Hotel Conca Park

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Conca Park

Thanks to the staff at the Hotel Conca Park

My husband and I have just returned from a short stay in Rome followed by 4 days at the Conca Park in Sorrento. The journey to Sorrento was very stressful as we travelled by public transport, Metro in Rome, train to Naples and circumventia to Sorrento, unfortunately being targetted by pickpockets en route. We arrived in Sorrento penniless and without my husbands credit cards not knowing where to turn. finally arriving at the hotel tired weary and feeling very upset, wishing we had never come.
This was changed on arrival at the Conca Park by the outstandingly warm welcome from the young woman receptionist at the bottom desk, who came out from behind her desk arms outstreched to greet us taking our luggage and transporting us up the tunnel to main reception in the hotel buggy. She was so kind and friendly and we were so impressed by the entrance to the hotel. Again at main reception the staff could not have been kinder or more helpful and helping us to make calls to contact our bank and credit card company to report what had happened.
We found our stay at the Conca Park very pleasant, all the staff were friendly and could not do enough for you. The food was good exept for one night when we arrived towards the end of the time allocated for Dinner and the 'young cockeral' that we ordered was a bit dried out and rather disappointing but we put that down to our fault for being late. Breakfast was a little strange to out tastes with dishes such as russian salad, or profiteroles and other deserts on offer, but there was also fruit ,yogurt , cereals, rolls ham and cheese to choose from, and on our last day the best scrambeled eggs I've ever tasted. We certainly never went hungry.Our room overlooking the cliff had a large balcony that got a little sun in the afternoon and we enjoyed the pool and sunbathing area later when the sun had moved around.
The only disappointment was on the last night when we had a Gala dinner and promised Neopolitan music which never happened. The dinner was very good but we were disappointed that the guitarist did not play. A little entertainment in the evening would go a long way to make this hotel perfect.

Best holiday in years - Conca Park Sorrento

My husband and I have just had a fantastic holiday for 2 weeks at the Conca Park. We were a little dubious before we travelled after reading several reviews which mentioned bad/little food. This must have now been addressed as we found the contrary in fact we both put on weight on holiday and thoroughly enjoyed all the meals. We found ample portions and very good choice with no repetition in our 14 day stay.

The only negative comment we would have is that the pool did permit diving and also floatation objects (ie lilo's) although there were signs saying these were not permitted in the pool. It would have been much more pleasant if these were not permitted (ie the pool attendant had pointed this out to the culprits).

Sorrento itself is beautiful, plenty to do. The Thomson Amalfi Drive and lunch was very good. We would recommend that you make your own way to Capri and Positano on the boat and also Pompei on the train.

Thoroughly enjoyable holiday and we would definitely recommend this hotel. We were very upset we had to come home!

Poor food & service at Hotel Conca Park

June 2005
Package holiday customers.

We had booked our holiday to stay at this hotel for seven nights, but on arrival in Italy we were informed that the hotel had double booked our rooms so we had to spend the first two nights at The Belair, a four star 'superior' hotel. (The Italian tourist board give it this rating.) An excellent hotel in all respects.

The Conca Park is a clean & modern hotel but is badly let down by the quality & quantity of the food and the indifferent service of the restaurant staff. On one evening, our main course consisted of a small chicken breast, six pieces of saute potato and a portion of spinach. Some desserts from the night before appeared again at breakfast the following morning.

Rooms are fitted with an empty, locked fridge the key of which has to be obtained from reception at a cost of 15 euros per week! A sunbed by the pool is 5 euros per day or part of and a towel is 2.5 euros. We didn't expect all these extra charges at a four star hotel.

If you are going to Sorrento, stay at The Belair, you will not be disappointed.

Poor Service but Hotel OK

I stay in lots of hotels and the service at Conca Park is bad, the waiting staff don't know what to do and the food is below par even for the UK. But the Hotel is very nice and the pool is relaxing and the Sorrento area is worth every penny. The rooms are clean and tidy, and even feels life a 5star in places as the decor is so nice. I'd stay there again despite the service but don't be affraid to be pushy as otherwise you don't get bread, a glass for your drink or even basic serivce.

reccomended

my husband and I have just returned after spending two weeks at the Conca Park Hotel. It is the best hotel that I have stayed in. The room was clean and welcoming ( ours was also very spacious) we had a fridge and safe in the room, the room was cleaned every day, and the towels changed daily. The staff were always helpful, polite and interested (they may not really have been interested in our day but they certainly made us feel that they were). The food was very good with six choices of starter and main courses every day, it was always well cooked. We came home saying that it was the best holiday ever. If I were to make one small criticism it would be that we were actually on our honeymoon and although they were informed by the travel agents the hotel did nothing to mark this occasion.

