses in the rooms were of very poor quality when you tried to get the plastic off they crumbled in your hands. Stingy with the ice for the room, the 3 Euro charge for the pool towels for the day, I would think that these should be supplied free of charge to guests. Would definitely go back there in a minute, convenient to everything that Sorento has to offer and more.

Unique Quality: The tunnel leading up to the hotel with the golf cart ride when available was neat. The garden with the cliff wall up was just like a picture. Nicely decorated lobby.

Directions: Close to ferry ride to Capri, walking distance to all shopping and restaurants in Sorento.

• stewartl's Profile Photo

Its Different

Booked a a half board package holiday we wanted somewhere central to enable us to see as much of the area as possible.
    We were there for a week as an anniversery present to ourselves.

Unique Quality: It has to be the tunnel which leads you up to recepion and the hotel.

Directions: central

More about Conca Park

DONT GO SOLO!!

by TripAdvisor Member samaa

Hi went to this hotel a few years ago, but only just having found trip advisor, its only now I write my review, had I had a good time, I wouldnt have bothered, but seeing as I had a nightmare, I have to air my views!...
I have no problems with the hotel itself, nice place, good food, lovely view...but...DONT GO SOLO!

I went for a relaxing holiday, on my own to chillout, got to the hotel, I was the only one who didnt have a welcome pack, got taken across the foye and dumped in a small room, behind the bar, next to the public toilets!
On my door was a piece of paper with the number 64, written on in biro, and stuck on with blu tac!
inside...well lets say had I broken the law..I would have got a similar room for free!
small, single bed, no curtains, bars on the windows, that looked out onto a wall!!,
lets try and cut this short, as to not lose you!

Tried to change nope, got no help off Thomsons rep,
even at the Thomson meeting, I didnt have any information, infact I wasnt even on her list!
At dinner my number on the table again was a piece of paper with room number written on it!
That room didnt exsist!
I paid a supplement for what was advertised in brocher...room with balcony, panaramic view!... not!
Other guests thought I worked there, as I kept going behind the bar! to my room...anyway the holiday was awfull, didnt sleep, as the noise in foye was bad,I kept bursting into tears, through tiredness, cleaners, and people meeting at 6am for their trips!waking me up.

got no money back, so the moto is... single people get the short straw!, dont go to this hotel single, or request confermation your room is one they advertise, and not a stock room!!

EXCELLENT VALUE

Myself and boyfriend stayed in this wonderful hotel in June this year, it is spotlessly clean and has recently been refurbished, the view is spectacular from the hotel and most rooms have a great view, some overlook the pool area. the staff could not have been more helpful, the rooms have aircon which was fantastic and were very clean and well seviced. the courtesy bus was handy and the local bus ran past the door regularly going to sorrento or along the Amalfi coast.
poolside snacks were very small in portion size this was our only complaint.
I would definately return to this hotel and would recommend it for couples.

Great little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LCW3108

La vue d'or is a great little hotel with stunning views overlooking Sorrento and the bay of Naples. Having read other people's reviews, I am surprised by those who give the hotel a bad press. It is not the kind of place where you would go and expect to be kept entertained by the pool all day - but who would want to go to such a lovely part of the world and do that?! The views are stunning, and the hotel offers an ideal base from which to explore the area, with a courtesy bus running regularly to Sorrento and local buses running right past the door. Admittedly, the food was nothing to write home about, but it was more than adequate after a day's sightseeing, and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Overall, a decent three star hotel at decent three star hotel prices. Surrounding area is absolutely fantastic and I couldn't recommend it enough.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member shadowlass

I do not agree with the last reviewer at all. We certainly never had the same food twice. I agree that the menu choices were limited compared to the larger hotels, but after all this is a family-run & very friendly hotel with magnificent views. A couple of evenings one of the choices was veal (which we will not eat out of principle) so we decided to take the opportunity to eat out. We were only served chips once - but unfortunately there were some people there who wanted more chips - it seems you can't please everyone. The food was as typically Italian as they were able to offer bearing in mind they had to cater for tourists.
Overall it was a wonderful place to stay - exceptionally clean and all the staff were extremely helpful & attentive.
The rooms were very clean (some have sea views - but all have balconies with table & chairs). The shuttle buses run regularly during the morning & evening periods & the SITA buses pick up just outside the hotel (1e to town) - The Hotel reception sell the SITA tickets & we bought a supply there.
We chose the hotel because of the views & we did not want to
situate ourselves in the noisy hustle-bustle of town. Everyone is different I know but I know we made the right choice and I recommend it totally.

Stunning views overlooking Sorrento

by TripAdvisor Member BigEd2

We stayed at the Vue d'Or for a week while doing Pompeii, Herculaneum, Amalfi, etc. Staff helpful and friendly. Room spotless and the bed comfortable and huge. Choice of food at evening meal limited and they had difficulty accomodating a vegetarian in the party at first, but the quality was generally good (apart from one rather leathery veal cutlet) and the home-made ice-creams superb. I gained 6 pounds in a week. Stunning views from the terraces. On a decent bus route from Sorrento train station with a stop virtually outside the front door. The only real minus was the intermittently noisy plumbing; but this is a hotel I certainly wouldn't mind visiting again.

Comments