Via Privata Rubinacci 6, Sorrento, Campania, 80065, Italy
Booking.com Venere.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Sorrento

The funicular takes you to the topThe funicular takes you to the top

Marina Grande, SorrentoMarina Grande, Sorrento

Sorrento Marina PiccolaSorrento Marina Piccola

Teatro TassoTeatro Tasso

santa agata

by prestwick

we are staying in Santa Agata in September, any suggestions on resturants or places to shop.

by Peter22

Sant Agata has a website, www.santagatasuiduegolfi.it/inglese/index.htm . This includes a town map showing bars, restaurants etc. It mentions the " famous Don Alfonso 1890 " restaurant.
best wishes
Peter.

by MonicaLouise

One of the highlights of my trip to Sorrento was hopping off the red double decker tourist bus in Sant Agata for a couple hours. I don't remember the name of the little roadside restaurant with the great pastries and coffee that I enjoyed but I'll never forget Ferdinando's market on the main drag. He has everything a tourist might need - snacks, beverages, cheese, etc. - but best of all was his private label limoncello. He offers tastings - and since this was prior to the "no liquids on the airplanes rule" I ended up buying two bottles to bring back to the states. He had special boxes just for that purpose - and this was among the best I've ever had.

by hiflya

We went to Don Alfonso last week.
Very expensive but it was probably the best meal I've ever had. It has the highest Michelin rating in southern Italy.
Even if you don't eat there, you need to walk down the drive and look at the property - very nice!

Travel Tips for Sorrento

Traffic and Flying Litter Alert

by Krystynn

Because we had to travel via a certain route in order to reach the port, this was what I noticed en route:

I noticed that most of the houses near the port of NAPLES looked badly depilated; the roads here were dirty with litter strewn all over the place and the pedestrians were DASHING across from one street to another without a care for their safety. My heart really did skip a beat.

Bust to Positano or Amalfi

by xristinaki

So Positano is a must see! We went on a sunday and the bus schedule may not be as predictable. The first bus that we saw was full, and we'd either wait for an hour or stand up. It was a nice day, so we just sat around and waited for the next. Meanwhile there are many angry tourist who missed the first bus because of a misundertanding of where the stop was. So we waited where we first saw the bus stop, but someone had ponited out that the next bus was to stop at another completely different area.....so after asking three different people who spoke very little english said 'no, up the stairs'....so we went up the stairs and watied at a bus stop..only to find other people going to another....finally we all rounded up and waited in one area....after much confusion and no direction, the bus came.....after many people pushing and cutting in the line (or crowd) we finally got in, but had to stand up. SO MY TIP....find out where the next bus will stop.

Also, this bus goes from sorrento to positano to amalfi. On the way back, the bus is likely to be packed due to the people getting on and filling the bus at the amalfi stop. This was a great concern, so we decided to take a boat (and pay ontop of the round trip ticket by bus). There was a huge crowd of people getting on the last boat, so make sure you get there early and line up at the right docking site.

Eventhough it was a little chaotic, this day trip was worth it.

Another friendly place

by leics about Taverna dell'800

It's a pub, really......well, a pub with restaurant tables (much the same as UK pubs nowadays). It's an old building, dating from the 18th century, and does have a pretty good atmosphere.

Nothing special, but the staff are very friendly and pleasant and the food is perfectly ok. They do three tourist menus at reasonable prices and a selection of individual dishes.

My friend liked the place, so we ate there twice. The tourist menus are ok pricewise (2 courses, some wine and some water) but my fish (first night) was pink in its thickest part and my octopus/squid (second) was rather rubbery. Both fish and octopus were ultra-fresh though, which is good, and the other courses (risotto one night, squid-ink pasta with shrimp the other) were very tasty.

There is a pianist who sings all the standards...'That's Amore', 'Funiculi, Funicula' etc etc.

They cater for school parties out of season, so be warned that you may find yourself surrounded by British, German or US teens. Sit in the first room, by the bar, if you wish to avoid that experience.

It's a pleasant enough place to eat in a mostly-closed Sorrento, and the friendly staff do make one feel comfortable.

O yes...they do serve Beamish and Guinness and stuff like that. If you absolutely must......

Day Trip: Herculaneum

by Jetgirly

Herculaneum can be combined with Pompeii for an excellent day-trip. It was a smaller town than Pompeii, with fewer residents and more wealthy residents. Buildings in Herculaeum are very well-preserved, and there are many samples of preserved organic materials including wood, rope and cloth. Upon entering the site you descend down and around the city, offering an exceptional birds-eye view of the site.

To reach Herculaneum, take the Circumvesuviana train to the Ercolano stop. Trains leave Sorrento every thirty minutes. Make sure to get the right train when you're coming back!

Marina Grande

by kentishgirl

As I said before, we came to Sorrento for the beach part of our trip. To be honest I was not over impressed.

However, from the beaches which we tried the Marina Grande was by far the best. The water isnt crystal clear, in fact around by the small boats that are moored here its very dirty with oil.
I was quite happy just to lie on the beach reading !!

Marina Grande was the quieter of the beaches we went to, I was suprised as it is the best known beach in Sorrento!

There are some small shops here where you can buy water and refreshments.

Comments