Great Hotel

We have just come back from a week at the Conca Park and were a little worried having first read some of the reviews. We were very impressed when we arrived and had no hold ups at reception. Our bags arrived at our rooms within 10 minutes. Our rooms were small but comfortable and one of our rooms had a fantastic view. The air conditioning was a real treat although it did not work properly in one of the rooms but a quick call to reception had it sorted.
We found the menus to be, on the whole absolutely fine. Some nights were better than others but there was plenty of choice and although slightly small portions, we never went hungry. Our son is a very fussy eater but every evening the head waiter made sure he had something to eat; a different shape pasta everynight! It was really appreciated. The Gala night was great: set menu with 4 courses but my husband didn't like the first course so they offered him something else. We found all the waiters to be attentive and friendly. The bar staff were great too and made a fuss of both our kids. Breakfast was slightly hit and miss with last nights pudding on choice but again we always found something to eat. We ate most days in the snack bar which is good quality and there is also a coffee shop by the pool with waiter service.
The hotel is ideally located for Sorrento centre - it is only a 5 minute walk but there is no noise from the road at the hotel at all. Watch out for the fireworks in the evening thou as they are very noisy and can sometimes take you by surprise! The centre absolutely comes alive at night and the little side streets and alleyways are a delight.
We would definately go back to Sorrento and definately stay in the Conca Park.

a good hotel but a few disappointments

I came back from my holiday just yesterday and had a pretty good time. The Conca Park hotel is excellently located, it has stunning views and is peaceful but also very close to the centre of Sorrento. The reception staff are very helpful as we were firstly put in a very small room for the first 3 nights of our holiday, we were disappointed as we did not expect it to be so small, it also had a bad view of a dome and the cliff also with no outdoor space/balcony. We decided to ask to change rooms and the lady at reception did everything out of her way to get us a better room, she did and it was twice the size with a small outdoor space but facing the cliff. The bigger room only cost us an extra 10 euros so we were very happy.

I have to say though that although quite a few people have mentioned that the rooms were cleaned very well, ours was not. When we first moved in to our second bigger room there was hair from the people before us all over the bathroom floor, the sink and shower was also dirty as was the floor in the actual room, the sheets didnt get changed either so we complained about that, they changed out sheets but did nothing about the dirty floor so we put up with it.

Restaurant and bar service was very good, everyone was helpful and efficient. The food was nice but not enough variety, the starter was also always bigger than the main course for some strange reason. The ice cream was delicious but it was gorgeous in every place we bought some because of course its an italian speciality.

The pool was lovely, big and usually warm. I was disappointed though that it shuts at 6pm every night even when its still very light and warm temperatures, one member of the pool staff was very rude treating us like we were in the army or something when it came to clearing everyone, even people who were on sunbeds relaxing away from the pool area. Also I thought it was appauling to be charged 5 euros for a sunbed, we had alread paid a lot of money for the hotel, there should be no extra charges!

One thing I warn everyone who stays at the hotel is that the rep is not very good, she told us that she would go to reception to get all the prices of the rooms and leave us a note by half 10. (this was when we wanted to change to a bigger room)At 11 i went down to get the note, there was none, i went again a few times in the day and it never came, in the end I had to sort it out myself . Thank goodness the lady at recpetion was so helpful. Also when it came to going home to Manchester aiport we were put on the coach to naples airport at 7:45 along with people flying to luton. Our flight was at 12:40, check in at 10:40, we arrived at the aiport at 9 o'clock! We had to wait over an hour to check in, Luton's flight was an hour before us so why on earth were we put on a coach with them! We arrived far too early and there was nowhere to sit!!! We were very angry and conviniently our rep disappeared. I felt sorry for the other thomson reps who had to deal with everyone, they did a good job! As for ours, well she wasnt even there!

Overall our holiday was very good, we went to mount vesuvius, Pomepei and Rome, a bit expensive but worth it!

Had to come home :(

by TripAdvisor Member Paul_Zernikazof

My wife and I have just returned from our first holiday in Sorrento and what a wonderfull time we had.
We also stayed in the Conca Park and have no complaints whatsoever. Clean, attentive and helpfull staff, the evening menu was always spot on, the breakfast menu was adequate with fruit, ham, cheese and more often than not some form of eggs.....If you like to break fast with a cake, it's the hotel to be in!
Sorrento itself is a lovely place, we felt comfortable strolling around in the evenings and mingling with the crowds. Restaurants and cafes abound, some are better than others. We tended to avoid the ones with names such as 'Holiday Inn Pub' and 'The English Pub' etc and tried to stick to more local fair.
The Foreigners Club was entertaining and a fine place to watch local couples and tourists alike performing the quickstep and cha cha...Me and the Mrs have upon our return to Blighty decided to take up dance lessons, so maybe next year we can join in, I'll hopefully need some new shoes, a left and a right one!!
I would recommend the Amalfi trip, Positano and Revello are very picturesque. This trip can be done cheaper or at the same expense as you might pay through your rep. After we had done the trip we found out that we could have hired a boat to take us to Positano and Revello then caught a bus or hired a driver for the return.
We also visited Pompei and Paestum. Pompei we done under our own steam, catching a train from Sorrento that stops right outside the ruins, much cheaper than the tours. My advice would be to get there when it opens at 8:30am before the mad crowds arrive. We left at 12:30am and got back for lunch at our favourite cafe in Sorrento Harbour the 'Bar Ruccio'....try their Bruscetta Mediterranea, mmmmm.
Theres lots of walking envolved if you like to get about and some on steeper inclines than others, we actually came back home and had gained no extra weight..a holiday first for us!
We will without doubt return to Sorrento and the chances are we'll book another room in Conca Park.
Oh and the traffic...."Their all mad over there"!

