Via del Mare, 22, Sorrento, 80067, Italy
Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Ulisse Deluxe Hostel

Ulisse Deluxe Hostel, Sorrento-an enjoyable stay!

by TripAdvisor Member ShinieDublin

I've just returned from 4 days staying at the Ulisse Deluxe Hostel, Sorrento. My parents and I had a very enjoyable stay at the hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful to us during our stay. The rooms were fantastic value, I had my own room and an ensuite and my parents had their own room and an ensuite, all for €35 per person!! The rooms were cleaned every day. The breakfast, which costs €5 (not included in the room price) was fabulous with plenty of food to choose from-fruit, cereals, bread, cake, toast, cold meats and cheese, tea, coffee and juices-all self service. There is also a leisure centre attached to the hostel. The hostel itself is located at the far end of the town but it's only a ten minute walk from the hostel to Sorrento town centre. We had a great experience staying there and I would recommend this hostel to travellers.

Hybrid Hostel-Hotel; What a Great Place

by TripAdvisor Member lsc_Denver

The Ulisse Deluxe Hostel has everything you need for a stay in Sorrento: comfortable good sized double room with new furnishings, marble floors and deluxe bath; helpful front desk staff; breakfast buffet with enough choices and great coffee; and a good, quiet location. OK, so it doesn't have views, but the price is right. They have wi-fi in the common area if you brought your laptop, and soccer matches on a big screen TV most evenings. This is a great place to stay.

Luxury hostel welcomed by weary backpackers

by TripAdvisor Member dantri

Ooo la la! We felt a trifle out of place upon walking in to reception, tired from our journey, sweaty, with dirty clothes lugging our big backpacks LOL! Hostel indeed.....This is a very nice HOTEL in our opinion. Not sure how the hell they can only charge what they do, but good on them. Or better still good on us for being able to stay there. The room was new, clean and very large. We had our own bathroom and bath, the room included a tv, air con, and an electronic safe. We didn't want to leave this place to explore the countryside!

Definitely the best value for money we've come across but don't expect any freebies. You have to pay for extra towels during your stay (so don't throw them on the floor) and breakfast isn't included, nor is there any kitchen facilities. We'd stay again.

Best hostel ever!!

by TripAdvisor Member aureus30

Not sure why this place is called a hostel, it's a lot nicer than a lot of hotels I've stayed in. Huge lobby area with bar, tv, and separate dining area. All the floors and corridors are marble like, beautifully clean and tidy. The rooms are lovely, air conditioned and with large bathrooms. Don't think they serve any food except breakfast which is maybe why it is called a hostel. It's a 5 minute walk to Sorrento town centre. Would definetly recommend it to anyone, especially if on a budget.

Hostel was the only value for money on whole trip!

by TripAdvisor Member sbartraveller

Although my holiday to Italy was the worst ever and I would not recommend anyone holiday there, Ulisse Deluxe was the one bright shining star that exceeded my expectations. It you decide to holiday on the Amalfi Coast, Sorrento is the best base and this hostel is in an excellent location. The staff are efficient, friendly and helpful. Facilities are modern and clean. It is very good value for money as is the continental breakfast they offer in the morning. Easy to book directly via email, just need credit card details to guarantee your booking. When you step outside the hostel though, you'll need to watch your back as it seems everyone is out to steal, con or rip you off so beware!

Thoroughly enjoyed the experience

by TripAdvisor Member PerlaDublin

We stayed at Club Ulisse from 15th August to 22 August 2008 and I can say without any hesitation that we thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our stay.
The hotel is in a great location, near to the centre of Sorrento and a short walk to the Marina Grande.
The first impression is very good, the foyer, reception and bar areas are all bright, spacious and spotlessly clean with plenty of comfortable seating.
Our room was large and comfortable, seemed a bit dark at first until we figured out how to open the blinds. Not a great view from the room, just a brick wall but we didnt care about that as we didnt intend to spend much time in the room except just to sleep. The ensuite bathroom was big and bright and clean. (Tip: the cord by the shower is not to turn on the shower, it is an alarm in case someone needs assistance)
The buffet breakfast which was included in our package was very good with a good choice of fruit, cereal, salami, ham and cheese. We didnt like the tea but as soon as we mentioned this to the staff, the problem was dealt with in a pleasant friendly way and we were given our own pot of strong tea by Mario each morning.
The staff were all friendly, polite and very helpful and they were quite amused at our poor attempt to speak Italian. Thankfully they all spoke good english and were very pleasant no matter how much trouble we put them to.
We would highly recommend Club Ulisse for its value for money, central location and its excellent staff and customer service. We intend to return in the near future.
Suzanna & Perla

Great budget hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Marchia43

My Partner and I stayed here after a hectic couple of days in Rome.
What can I say? It is as nice as people say. It is cheap, It has a pool, Spa and parking (If you are mad enough to drive in Italy!!)
the rooms were huge! They have double occupancy rooms, family rooms and dormitory rooms. I can't really rate the breakfast as I found it a bit odd, however my partner liked it.
The location is very central and walkable to most people to the centre of town.
You do have to pay for air con (€5 per day - a godsend when it is really hot), Breakfast (€5 per day per person), you have to pay for fresh towels and bedding etc. (Prices vary) The hostel has free internet and great staff, very friendly and helpful.

