Delfino Hotel Sorrento

Via Nastro d'Oro 2, Sorrentina Peninsula, Massa Lubrense, Campania, 80067, Italy
Hotel Delfino
Hotels.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Costs 54% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Delfino Hotel Sorrento

Fabulous Hotel Delfino

by TripAdvisor Member Gritty

Have just returned from a fantastic holiday at the Hotel Delfino. The hotel was modern, clean and extremely comfortable.

The staff, food and setting were great. Everyone was so cheerful and polite.

I would not hesitate to suggest it is the best hotel I have ever stayed in abroad and the service and food rate as a 5 star hotel in England.

Will definitely return as soon as able to.

Amazing Stay

by TripAdvisor Member kbowden

My husband and I stayed 4 nights at the Hotel Delfino in May. It was the perfect ending to our two week trip to Italy. We received first class service from the moment we checked in until the moment we checked out. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We too took the boat trip to Capri right from the hotel and it was wonderful and very convenient. You leave at 9:00 and get back at 5:00. The hotel was immaculately clean, the rooms and bathrooms huge, the views absolutely breath-taking, and the breakfasts delicious. We only ate dinner at the hotel one night, but it was very good as well. If you want to eat out really close by, I highly recommend a trip to Nostra De Oro for fantastic pizza and fresh fish. They literally pull a cart up to the table with the morning's catch and you pick which fish you want them to cook and how. The restaurant has a perfect panoramic view, is really cheap, and the after dinner shots of limoncello flow freely. We loved this place so much we went 2 nights in a row. It's family run and the main waiter is a total riot.

Hotel Delfino is quite a ways from Sorrento and you really should have a car to enjoy exploring the cost. We took a fantastic hike one day to the tip of the peninsula and did the Amalfi drive another day (scary but well worth it if you have the guts). Positano was about a 45 minute drive, and then we went on to the town of Amalfi and to Ravello. Hotel Delfino is the perfect home base for trips to all of these places as well as Sorrento.

We will definitely come back to this hotel. It couldn't have been more perfect.

Absolutley Marvellous

We stayed at the hotel for 1 week at the beginning of June 2006 and I cannot find a single negative comment to write, The staff were marvellous and the food was brilliant every meal. We also had our wedding reception here and I can't tell you how happy we all were with everything they did for us. The food was perfect the staff were really helpfull and the attention to detail was beyond the call of duty. It made our wedding day so much more special having this reception and the Maitre Dee ( not sure how to spell it ) was the most helpful and happy person I could have imagined to have run the show. I would recommend this hotel for a whole range of people wanting to stay as we had older people in the wedding party and I had my 1 year old son and we all found it very suitable, there are a lot of steps down to the sea but it wasn't a problem even for my asthmatic mum. I would stay at the Delfino again without question it has they most wonderful staff, great food and the building itself is gorgeous, along with the rooms, spacious and very clean. If you choose to stay here I hope you have a great time, I know we did.

Absolutely Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member suncreeen

My mother and I spent a week at the Delfino at the end of our 3 week tour of Italy. It was the perfect end to a fabulous trip! The Delfino was a beautiful, comfortable hotel and the staff was top notch. We had a large room with two balconies overlooking Capri, a large bathroom with beautiful tilework and a large shower with more options than I could figure out! The french doors to the balconies had mechancial blinds that allowed many options for light/ air etc. The whole hotel was spotless and beautifully decorated. The saltwater pool & poolside bar & cafe were a perfect end to busy days of sightseeing to Pompeii, Capri, Amalfi, Sorrento etc. It was a nice time to get to know the groups of British tourists who fill this hotel for a week at a time. We enjoyed having the time to get to know people and share experiences.

Since the hotel is 20 minutes outside Sorrento (they have a free shuttle 4xa day) we opted for "half board" which means for 20 euros each we had dinner as well as breakfast in the beautiful hotel dining room with a panoramic view of the ocean and Capri. What a deal! We were delighted with the variety of choices for the four courses, (the desserts were especially amazing) the service, the fabulous food, and the wait staff. Breakfast buffet was excellent and varied.

The staff at this hotel were professional and went out of their way to accommodate our every request. From arranging tours & transportation from the hotel to helping us cancel our reservations in Naples so we could spend extra nights at the Delfino and comunicating with us via e mail prior to our arrival...we couldn't have asked for more. They are so multi lingual that I rarely got to practice my Italian which I had studied for a year!

