Via Cocumella 4, Sant'Agnello, Campania, 80065, Italy

Travelocity HostelBookers.com Tingo.com

• A Great Place to Stay and Learn

I brought over a group of culinary students from Atlanta, Georgia – USA.

They all had a wonderful learning experience and the hospitality extended by the Longo family was quite superior.
    I will be bringing over many more groups in the future, both students and also people interested in learning more about Italian cooking

Unique Quality: It only took one evening to discover that eating dinner at Mami Camilla is a wonderful and unique experience. You not only have the pleasure of eating some of the finest Italian food each night, but you also have the opportunity to meet many fascinating guests from a variety of different countries.

Directions: The location is ideal for many different day trips. With a 10 minute walk you can catch the local train and arrive at Pompeii or Herculaneum and Naples within 30 - 45 minutes.

• A Great Place to Stay and Learn

I brought over a group of culinary students from Atlanta, Georgia – USA.

• Laurel914's Profile Photo

Great place to stay!

I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone. It's slightly outside of the center, but definitely worth it. There is a cooking school connected to the hostel that makes dinner every night. Dinner is optional and costs 18 euros. Amazing food. I'd really recommend eating their dinner as it also provides a way to get to know the other guests. The first morning I was there, I skipped their breakfast because I didn't think it was worth the 5 euros. i ended up spending 4 euros to get a small pastry and some water at an outside cafe. The next morning I had breakfast in the hostel and it was fantastic. Yum! The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms were clean. Definitely would stay there again. The only negative was that the hostel listed that they were within a couple of minutes of the beach. Only if you count a tiny sandy area at the bottom of a large hill that wasn't a free beach! It was the kind set up with chairs and umbrellas and you pay for a spot. I am definitely not the kind to pay to go to a beach, but if you call that a beach, then the hostel is definitely within a few minutes walk of it.

• ablphillips's Profile Photo

friendly service

I stayed at mami camilla's for about 3 weeks and felt like I was staying with family! it's a very relaxing place to stay and very convenient to everything in and around sorrento!
    the facilities are great! and I would definatly recommend this place for anyone wanting a fantastic place to stay!
    I am already booked there for my next trip!!

Unique Quality: mami camilla's is also a fantastic culinary school, they hold classes most days and also hold italian courses to assist in understanding the language while you are there!

More about Mami Camilla

culinary activities in Sorrento

by mcferreri

Thanks for the tips. In my research, I have found another place that I will eventually book called Mami Camilla. It's a B&B that offers a cooking school, Italian lessons, and some other culinary activities (which I am most interested in booking) such as a cheese demonstration and Olive oil tasting and tour. The link to the activities is http://www.mamicamilla.com/activities.php?hl=en. When I get back I'll give it a real review.

Bait and Switch

by TripAdvisor Member HalB

Bait and switch is the policy at Mami Camilla. We prepaid for 6 nights at Mami Camilla but upon arrival were switched to a B&B way up the hill. (We found out the B&B cost about half of what we had prepaid.) While at the B&B, 2 other couples were similarly switched. This proves a pattern of immoral if not illegal behavior. They may offer excuses such as construction delays or the hotel being only for the cooking school but the bottom line is that I asked for but did not get a refund of the price difference.

Wonderful Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Birdman33

Four of us recently stayed two nights at Mami Camilla. Had a wonderful time. I highly recommend the 15E dinner. 4 courses and all the wine you can drink. Sal was even nice enough to take us to the wine bar in town after dinner one night. We stayed out with the whole group until after 3am. The accomodations are great for the price. The best part is meeting everyone during dinner. It is a wonderful place to stay!

Great place! Would return.

by TripAdvisor Member Picu

We stayed at this hotel for three nights and used it as a home base to explore Naples/Pompeii/Ercolano. We had a quadruple room consisting of four single beds, which was comfortable for 2 adults and two teenagers and very reasonably priced. It had all the amenities, except for TV, phone, and no Internet access, but this for us was not a problem.

At Mami Camilla's you feel like you are staying at someone's house (and you are) rather than at a hotel. The hotel is family-run and at night, they serve a four course dinner, including wine, for their guests, a bargain at 15 Euros per person. It provides a chance to meet people from other countries and at the same time, savor a delicious meal.

