Hotel Ristorante I Tigli

toonsarah's Profile Photo

Within the city walls

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 3, 2013

Ingrid and I spent two nights at the Hotel I Tigli in Corinaldo, set in the very fabric of the ancient town walls, with views from some rooms (mine included) of the green countryside below. My room was simple but of a good size, with a double and small single bed and a narrow en suite with shower. The latter was a good one, and unlike some other Italian hotels of a similar calibre that I've stayed in, plenty of large thick towels were provided.

The room was very clean and had a TV, desk, bedside tables and some framed prints from illuminated texts. There was a radiator for heat (though not on in May) and A/C for cooling (not needed - it was an unusually cool May). Overall, while fairly plain in appearance, I thought it well exceeded my expectations of a two star hotel.

Breakfast was included in our room rate of 40 euros and consisted of a small buffet with croissants and other pastries, cereals, yoghurt, juices and coffee made to taste and to order - a simple meal but more than adequate. I understand that in good weather this is served on the pretty terrace, but unfortunately good weather was the one ingredient missing from our otherwise lovely stay here.

Unique Quality: The main selling point of my room had to be the views from its shuttered windows – one, as I have said, over the countryside and the other towards an old church. Do request an upper floor room (as long as you can manage to carry your bags up the steep staircase) and ask for one with a view if possible.

Directions: There is free parking just outside the city walls (north side), immediately in front of the hotel’s lower entrance. You will need to climb some steps to reception. The hotel has another door leading straight into the old town

Nearby Hotel Ristorante I Tigli

5 Photos of Hotel Ristorante I Tigli

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Hotel Ristorante I Tigli

• Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Bar / Lounge

Corinaldo Travel Forum

Need advice about Corinaldo, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Corinaldo and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Corinaldo hotel reviews