No Conga at the Conca

by TripAdvisor Member Fergal1

A large airy hotel well situated in Sorrento which is a fabulous holiday destination. Rooms were a tad small and mosquito bites prolific! Food tended to be on the small portion size and not the most appetizing. many fine dining restaurants near by.

Good Hotel but ensure you have a view

by TripAdvisor Member Michelle075

My partner and I have just returned from a week in this Hotel. We booked last minute with Thomson and was allocated this hotel on arrival. Our room was very basic on the 6th floor and had dirty windows, but this seemed an exception to the rule rather than the norm. There were rooms available with view and balconies - but these were at an extra cost. My advice would be to definatley book a room with a sea view as this is the whole point of Sorrento. The Hotel is situated in a good location was very clean with a nice pool area. There were hardly any children - which was great for chilling by the pool in peace and quiet. We were staying on a half board basis and the food was excellent. The staff at reception weren't too helpful and the same can be said at the poolside bar - but this did not spoil the holiday. Two hot tips really - take plenty of flat shoes for walking along the old town - heels on those cobbles sooo don't go and go for a day cruise to visit Positano and Amalfi @ 21 euros with lunch at 5 euros with a drink - enjoy the scenary whilst you still catch the sun whilst sat in your deck chair - bargin!

Patio and attentive waitersPatio and attentive waiters

And inside..........And inside..........

Bath house in PompeiiBath house in Pompeii

The memu with the owner's imageThe memu with the owner's image

Where to stay?

by rpm60

Hi all! Ciao! My husband and I will be flying from Rome to Naples and then we have one day before going to Capri. We would like to see Pompeii, etc. and would prefer to stay in Sorrento. Can you recommend a mid-price place to stay that is close to the train (Circumvesuviana)? We are not interested in the beach or view.... just a nice, clean easy to reach place with maybe a decent breakfast. Already tried Starace and Astarita (Rick Steves), but they were full.
Plus, any tips on how to cram all of the highlights in one day?
We will probably never return (using frequent flyer miles) and want to get the most of Italy. We have one day for Pompeii/Sorrento, 4 days in Capri (conference) and 3 days in Rome.

Grazie! California mid-life mama

Re: Where to stay?

by worldinabag

Hi

What about the Carlton - http://www.italyby.com/carlton/pages/profile.htm

Re: Where to stay?

by pontevecchio

Try Hotel La Badia. It's up the hill on the south side but great small family run 3* hotel- former abbey with fantastic views and a lovely pool.

To be honest we thought Capri was awful- crowded and over-rated.... I'd stay in Sorrento longer....but if you are set on Capri, you must go up to Anacapri on the bus-get an all day ticket from the bus station office to the right of the harbour quay - [you can use it on the funicular up to Capri Town from the harbour too] and take the cable up to the top of the mountain- the views are spectacular!

Hotel is used by Riviera Travel from UK who have a manager attached to hotel called Matt who is very knowledgeable- will be able to give you loads on info on bus/ train....may even let you join their group trip to Pompeii.

You can't do more than one site in a day and given the choice again I'd go to Herculaneum south of Naples not Pompeii [it's too big]- Herculaneum is fantastic- but do join a tour group as you'll get much more out of it....led by an Austrian lady called Elsbet if you can find her- she's very good [and funny]!

Or try Hotel Conca Park which is 4* but a bit touristy!

Have a lovely time.

Exclusive Hairdressers

by Sweetpeaa

Hi There,

I am getting married in Sorrento and my hairdresser (a good friend, has recently let me down) and can't make the day! My wedding planner is on Holiday for 2 weeks, and I am desperately trying to locate a good hairdresser in Sorrento... Try as I might, I am having no luck. I would love it, if someone can give me details of Hairdressers based in Sorrento.

Many Thanks

RE: Exclusive Hairdressers

by Strawberrygirl

Hi there, very sorry that I cannot help on the Hairdresser front but am actually looking for some help myself! Myself and my financee are travelling to Sorrento in September and hoping to find a place to get married there next September (2006).How did you go about organising it=we dont know where to start. Is it expensive to have a wedding planner-we are expecting that about 60 people will attend.Any help that you could give me before we go on 15th September would be much appreciated. Hope u found a hairdresser : )

RE: RE: Exclusive Hairdressers

by LJA

Hi there!

I got married in sorrento 6th Sept this year, and used a salon called Luisa. It is in the town, about 5 mins walk from Conca Park Hotel. It looks a little shabby, but she did an amazing job on my hair!

RE: RE: Exclusive Hairdressers

by IF1

Hi there,
Just wondering if you can rem the name of the hairdresser, I am trying to book a hairdresser for a wedding I'm attending in Sorrento in June and I would like to book the same hairdresser that you used. Many thanks

Comments