This hotel is out in the country, away from the action and bustle of Sorrento and a good place to slow down, enjoy the beauty of the area, the food, conversation and La Dolce Vita. If you need night life and outside entertainment, don't stay here. It's quiet and perfect if you're looking for this type of experience.

Il paradiso

by TripAdvisor Member EstherVisser

My husband and I stayed her for the third time this year. And every year it is a bit more coming home.

All people who are working in the hotel are so friendly and give you the feeling that they really like it that you're with them. As well in the restaurant as on the pool.

My husband every year paints at least one painting from the fantastic view. About the dog, Critzia...it is the kindest dog on earth. How can anyone hate him? He doesn't do anything to anyone.

From everyroom with seaview you have the most beautiful view you can imagine.
The food is delicious. Every night.

For me this is a bit of paradise when I lay at the pool and see the sea. It gives me the relaxing mood I really need on my holiday.

We will be back next year...I know for sure. It everytime hurts when we are leaving.

Perefct!

by TripAdvisor Member DBfromLincoln

Just returned from a week at the Delfino, which I booked partly on the basis of reviews posted here. They're all correct! The hotel is very clean; the rooms are comfortable and (in our case) spacious; the staff are all friendly (the restaurant staff even more so) and it is situated in a stunning location. The food is awesome - especially loved the lamb with "aromatic vinegar". The menu descriptions were a little 'interesting' sometimes - "Gilthead of the Golf" anyone? (Sea Bass as it transpires!).

The free shuttle bus service is great for those who do not wish to drive into Sorrento - it runs 4 times a day (inc sunday, unlike some hotels). As this hotel is about 20mins out of town, a few days car hire would make it easier to get out and about exploring either the Sorrentine pennisula or the Amalfi coast - a must see experience!

The hotel pool is great (although very salty!) and was never crowded. There was never any hassle with sunloungers / parasols etc. The poolside bar is open from about 9 - 6 every day providing cappucino, beer, coke, crisps etc (just sign against your room number: - cost = about 3 euros per drink) and there is a good selection of luchtime meals - from pasta to omelette & chips! (between 7 and 10 euro per person). The small, private "beach" (volcanic grit really, like all in this area) is in a lovely, secluded bay down about a hundred steps (watch out for the cute little lizards!).

It is true that the hotel is quiet with little night life available but my wife, teenage daughter and I found it to be relaxing and peaceful. It was our first visit to Italy and we are already thinking about our next trip - if we go to the same region we will not even consider staying anywhere else.

This should be a 5 star Not a 4 star

by TripAdvisor Member Bobulous

We have just returned from a two week stay in the Delfino and are absolutely confident this will not be our last. This is a beautiful hotel with fabulous views from our room and also from our table in the restaurant - what a sunset. Standards of cleanliness are superb throughout the hotel. The food was wonderful, we enjoyed the buffet, the gala dinner and of course the excellent choice of food every other evening. This is the first holiday in a long time where we did not have to 'book' sunbeds and you could be guaranteed one at any time of the day. After having taken the courtesy bus into Sorrento we were so glad not to be staying there and much preferred the tranquility of the Delfino. Don't think that meant boring - we met so many wonderful people from all over the world and enjoyed drinks (one or two!!) with them in the terrace bar - try out the special cocktails from the barman! A boat trip to Capri is a must and so easily arranged through the hotel, at a fraction of the cost of the tour operators.
The thing that helped to make our holiday was undoubtedly the staff - Massimo, Vincento, Rafaelle, Luige and Adolfo just to name a few. They were the friendliest and most accommodating we have met. We are already planning our next visit and can't wait to get back. Thank you.

P.S We think the dog is wonderful.
(Visiting from Scotland)

Quiet friendly hotel with spectacular views.

by TripAdvisor Member Roserededzulu

My wife and I enjoyed a week at this beautiful, quiet and well positioned hotel with very friendly staff. This was our first holiday without the kids for many years.

The memory of the sea vista from our room will stay with me for a long time and I intend to come back.

A small critiscism is that it would be helpful to have either a kettle in the room or a better room service.

