Sorrento City

Treated Like Royalty

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 24, 2010

Sorrento City Hotel

My family and I returned from spending 2 days in Rome and 4 days in Sorrento. I have read in all the travel books to beware of the pickpockets at the Naples train station, well sad to say I was careless and someone stole my wallet as we were boarding the train to Sorrento, as I went to sit down for the hour long trip I realized my wallet was gone. There was nothing I could do until I go to my hotel in Sorrento. When we arrived at the Sorrento City Hotel we were greeted by one of he hotel staff, I mentioned to her what had happened to me on the train, she contacted the owner of the hotel Roberta who told her staff to help me make the necessary phone calls to my banks in the states and what ever else was needed to get this situation corrected. I had to contact my banks in the states to freeze my credit cards, which they very helpful in helping me to make the phone calls that I needed to do. That afternoon the owner offered to accompany me to the police station to make a report, she offered not only to take me but to interpret for me. That night after dinner we were surprised to find a basket of fruit and a bottle of wine with a note attached saying, we are glad you came and we are thankful we were able to help; here is a little gift from the hotel to say you’re here now “relax”. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning a trip to Sorrento and looking for a place to stay where you are treated like royalty.

Unique Quality: The Hotel staff was very helpful and considerate almost going out of their way to make us comfortable.

Directions: On the main street in the city, easy walking distance to the train or bus station or any of the shops, also included was a continental breakfast.

Nearby Sorrento City

• Bar / Lounge
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Sorrento Travel Forum

Need advice about Sorrento, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Sorrento and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sorrento hotel reviews