Via S Antonio 13, Sorrento, Campania, 80067, Italy

stedeb's Profile Photo

Hilton Sorrento

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 2, 2012

Can't say it is the best Hilton I have ever stayed at it is to far out of the centre of Sorrento with a steep climb back up the hill or a €20 taxi ride. The breakfast is good and the rooms are quite big but a little dated. There is a fridge but no tea or coffee making facilities and the safe you pay for. These seem to be quite the norm in UK & Europe but not when you travel in Australia or Asia. There is no free WIFI but is reasonable at €7 for 24 hours and is pretty quick.
The staff seem to have an attitude problem and are neither friendly or helpful.

Unique Quality: The hotel does have a great pool area unfortunately we were too busy checking out Capri & Positana we had no time to use it

Travjack's Profile Photo

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 4, 2008

We have just returned from a six day stay at the Sorrento Hilton in early April 2008. We used our HH points for the stay. It's a 40k per night Hilton but if you stay the minmum 6 nights it'll set you back 175k pts. A Deal. Last year we stayed at the Molina Stuckey Hilton in Venice and I use the Stuckey as a frame of reference for the Sorrento Hilton.

The hotel was built in 1981 and Hilton added it to their inventory in about 2001. Thus, it has an old and tired feel to it thought they intend to invest money it and spruce it up. Considering that top dollar is req'd to stay there it is somewhat of a disappointment. The interior ambience is a combo of kitsch and corny. The 7 pools that they advertise are all linked by overfalls, some are tiny. They're ok.

We were looking forward to a jacuzzi or a sauna or a steam room but none exist. The inside pool is claustrophobic and smells of chlorine.

Reading what I've written, I sound "way" too critical. I've stayed in many a $10-$20 hotel. Plenty of hostels. That's ok. I expect a roach or two. But when I stay at a Luxury Hilton for big macaroons I want quality. The view over the Bay of Naples is spectacular. Vesuvius jumps up into your lap. The smell of orange bloosms in April and the birds tweetin at dawn is most welcome. An element of Romance is oh so tangible.

The balcony outside our room had a table and 2 chairs to enjoy the panorama though there are no privacy barriers so you and 40 others share your balcony view. It's a 15 minute walk down into town. Down, that is. Which means that it's a 20 minute back up from town. Up, that is. A taxi from down below will cost you $25 usd.

Sorrento itself is cozy, touristic, with 3 streets that run parallel to the main street. We were there in early April. I imagine with trepidation what it must be like in July and August. You could give me a free week at the Hilton in Sorrento in July and I wouldnt take it. The touristic density, I am told, is horrific.

Unique Quality: Spectacular view over the Bay of Naples.
Mount Vesuvius is right there on the horizon.
No jacuzzi, sauna, steam room.
If your lame or limp it's a long walk up from town.

Directions: From the train station its a 20 minute walk up a gentle incline.

Krystynn's Profile Photo

The Hotel with the Million-Dollar View

by written on November 22, 2002

We stayed at the splendid resort-like Hilton Sorrento Palace Hotel which overlooked the stunning Bay of Naples.

The area/ neighborhood around here seemed fine. Another plus point is its location (the hotel is just a short distance away from downtown).

Unique Quality: The million-dollar views overlooking the Bay of Naples!! 'Tis worth every cent of your money.

Directions: Located a short (walking) distance away from the historical downtown area.

Nearby Hilton Sorrento Palace

• Beverage Selection
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Sorrento Travel Forum

Need advice about Sorrento, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Sorrento and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sorrento hotel reviews