Sea food and eat it!

by TripAdvisor Member Barones

I only booked the holiday online a few days prior to going and I had not been to the Amalfi Coast before so it was going to be a hit-and-hope scenario. The majority of the feedback had been very favourable so my wife and I took the plunge and booked the Delfino. The first thing to realise is that it is on a peninsula about 5km from the town of Massa Lubrense so it is advisable to either hire a car or take advantage of the frequent shuttle services put on by the hotel.
The first thing that we noticed on arrival was the cleanliness of the hotel and when we were shown to our room, it provided us with one of the finest views that I have encountered in several years of extensive travel. The trip is worth the money for the view alone.
What made our stay enjoyable were the hard working, enthusastic, courteous and often amusing waiting/bar staff. It is refreshing to see people that clearly enjoy their work and who genuinely care for the customers. Special praise must go to Luigi in the resaturant, Raphael in the bar and the irrepressible Vincenzo who runs the pool and lunch dining area. The lunch menu is typical of the region, so if you have a love of fresh frutti di mare as I do, washed down with a chilled rose, with views across the Amalfi Coast to Capri then life doesn't get much better. Which is why we were a little disappointed that the main evening restaurant is indoors and brightly lit, I think they are missing a trick there. Wines are respectably priced though and a reasonable selection is available to suit all palates.
We opted for B&B rather than half board as we wanted to experience the delights of Sorrento, Positano and Capri, all of which can be accessed with prior arrangement with the hotel (we decided against car hire) A shuttle bus goes to and from Sorrento 4 times a day courtesy of the hotel, but the timetable can be subject to change without warning so be aware! Boat trips from the hotel to Capri, Positano and Amalfi are a must and very good value. We also undertook the excursion to Vesuvio and Pompeii, but beware of hidden costs not included in the trip that the hotel are not aware of (?). i.e. Entance fees to the sights plus an arranged lunch which doubled the cost of the excursion, so make sure you ask them before comitting yourself. If there was one small critisism of our trip it was that communication by front-of -house was not a strong point, polite but vacant would be the best description, and there was no information about the hotel in the room.
Overall however, the region is beautiful and the hotel location is fantastic to get away from it all. I would highly recommend staying at the Delfino but remember it isn't 5*. Would I return? Absolutely.

Absolutely wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member Lide

We enjoyed our stay so much we felt we should share the experience. The room was terrific, large and clean with a superb bathroom and the view - bellissimo! All the staff were friendly and helpful. Food was very good, the evening meal great value and we enjoyed a few pre and after dinner cocktails at the terrace bar. The mini bus to Sorrento meant we could go into town for dinner and still have a glass of wine. A place to totally relex and unwind. We will certainly return, the best hotel ever!

Fresco, PompeiiFresco, Pompeii

Vela BiancaVela Bianca

Hills above AmalfiHills above Amalfi

Train stop at PompeiiTrain stop at Pompeii

Naples Airport to Sorrento

by stefanosjb

I realize that this question has been asked many times but I will ask it again with your patience. On January 4th,2008 we will be arriving in Naples at approximately 4:55pm. We would like to take a bus from the airport to Sorrento.When is the last bus leaving for Sorrento, and if we miss it, how else can we get from the airport to our destination without having to stay over night or taking the train. We are going from Rochester, New York to Philadelphia to Paris to Naples. The easier the better. Thank you.

by mccalpin

The website http://www.curreriviaggi.it/ shows that the last bus with this company leaves at 19:30 and arrives in Sorrento at 20:45.

If you miss this bus, you could take a taxi - although this will be frightfully expensive - or, even though you don't want to, take the train. To take the train, you will first take the bus from the airport to Napoli Centrale (the Alibus leaves every 20 minutes from the airport to Piazza Garibaldi where the main train station is), then go downstairs in the main train station (Napoli Centrale) to the Circumvesuviana station (this is a private railroad), and take the train out to Sorrento (Sorrento is the end of the line). The Circumvesuviana runs about every 30 minutes until about 22:44.

Bill

by Kakapo2

The train is fabulous. Why don't you want to take it?

by maria.c

The last bus from the airport to Sorrento leaves at 19.30, so I think you won't miss it! But if you miss it it would be harder because the bus from the airport goes to the train station and then the train to Sorrento. Taking a taxi it is very easy, but expencive, about 100€ . If you want you can book a transfer with a private car. If you need any information I'm here.

Maria