The location is about a 20-minute walk from the center of Sorrento, but public transportation is readily available if you are not into walking. It is about 5 minute walk from a beautiful public beach. The staff at Mami Camilla's is very helpful and will help you arrange tours. I pre-booked a tour to Pompeii/Ercolano and regretted it since I probably could have gotten a less expensive and better tour had I used their services.

If we return to Sorrento, we would definitely go back to this hotel.

Rustic and Friendly

My mother and I spent 5 lovely nights at Mami Camilla recently. The accomodation is basic but then again, this is a very reasonably priced B & B... The family are truly great- nothing is too much bother for them and they are happy to give you advice re trips, local travel etc. We did an afternoon cookery course which was superb and make sure you sample at least one evening meal here - delicious food at amazing value!!! The location of this place is beautiful- close enough to Sorrento to walk in, but far away enough to feel quieter. We will definitely back to learn another 4 course meal ......

great economical accomodations

by TripAdvisor Member kvw

We had a terrific time at Mami Camilla - we stayed for 2 nights, and had a nice big room (#18). We arrived at about lunch time, and they recommended a restaurant about 5 minutes away by foot called La Terrazza. This restaurant was simple but the most fantastic view of Vesuvius and the Bay. Our accomodations were 80 Euros for 2 people, including breakfast (they served their own home made jam from their gardens), and dinner was just great as per the other reviews. We would definitely go back. Oh, and Sal was wonderful, and it was especially fun to see their dogs eat pasta for dinner!

Mami Camilla B & B Any one stayed here before?

by marshagenn

Traveling to Sorrento in Nov. for 5 days. Need to make reservations soon. Is this a good B&B? Any info would be great.

Just returned from 4 nights in Sorrento...We stayed at a fantastic
B&B called Il Rosetto @ 304 Corso Italia. 5 rooms attached to the
house where the family lives. Michael and Tony are kind and
extremely helpful. The rooms are new, clean and quiet as the property is
off the street level. Near downtown, but not too close as well
as short walk to train and bus station. They will pick you up
or drop you off at most places beyond walking distance. Breakfast
is fine. We ate in their kitchen as it was damp in the early morning.
That was the best time to get various travel pointers!!! You can
also use their laptop if needed...cOST US 90 Euro, but should
be a little less in Nov.
Amalfi Coast (Ravello, Amalfi & Positano) are a must see, but a one
day bus trip at best. Bus for entire day is 5 Euro per person.
We took the 20 minute train ride to Pompeii...That is a 4-5 hour visit
that will absolutley knock your socks off!!!!! Capri is a boat ride
and a full day at best. We are happy that we used Sorrento as a base for travel.
Naples is disgusting!!!!!! Street vendors everywhere selling the same
junk, felt very threatening!

by LolaSanFrancisco

I'm going to be staying at Mami's November 29 for 2 nights, when are you going?

by stanrubin

Check out the reviews of Mami on Tripadviser!!!!

While there, Villa Rubinacci and Frano's are the very best for Pizza!!!!!

RE: RE: Mami Camilla B & B Any one stayed here before?

by marshagenn

We will be in Sorrento on Monday, Nov.21 to Friday, Nov. 25th. I decided to stay at Hotel "IL NIDO". I heard nothing but great reviews and the website is awesome. They will pick up at the train station. It is 80 euros a night. Private bath, breakfast and room with a view of the bay. www.ilnido.it/ing_prima.htm Check out the web page. I am planning what to see and do that week. Any suggestions would be great.

RE: RE: Mami Camilla B & B Any one stayed here before?

Sounds good..ENJOY...Pompeii is the big winner!!!! Amalfi,Ravello & Positano
are a one day picture postcard visit..Take the bus for 5 Euro for the day..We
walked a great trail from Ravello down to Amalfi...about 90 minutes..

Capri/Anacapri is also a one day trip...Ferry is easy..When you get to
the island, buy a one day pass for the bus system...it takes you to all the hot spots...Blue Grotto is unique, though a total rip off..

Pompeii is easy to get to by train..about 40 minutes...Unbelievable..
be ready to walk and take water as it is very dusty and dry!!

We spent 4 days in Sorrento after a 12 day bike trip to Sicily...In out
opinion,it was definitly worth seeing...but 3-4 days is more than enough..

Comments