Via Capo 29, Sorrento, Campania, 80067, Italy

Hotels.com Expedia.com Venere.com

Costs 66% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Sorrento's "BEST" Hotel

My partner Bev' and i holiday abroad as much as we can, and our favourite place is Sorrento. Our favourite hotel is the Hotel Belair. Not just in Sorrento, but the best we have ever found. The staff are excellent, the Maitre De Michele, (sorry if i mispelt it) is a wonderful host, remembering everyone, and making sure everyone is dealt with in an honestly friendly manner.
    The food is 5* quality, no running buffet, just table waiter service,absolutely excellent.
    The views from the lounge terrace at night are breathtaking, and very romantic, the first time we stayed here we spent every evening just sitting,relaxing, marvelling at the views, and wishing we could stay there forever.
    There are less expensive, and more convenient hotels, in Sorrento, but if you want a personal friendly luxary hotel,,,,Hotel Belair is the "BEST", we will never stay anywhere else.

Directions: Just a few min's walk to town centre

More about Hotel Belair

Bellisima

by TripAdvisor Member ntaormina

Stayed 5 days at the Hotel Belair and we absolutely loved it. We had booked a double superior but were informed at check in that a junior suite had become available and took it. The room was fabulous but hardly necessary since we were out all day exploring. The double superiors are just as nice. We loved the hotel, close to town, marvelous views and quiet. We were there when Italy won the World Cup and loved celebrating with the Italians but loved it even more that we couldn't hear them celebrating all night long.

Incredible, wonderful staff, the best views in Sorrento

by TripAdvisor Member annmarie1122

My boyfriend and I just got back from our trip to Rome and Sorrento. We are from NYC and are 32 years old. After a long drive from Basiliacata to Sorrento, we arrived at about 9pm and were given room 111 which unfortunately had a tree blocking most of what I knew would be a wonderful view. I called the front desk who were so nice the entire trip and was told that they would swtich our room in the morning. Other than the obstructed view, that standard room was very pretty with a nice size balcony with a table and chairs and a huge bathroom I would have been fine with another standard room with a better however, to our wonderful surprise, that next morning they upgraded us, at no extra charge, to a suite that was double the size of my Manhattan apartment, with an enormous balcony and a breath taking view. Truly unbelievable. The room had a four poster canopy bed with a huge bathroom and was just amazing. The hotel itself is beautiful. I think that every room (almost 100% sure) has a view and the staff is amazing - nothing at all is too much trouble. They are very helpful, sweet and very attentive. Every evening they come around to your room and will leave extra towels. The buffet breakfast is excellent. The entire hotel has incredible rooms, very old world antique fixtures and and very colorful. There is a view from every spot in the hotel, from the pool to the reception to the breakfast room. I chose this hotel over some others because of the fact that it was not on the road side and that it was built into the moutain. I am glad I did, I feel like it made a big difference in terms of views and noise. All you look out onto is a view and the sea - it's so peacful and secluded. I also liked that the hotel was one of the last on the road leading to Positano. I didn't mind the 15 minute walk up/down the hill to get to the town area. I'd rather be away from all of that. We only had lunch at the hotel once, which was amazing, but I read through the whole menu and they had so many great things on the menu. If you were to choose a meal plan I think that you would be very satisfied. My room # was 214 - ask for it if you can - it will not disappoint. The pool is beautiful, opens onto the sea with 100% unobstructed views of the sea. This was probably the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in and def. had the best views of all the hotels we passed by in Sorrento. I highly recommed this hotel if you want to have some peace and quiet, beauty and an amazing view. I will say that the hotel did have some events at the piano bar at night, we did not go to any but everyone looked like they were having a lot of fun. I would def. stay at this hotel again - without hesitation. It was truely an amazing experience.

Serenity in Sorrento

by TripAdvisor Member Baidun

We spent 4 nights in Belair in late June, coinciding with the World Cup quarter-finals. Every goal against Ukraine by Italy resulted in a cannon going off somewhere in the hills behind and the final whistle in fireworks along the Naples Bay. When you watch England lose (again) on a big screen in a Sorrento piazza-bar, accompanied by Neapolitan pizza, the pain is more bearable.

The hotel balcony view is superb, although there was a haze during our stay (which meant that our drive along the Amalfi Coast probably gave better views than any boat ride). The views from the hotel are superb, especially if you get up for sunrise, with an interesting walk down the mountain cliff from the pool bar. The pool is a small but quiet place (for bathing, not swimming). Sorrento still retains charm, but if you have the wallet and want to see one of the best wine cellars in Italy, go 15 minutes for lunch at Don Alfonso - we were the only customers on our visit.

Truly wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member Charnock

We stayed at this hotel for the second year running and are still so taken aback by the stunning views over the Bay of Naples and Sorrento.

This hotel offers great value for money together with friendly and attentive service from all their staff. The rooms are typically Italian in their appearance, simple and elegant.

Their menus choices are good and food is a plenty.

We will definitely go back again!!

Great views, rooms and staff: pity about the food.

by TripAdvisor Member Barry Lynch

The views from this hotel are stupendous, a crescent of colour curving around the bay from the vaguely sinister cone of Vesuvius to the attractive confusion of Sorrento. Also lovely to dine on the terrace in the declining evening light. We stayed in a suite, which was large and well-appointed. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The guests are mostly affable English or Irish types. You can walk down some steps to a small harbour that reminded me of Italy thirty years ago, with fishermen mending nets and little cafes serving sardines. Hotel gripes: the food is uninspiring, and lacked panache, the wine list limited and breakfast hardly worth getting-up for. For evening meals, you'd be much better off walking into Sorrento. Also, the rooms should have a tea/coffee maker - a fairly standard feature in hotels these days.

