Minerva

Minerva Hotel
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Return to Minerva

We just returned from 5 days at the Minerva in Sorrento. We had a sea view room reserved via the internet but our college-age son surprised us by cutting short his own plans and joining us in Sorrento. The hotel staff quickly made adjustments and put all 3 of us in a beautiful room with a large balcony directly in view of Vesuvius and over the water. It was spectacular! The hotel floors are colorful and cool blue & yellow tiles and the walls and ceilings are painted in yellows, purples, blues and white. The bed was king and our son's sofabed was a king as well. The bathroom was large and well appointed and the doors and windows large with red plantation shutters. Minerva uses a lot of red on the balconies and trim and can be seen from a long distance by boat from the water.

The staff recommended several local restaurants but I think the absolute best was at the Marina called Vela Bianca. The restaurant sent a van to get us and return at no charge. At the end of our visit, the change in room price was minimal. I know they would rather speak to their customers personally about the kind of room that is desired and my dealing with them via email was excellent.

Breakfasts are served each morning on the balonies and the options range from simple yoghurt and cereal to eggs, pastries, cheeses fruits and vegetables.

We will return to Minerva, no doubt, and will email them or call to get the same or similar room. Oh, and they have a beautiful pool on the roof with umbrellas and a view I'll try to share with pictures. Thank you to the warm and friendly staff at Minerva who welcomed our son and enjoyed our pleasure with his surprise.

Ciao for now.

Unique Quality: View -- spectacular
    Pool -- immaculate
    Breakfast -- nothing missing (coffee is very good)
    *Most people we saw are couples - few children - saw no babies although that would be fine -- mostly this is a place for grownups.

Directions: On the cliffs overlooking the water

More about Minerva

Loved the Hotel Minerva

by TripAdvisor Member jmw

Hotel Minerva in Sorrento, Italy is the place to stay.

We really enjoyed this hotel. The room was lovely and spacious and the staff exceptional. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Great Hotel- Wonderful views!!!

My husband I just returned from a month long trip to Italy. We stayed at the Hotel Minerva for 4 nights and were very pleased with the service.. We had a large newly renovated room on the 3rd floor with a large terrace, and the most spectacular view of the Bay of Naples and Vesuvius. The restaurant had a terrace with the same wonderful view, where we ate both breakfast and dinner. The food was excellent and the service attentive. The hotel even had internet access, which I found convenient for keeping in touch with family. We would not hesitate to stay at this hotel in the future.

very nice hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member jolly5812

My wife and I went to the Minerva hotel Sorrento for a weeks holiday from the 10th to the 17th of June.
We stayed on a half board basis, and to be honest we couldn't fault the hotel in any way. the location of the hotel is the best in Sorrento for views, and we ate on the terrace twice a day overlooking the whole of Sorrento with the Bay of Naples and Mt. Vesuvius in the background !!
The food was very nice and we would have been happy to eat there every day, but we did try some of the other places to eat in the village.
The staff were really nice and always smiling, and couldn't have done anything else to make our stay better.
The house keeping was very good, and the Hotel was very clean.
We will return there again, and would recommend the Hotel as a perfect location for a romantic break or second honeymoon.
You won't be disappointed!!.

Don't expect it to be 4 Star!!! (More like 2 Star)

My first impression of the hotel on entrance was great, the view was wonderful but that’s where it stops I’m afraid to say. On entry to our room it was definitely not of a high standard (4 Star)!!! There was damp on the ceiling and mould in places in the bathroom.

When ask if we could change rooms we were told this was one of the best rooms in the hotel, newly furnished apparently and that they were fully book.

I was also surprised that they charged a fee for using the fridge in your own room on a daily basis! They also charge a fee for towels at the pool. With the amount I paid for the room, these additional costs were just unacceptable. I was expecting a relaxing hotel with minimum stress, but this was not the case!!!

Smashing

by TripAdvisor Member quastyfan

The hotel surpassed our expectations. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was nicely furnished with tiled floor and the en suite bathroom was more than adequate. The maid service was of a high standard. We had a seaview, plus waking up with Vesuvius framed in the window as we opened the shutters.

The only adverse comment is that the lighting could have been brighter - but the hotel tries to be as environmentally-friendly as possible in terms of electricity wastage.

Wonderful holiday, great people, and a highly recommended hotel - we will return!

Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member samuie

We, hubby and me have stayed at the Minerva twice, first time on our own a wonderful romantic weekend for my birthday (Nov) 4 nights and everything was excellent. We then went back again the following May with my Mum 72yrs old and we had a wonderful time, even an ajoining room for my Mum and the service was excellent, the staff looked after us and as for my Mum they treated her like family - first class, and guess what we are hoping to go again next spring !!!

Beautiful views,helpful staff

by TripAdvisor Member twitcherjune

We stayed at the Minerva for 3 nights in early May 2005. Had a wonderful view from our room across the bay of Naples to Vesuvius.The room was of a good clean standard. The helpfulness of the reception staff was greatly appreciated. They were able to recommend good local restaurants to eat at -with free courtesy transport. This is very welcome when you realise that the Minerva is some way out of the centre of Sorrento. Less than an hour after our arrival on a delayed train journey from Florence we were dining on excellent local seafood and thinking that all was right with the world. Although on a hill the centre of Sorrento is walkable unless you do have mobilty problems. In that case buy some bus tickets from the reception staff (1euro) and use the frequent local service from almost outside the hotel. We used the local trains and buses to visit Pompeii and Amalfi. The hotel does have its own restaurant, which largely caters for the half board clients. It serves a good meal (20 euros). It is lovely to eat your meals on the terrace. Each morning we were able to watch the visiting cruise liners disgorging their tourists on to a flotilla of tiny boats.

A week was not long enough!

I have just returned from my first holiday to Italy having stayed at the Minerva Hotal Sorrento. What a fantastic location over looking the Bay of Naples. Top marks to all concerned. Thank you for making my trip so enjoyable and memorable.

what a great place

by TripAdvisor Member dashotgun

My wife and 2 older daughters shared a room. It was a little close for 4 adults but doable. The room was clean and quiet, The balcony with an incredible view was almost as large as the room. Breakfast( included was above average and you sat on a beautiful veranda overlooking the Bay of Naples. It is a 15 minute walk into town useful for working off the extra pounds from eating the woderful food of Sorrento. I would stay here again. But would head the advise to ask for a room somewhat higher in the hotel,

Have you eaten at the Hotel Minerva?

by smithy3

I shall be staying at the Hotel Minerva in August. Can anyone tell me what a typical evening meal will consist of?

RE: Have you eaten at the Hotel Minerva?

by mccalpin

Are you saying that the hotel is catering your dinner, or are you curious as to what a typical Italian family might eat for dineer, or are you wondering what the traditional dinner out is?

Bill

RE: RE: Have you eaten at the Hotel Minerva?

by smithy3

Sorry, didn't make myself clear.
I shall be staying half board at the Minerva and was wondering what the evening menu might be like.

Comments