So Noisy!

by TripAdvisor Member Sal123

We booked this hostel/hotel due to the low cost and good reviews. It was 70 Euros a night for a double room. We initially stayed in a room overlooking the road on the middle floor. The room was huge with a double (European style with 2 beds pushed together) plus a single. The road outside was very noisy (Italian scooters seem to be very loud) and something that sounded like building work started outside at 4.30 am each morning. Then from about 8am the sound of furniture being scraped across floors began as the rooms were cleaned. The walls in the hotel appear to be paper thin (you can hear the shower in the next room) and the ceilings don't seem much thicker so this noise could be heard from all directions and seems to be a design flaw in the (new) building. We moved to a smaller but quieter room, without the road noise, but still with the scraping noise. People in the corridors could also be heard late into the night. The furniture noise could be fixed by putting the little felt pads you get on the feet of the furniture. The air con didn't seem to work in the middle of the night, so we had to sleep with the window open.

We didn't try breakfast (5 euro per person). The hotel is in a fairly central location. It is under a car park, but that didn't seem to be a problem.

The hotel says that it charges extra for:
Change of sheets 5 euros
Air con 5 euros/night
Use of in room fridge 2.50 euros/night
Use of safe 1 euro/night
We did use some of these but didn't get charged.

I would pay a bit more and stay somewhere with thicker walls if I were to return to Sorrento and wanted a relaxing break.

GOOD VALUE AND GOOD LOCATION

by TripAdvisor Member mariabf87

SORRENTO ITALY
We read reviews of this hotel on trip advisor and were not disappointed. We had two rooms on the 2nd floor. Our room faced the back of the hotel. We were mildly disturbed by the vespars but this is throughout Italy! The walk from the train station was very long and over the cobble stones difficult - I would recommend taking the bus from the train station for 1 euro and save yourself lots of steps. The hotel is straight up the road from the train station about 1/2 mile the land mark is the local hospital and parking garabe.
The price of 70 euros per night for two people included the room and breakfast and use of the safe and fridge. We could not ask for more. The entire main level is great if you have your own laptop as we did and were able to contact family for a few euros for our five night stay. They also have a computer station area with 2 computers. I would highly recommend this hostel/hotel to anyone. This area requires lots of walking for taxi service.
We first learned of this hostel through Rick Steves book. This hostel will soon be a 3/4 star hotel when their license is approved (so we were told by our tour guide).

The nicest place I've ever stayed in Europe

by TripAdvisor Member batmanpastor

It says it is a hostel--but who are we kidding? Spacious rooms, marble floors, private bathrooms, nice breakfast buffet, at only about 40 Euro per person per room per night! The Ulisse Deluxe is connected to a local health spa and for a discounted 20 Euro a person, you may go to their Thermicare spa including salt baths, whirpools, dry sauna, steam room, and a few other nice amenities. The location is great--just a five minute walk to the pier, and ten minute walk from the train station, and located just off of the main shopping strip of the town. The staff are great and speak fluent English. They also have a special storage room for luggage after you check out. You must stay here. It is the best bang for your buck, and the nicest place I have stayed in all my European travels.

Arcaded Court, PompeiiArcaded Court, Pompeii

SorrentoSorrento

Little beach area in Marina GrandeLittle beach area in Marina Grande

Fresh seafood!Fresh seafood!

Sorrento Holiday

by NattyLight59

My roommate and I are heading to Sorrento at the end of the month for 5 days and 4 nights during our break from school....we have plans to see Capri and the Blue Grotto and Pompeii but we're really not sure what else is worth our time and/or a good value. Like I said, we're students so anything decently priced we want to do. Does anyone have suggestions?? Thanks!

by effeti

If you have time, do not forget to visit the lovely villages of the Amalfi coast (Amalfi, Positano and Ravello). Naples and its National Archeology Museum (with a lot of originals from Pompei) may be worth, too.
Enjoy!
Francesco

by Maryimelda

Definitely Positano. You can go by ferry from Sorrento. It is less than an hour away and the scenery is quite breathtaking. There is also a bus which leaves regularly from outside the Train Station at Sorrento to go down the Amalfi Coast. Make sure you board early and get a seat on the right hand side of the bus for the best views. Capri and the Blue Grotto are not cheap places to visit but I guess you know that already.

by Balam

we went to The Teatro Tasso show as well, didn't think i was going to like it but it was really good. Hercul;anium is deffinatly worth going to i liked it better than pompeii, Amazing.

Comments