Via Capo, 27, Sorrento, 80060, Italy

Booking.com Hotels.com Venere.com

Costs 39% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Catspjm's Profile Photo

The best view in Sorrento

Do yourself a favour. Save a fortune and get the best view in Sorrento at the same time. The ‘Settimo Cielo (7th Heaven) is a small family run hotel effectively built into the side of a cliff, underneath the world famous Bristol Hotel. The staff is friendly and speaks excellent English. Unlike the vast majority of hotels in the area, it operates on a B&B basis, leaving you free to sample the many restaurants in town. A much better option in my opinion. The rooms are basis but spotlessly clean. For an extra £2 a night opt for a room with a balcony and you will have one of the most spectacular views you will ever see. Below you, the Marina Grande and straight ahead, Naples with Vesuvius towering menacingly to the clouds. For the money, I can’t recommend this place highly enough.

Unique Quality: The Settimo Cielo pool is another wonder of the modern world, again with the best views imaginable.

Directions: A 10 minute walk from the centre of town. In front of teh Bristol Hotel

More about Settimo Cielo

great views

Just returned from holiday at the settimo cielo, although a basic hotel, the very friendly staff, and excellent cleaners, made this a holiday to remember. The view from the balcony and sun terrace were fantastic. Cant wait to go again to celebrate our 30th wedding aniversary.

Wouldn't recommend!

The only good thing about this hotel was the view. It's worse than a Motel 6 - small thin bed - not comfortable, thin paper poducts in the bathroom...just not comfortable. Plus a bit of a walk on the narrow hill road to & from town. We stayed 1 night & moved to another hotel for the rest of our stay.

Great Views, Basic Rooms

by TripAdvisor Member RosetanaDC

Views from your room, across the Bay of Naples, are fabulous; even better if you get a room with a balcony. The staff is very friendly and super helpful. Downsides--the rooms are dorm-room danish modern and it is at least a 20 minute trek on foot to Piazza Tasso, the main square. Buses are supposed to run every 20 minutes but don't count on it, either because of heavy traffic or generally uneven service. So, if you are going into town in the am (to sightsee in Sorrento or to catch ferries or trains), returning to hotel in late afternoon and then going into town for dinner, count on @5 miles a day just for the 2 round trip walks to your hotel. Cabs are not cheap. I stayed a week and moved to an in-town hotel the second week.

The view you dream about at a price that won't make you faint

by TripAdvisor Member legaleee

Friendly, family run hotel with fabulous views across the Bay of Naples. Be sure to request a balcony; not all rooms have them. Rooms not luxurious but clean and comfortable. Most Sorrento rooms with views like this are much more expensive. It’s a 10 minute walk downhill to the center of town, easily done even for my Mom in her 80’s. Coming back uphill at night from town, you might want to take a bus, which stops right by the hotel; be sure to check the schedules though so you don’t miss the last one. Taxis are expensive. The hotel staff is very helpful and everyone speaks English. They’ll give you tips on places to see and ways to get there. Ample breakfast buffet, complete with homemade jam from the lemons for which the region is famous. We stayed here in mid-October and the weather was, as they say, changeable. It was a bit too wet and cool for us to use the pool, although it would be lovely in the summer. I did quite a bit of research before choosing this hotel and was very happy there. I hope I can go back again soon.

What a fab place!

by TripAdvisor Member AlisonCLincolnshire

stayed here for 2 weeks and loved it. Friendly, fun staff, lovely rooms, fabulous view. Breakfast is a little basic but who cares- the local restaurants are so good that I found it best to eat little during the day anyway!

The view is perfect and so is Sorrento. I am due to go back again this year and next, so it must be good!

Too plain for my Tastes

My husband and I spent two nights here in early April. I selected this hotel based on the view and was not disappointed. The staff was very friendly, spoke excellent English and were very accommodating. The rooms, however, were too stripped down and basic for my tastes. With very little effort the owners could transform these cold tasteless rooms into warm pleasant accommodations. The breakfast room was pleasant and the breakfast certainly adequate. The view was outstanding but I would never stay here again unless they update their rooms.

A honeymoon buzz kill

I hate to be harsh but when you travel thousands of miles for your honeymoon and you walk into a dive depression can set in fast. Previously in Paris and Rome with lovely but small hotels this experience really slammed us. Our room was not only small but the bed was a saggy old thin mattress with an ugly 20 year old bed spread. The bathroom was bus stationesque. The toilet looked like it came from a porto-potty.The towels were like large cloth napkins not terry cloth. The shower, small and broken down. It had this little beat up looking dresser. We knew we had to find something else and we were super lucky when the Belair next door had one room availble. From other reviews maybe they have some nicer rooms but ours (#25) was so bad we didn't even want to ask if they had anything better. We even lost one nights fee to get out of there.It was well worth it. Inquire before you book.

wonderful experience!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member maxNaples

Been in Italy for a month: Venice, Florence, Rome. Had all the usual problems any tourists has. Nice hotels with terrible staff, nice staff with terrible rooms. Traffic.. But when we came to this family run hotel it was a kind of paradise for me and my wife. ..
Rooms on 2nd floor (44 to 50) are the best, mine was 45.
All was new and worked properly (even a/c).
Staff, was great and helpful.
I will go back there next year.

Awesome Views

by TripAdvisor Member fredd

We just want to thank Joseph and staff at the Siettmo Cielo for making our stay truly "Seventh Heaven"!!! We absolutely loved Sorrento and all of its splendor and will definitely come back and stay at the Siettmo Cielo again. The room had the most awe inspiring, breath-taking views I could ever imagine. We truly felt like we were in seventh heaven while we stayed here. we travelled with our 2 children and they loved the hotel as well, we had such a wonderful experience travelling for our first time with our children in another country, everyone was truly fabulous!!! Our children loved the pool and meeting all kinds of new friends while there, we met other people from the US, England, Ireland, and Italy while staying here. Everyone was wonderful and it was an absolute gem in the side of a mountain, thank you!!!! We definitely will go back to Seventh Heaven!!!!

Sorrento Hotels: Settimo Cielo or Villa Maria

by yammergirl

Traveling with 3 friends, we have quads booked late August at Settimo Cielo at Via Capo 27 and Hotel Villa Maria at Via Capo 7. On paper -- they could be a block away from each other but I need a reality check...we are there 3 days (arriving very late at night) and intend to do Pompeii and wander -- leaving early the last morning for Capri...could someone break the tie on where we should stay?! Settimo is by far a great deal but we know we don't have a balcony...is Villa Maria much closer to town or is that neglible. None of the maps I have found have a) both on them OR b) elevations to indicate the walking reality! Thanks in advance...

Re: Sorrento Hotels: Settimo Cielo or Villa Maria

by Lacristina

Best I can tell from looking at the maps on the two hotel sites is that Hotel Villa Maria is about .5 kilometers closer to the town center than Settimo Cielo. But of course, don't know what the elevation change is on the road at that point.

Cristina