Loved it

by TripAdvisor Member JROW2

We stayed at the Bel Air for one week in July. The hotel is slickly decorated and feels like a 1930's time-warp from the uniforms of the porters to the furniture in the rooms, which was fantastic.

As a couple we do not usually use a lot of the Hotel amenities, especially when staying somewhere so steeped in culture and history, eg. Pompeii and Herculaneum on 30mins drive away. With that in mind I cannot really talk about the food, or the pool but judging by the service I received I am sure they are fantastic. I will certainly return to the Bel Air.

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jjamckeznie

My wife and I travelled with Thomsons and stayed at the Belair from June 16th to the 30th 2006.
The staff are excellent and make the hotel. Beds are turned down every night and towels changed twice daily. You can also swap an evening meal for lunchtime if you are half board. They have a wonderful system where you can book down all lunch time meals and drinks etc to your room. Our bill was correct at the end of a 2 week stay. Daily beach towels, sunbeds and safety deposit boxes are free of charge. The view from our balcony was superb. All rooms have a sea view. We were in room 302 which is floor minus 3 down in the rocks , just above the pool. We found this to be lovely and cool and noticed this when we got out of the lift. Because the hotel is built into the rocks the reception is below the road then all the floors below that. The cruise ships passed by so close sounding their horns that they just about blew our wine glasses off the balcony. The restaurant is beautiful with a outside terrace. You can dine on the terrace for breakfast or eveining meal and take in the spectacular view looking down onto the Marina Grande and out to mount Vesuvius. At breakfast the chef will make you bacon and eggs/scrambled boiled or whatever you would like. There were many return guests while we were there and I can only praise this hotel and would stay here again. You can walk down from the hotel pool area 150 steps to the Marina Grande. There is a bus back up but the main bars are in the town centre about 10 mins walks from the hotel. We would highly recommend this hotel, the food is excellent as are the staff, yes we will return.

Belair: the heart of Sorrento

by TripAdvisor Member LuPeter

This was our second visit to the Belair and were just as good as our first visit. We had an incredible time. From the service to the food and decor / facilties was faultless. The staff were genuine and welcoming and could not do enough for us. The food was superb and the staff were eager to please. The atmosphere was very friendly and not at all pretentious.

The rooms were top notch and were very clean. Room service and the bar were also of excellent quality. The views from every room were breathtaking. We will definately return next year.

View from the Guide Book!

by TripAdvisor Member Hank88

If we had only the porch of our room with its view, we would give this hotel an excellent. The picture in our guide book was taken from almost exactly the same spot. We were in a Double Room with a Sea View for $300 per night and it was worth it as our first two nights on the Amalphi Coast.

We never ate in the restaurant but the staff behind the desk was always very helpful in answering our questions that they have surely heard a thousand times before.

We also liked Sorrento and found it to be a good place to explore the rest of the area. No problem getting boats to Capri, Positano, Amalphi, etc.

Travelling to Six Countries in July

by Tango&CBU

This site came highly recommended by my cousin, who has been all over. I am travelling to Europe July 4 until August 1. Flying in and out of Paris. While I lived in France, I am looking for suggestions for accomodations in Tuscany, Austria, Switzerland - Am open to any suggestions. I would like a villa in Tuscany for five nights.
Thanks

by amortizor

While in Switzerland, you might like to stay at Le Mirador in Mont Pelerin. It is just above Vevey and between Geneva and Laussanne. It is about 3500 feet in elevation with breath taking views of the Alps and the city of Vevey below. There are beautiful vineyards all around as well as nice places eat. It is expensive but everything is expensive in Switzerland.

by Tango&CBU

Hi- Thanks so much - I lived in France for over a year a long time ago - and I realize that Switzerland and in particular Vienna are especially expensive. I have friends in Brussels, a cousin in Germany, still many friends in France, so if you have any more suggestions for Switzerland, Austria, I would love to hear about them. As well my daughter is 9 and is a great traveller - if you can think of anything she would really be interested in that would be awesome
Cheers.
S.

by royalempress

Why not stay in the "Bread Basket of Italy", Umbria. We enjoy staying at the Locanda Rosati which is only a few Km from the hill town of Orvieto. The Villa/Farm house serve the majority of their food that has been grown/raised at the Inn. Tuscany is only a few km away.

by travelfrosch

Hi, and welcome to VT!

Posting a question here in the Travel Forum is certainly a good idea, especially for the Tuscan villa recommendation... but you might also benefit from exploring the various travel pages of the places you want to visit. Transportation, hotel, and things to do tips are already written and ready for your viewing. :) Just use the "search destinations" box in the top right-hand corner of the page to get started.

Enjoy your trip!

Mark

by vpas

hi,
in switzerland if you are going to saasfee(it is surely worth the trip)you could stay at hotel imseng.you will find it in bedandbreakfast.ch..in grindelwald you could try hotel belair eden which is just outside the station,in zurich you could stay at IPR guest house.all the places that i have mentioned are centrally located yet peaceful and reasonalbly priced.comfortable and clean.
my suggestions for switzerland would be
saasfee