Grand Hotel La Pace

Grand Hotel la Pace
Hotels.com Orbitz.com Venere.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• great hotel

A bit further out, not really able to walk every day, but the hotel runs buses to and from sorrento, although there are none in the middle of the day.

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms were lovely and clean. Stunning entance hall, great size pool.

Breakfast is included and was lovely, with everything you could want to eat or drink, dinner was ok, a bit expensive for what you get, although some guests stayed in the hotel for dinner every night, dont do this!

Unique Quality: Do pay a bit extra for a sea view, you miss out if you dont.

More about Grand Hotel La Pace

Great hotel, especially if you enjoy walking!

by TripAdvisor Member worldtraveller68

I love to walk, as did the friends I met up with in Italy. So despite the fact that we had to walk downhill a bit into town, the location never bothered us. Sorrento is a beautiful down, and the Grand Hotel La Pace felt like a new hotel that was "classical European luxury meets Neapolitan Italy."

My friends and I stayed in a room with 2 twins and a cot. The room was spacious, the tile floor beautiful. The bathroom was also big, and the room had a balcony that looked out into a garden. The amenities of the hotel were nice, including a pretty big pool on a deck overlooking the driveway. And the room we stayed in was air conditioned. Although it wasn't too hot when I was there, I can imagine it being necessary.

The breakfast was good. The feature I was most impressed with was wireless internet in the hotel rooms. You have to pay a fee for it, but the fact that it was available made my day.

My friends and I stayed for 2 nights, and we all really liked it. It is a very nice hotel, and I think as more people learn of it the hotel will become more popular.

great poolside area

by TripAdvisor Member LizzyW

Good hotel in an OK location for us since I was driving, not a great location if you want to get into Sorrento on foot, it's a bit too far.

I am a web designer and booked the hotel on teh strength of the Wireless internet but apparently it was 'broken' when I was there and no apology made so a bit dissapointing.

Rooms were quite large, room service expensive but overall ok value for money.

What a Hideous Chandalier!

Although the service and breakfast at the hotel were good.. the location is not close to the town at all.. The hotel has the most obnoxious interior decoration and the rooms are really small . The seaview was far away in the horizon... at the price there are plenty of better hotels around...

Lovely Hotel...but!

Stayed in La Pace in July 05, the hotel is nice, rooms are a good size with proper air con. The breakfast was great, all sorts of breads and pastries, However, the hotel is very difficult to find, i arrived on the Circumvensuvia & after much battling with a map and aimlessly walking around i had to take a taxi.
The hotel charge too much for room service €11 before you order food, also drinks & ice cream very expensive at the pool bar! €11 for two Cornettos...steer clear!! The pool is lovely & much nicer than paying into one of the local beaches in Sant Agnello.
Internet access is also a rip off, €5 for 10 minutes access, ridiculous!
The hotel bus into Sorrento is great, reliable & convienent. It is a little too far to walk.

The only 5 stars at this Hotel are on the name plate.

The hotel is quite a ways off of Corso Italia (main street through Sorrento) away from the water. Amongst a derelict residential area, the hotel does not look bad from the outside. Upon entering the lobby, it also looks ok. You leave your passports at the reception desk for around 30 minutes or so because the hotel has to register them. Also, they take your car keys in case they have to move your car since there is no alotted parking, but parallel parking along the entry drive. We were escorted by the reception staff to the room. However, the room we received was not at all what we expected. The size is good, but there were small hairs all over the sink and toilets when we arrived. The curtains were closed, which we thought was strange. Upon opening them, we found double doors that faced a wall covered in plywood! It is about four feet from the window. Below the doors is a lovely view of a neglected alley where the employees park their mopeds. A bottle of sparkling wine was delivered shortly after our arrival, which was a nice touch. The air conditioner also works so we had a cool room when we returned from a hot day. However, this is the minimum I would expect from a 5 star hotel.

The pool area is on a terrace on the second level. There is a nice view of Mount Vesuvius from there although the smog line across Naples is a bit disconcerting. The pool itself is very small with screaming children running about. There is a snack bar out at the pool, but after ordering espressos and croissants, we only received the espressos.

The walk into town is rather tedious with very narrow sidewalks (there are none until you get to the main road by the church), and the smell of exhaust can make you quite nauseous.

You cannot use a personal hair dryer (there is a strange one in the bathroom) or a clothes iron in the room.

The restaraunt looks to be formal and pretentious, but the food is not very good, it is expensive, and the wait staff were not very service-oriented. We ate there one night only. There is a 5 euro cover charge along with a 15% service fee. Although, there was no 15% worth of service provided.

If you seeking a true 5 star hotel, spend your money elsewhere.

Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member BCGibson

We booked this hotel on the internet as a 5 star hotel for the second week of our honeymoon. Having stayed at two other 5 star hotels the week before in Scotland then Rome, this was a big let down for us. When we arrived we were put in a room which was small and had no room for our suitcases. The bathroom did not even have room for a bath only a small shower tray and curtain. Not what we expected for a 5 star room.

On complaining we were moved to another room the next day which was double the size and had a proper bathroom. That said we still feel the accommodation of the hotel was more 3+ star than 5.

The good points of the hotel would be the friendly and helpful staff and the restaurant. My husband requires a gluten free diet and the hotel were most helpful in ensuring his meals were suitable.

The location was not good, in the middle of a residential area and far from the coastline. We did know it was further up the hill but not so far inland.

For the money I would say there are better hotels in main Sorrento with much better views also.

Averaage in everyway

Absolutely not a 5 star hotel.
Location 2 1/2 stars, although the hotel did provide a shuttle to centre of Sorrento
Room- 3 star, very poor quality rooms. We were shown 4 different rooms, all of which were poor. A couple of them had a shower curtain (something you would not expect in a 5 star hotel). We were then given a suite. This is the type of room you would expect if you came to a 5 star hotel.

Breakfast was not relaxing and the food was average, with not a great selection. One positive was having a chef to cook eggs the way you want.
The swimming pool was very small and of an odd shape, making it impossible to swim properly.
The views of Sorrento are good, but wherever you are in Sorrento, you would expect this.
This is a 4 star hotel, but location brings it to a 3 star +

Loved Sorrento enjoyed La Pace

Just come back from a week in Sorrento and enjoyed my stay at la Pace. Location is not central in Sorrento, but is 5 minutes walk to Sant Agnello station on the Circumvesuviana train (Pompei 2stops, Sorrento 1 stop, Naples 35 minutes) which made my sightseeing really easy, in the evening I used my car to go and see other smaller towns along the coast avoiding the August congestion of Sorrento, in fact the location of La Pace is really quite far from the traffic noise. In addition the hotel has a shuttle bus to Sorrento if you like a bit of shopping, anyone married will understand!
My room was a good size and the bathroom was clean everyday to perfection. Altough we did not dine at the hotel the breakfast was fantastic and what we needed for a full day of on the Coast. Pool was busy but no overly so, and definetely better than private lidos in Sorrento.
Overall La Pace offered a very good value for money and I will definetely use it again when in Sorrento

great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member ivydene1

the hotel was great, from the train station it was up a steep hill but well worth the walk up to it. the rooms where very nice and the air con good. the maid service was excellent little chocs put on the pillow every night. the pool bar was expensive as all 5 star hotels are. 5 euroes for a beer...but I would happily stay here again as the village is wonderful....

Comments