ABC Bologna in B&B

ABC  Bologna in B&B
Expedia.com Booking.com Venere.com

More about Bologna

Palazzo del Podestà, Bologna, May 2010Palazzo del Podestà, Bologna, May 2010

Basilica di Santo Stefano, Bologna, May 2010Basilica di Santo Stefano, Bologna, May 2010

Torre Prendiparte, Bologna, May 2010Torre Prendiparte, Bologna, May 2010

Pope Gregory XIII; Bologna, May 2010Pope Gregory XIII; Bologna, May 2010

JOURNEY

by figaro7

HI!HOW LONG IS THE JOURNEY FROM BOLOGNA TO VENICE BY BUS / TRAIN?
ARE THERE ANY BUS / TRAINS SERVICES FROM BOLOGNA TO VENICE?THANKS!

by mccalpin

See www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html for rail schedules.

Bill

by cmcard2

it is not far at all - take the train - easy to do

by Bashir-1

I also advise you to use the train. I did it in 2006, from Bolona to venice round trip by train.

Just to know that there are at least three trains level: ES, R & IR. The best is ES Eurostar. Others are terrible especially in summer.

Travel Tips for Bologna

How University was born

by Fra.da.

Bologna has the oldest University in the world, founded in 1088. It's called the "Alma Mater Studiorum" because it was the very first one to be born. The first faculty was law, and it was founded by a monk, called Irnerio, who started teaching the old Roman law to students who joined his classes. University was not an organization yet, there were just groups of clever students following their teacher. Of course they needed to know ancient latin.
University became an organization much later, the first "state" University in Italy was in Naples and it was founded by Federico II (it is called "Università Federico II" even now).
Bologna University is still one of the biggest in Italy.

Cinema

by andreslo2000 about Cinema

I belive that people from the so called west world are used to make all the things as easy as it is possible, so the invented dubbing instead of subtitles (not to be unfair to the east I once saw the John Wayne's movie dubbed in Russian and I cant forget that John's: 'Mikhailo pategnit pistol!' that made me lough for over than a hour and on - but that's another story). What I want to say is: wouldn't it be worth to think about having a copy of film in originl language so the people who are not familiar with e.g. Italian language can see the film to. Especialy in tourist zones that solution would be very nice.
However: I've been watching Spider man (see pic) and belive me; even the movie would be dubbed in Svahili or even in Chinese I wouldn't mind - those ones who have seen this movie would know what I was thinking about :-) Hey, you know what to wear when you're waching movies (or you have never been in cinema yet?)

Great value pizzas and wine!

by SWFC_Fan about Pizzeria La Mela

My girlfriend and I ate at Pizzeria La Mela on our first evening in Bologna in June 2010.

This popular local trattoria and pizzeria is located on Via de Fusari, just a few minutes walk from the central Piazza Maggiore square.

We arrived late in the evening (around 10pm), having eaten earlier in the afternoon and taken an early evening siesta.

The dining area is split in two; one half was bustling when we arrived and the other was about half full. We were given a table in the less busy part of the restaurant.

Being a “trattoria”, La Mela was less formal than a “ristorante” and had the laid back unpretentious air that I really enjoy. The décor was fairly simple; pastel coloured walls, patterned tiles and large pizza plates decorating the walls. Despite its informality, the tables were well set with fabric tablecloths and sparkling wine glasses.

It was our first night in Italy, I was feeling in a romantic mood and the idea of eating food was secondary to the idea of enjoying the relaxed Italian lifestyle. The evening was all about unwinding, enjoying a leisurely pizza and sharing a nice carafe of local wine. In this respect, La Mela served the purpose perfectly. As the night got later and the restaurant gradually emptied, we idled over our meals, chatted, laughed and generally made merry with the help of the fabulous local wine.

The menu at La Mela featured a vast array of pizza and pasta dishes, as well as numerous seafood options. Having eaten pasta at lunchtime, we only really focused on the pizzas.

I ordered:

Pizza Rucola - Cost: 6.50 Euros

A large, typically Italian thin base and crispy crust pizza topped with tomato, mozzarella and rocket leaves. I’ve only recently become aware of rocket leaves and they are so much tastier than their appearance suggests. A great pizza, not too heavy or filling and just what I was looking for on this evening.

Emma ordered:

Pizza Prosciutto Cotta - Cost: 5.00 Euros

A similar pizza to mine, but topped with tomato, mozzarella and wafer thin slices of local ham.

We shared a carafe of white wine (Cost: 8 Euros per litre) – a fruity white wine from the Rimini region.

The menu included a 2 Euros per person cover charge. Given that we hadn’t received any complimentary bread or olives, we took this to be a service charge and so didn’t leave an additional tip. We didn’t begrudge paying it as the service was efficient and friendly. Besides, the food and wine were very good value and looking back I’d say that this was the best value for money meal during our stay in Italy.

Overall, we enjoyed a great evening at La Mela. I left with a light head, a satisfied stomach and a smile on my face. (The wine may have been responsible for at least one of those things!).

A great place to enjoy a leisurely evening with pizza and wine! Highly recommended!

Cafè, Wine bar and more

by ludogatto about Bergamini Duillio

If you are in San Giovanni Persiceto you have to visit this place: u can find good coffe, tea or pasty, but also a good wine cellar where u cand 'degustare' different wine with some appetizer...becouse you need don't be drunked!
The palce was established in 1902 and it's still there with is fantastic 'rosolio'.

Beautiful Duomo in Bologna

by Pakistaniguy

There were a lot of Tourists around around and that area. The painting on the door of Duomo is fantastic. It is huge ! as u can see in this picture that i am looking like a dwarf ! I forgot the main idea behind this pic but you should definitely visit this duomo if u happen to be in Bologna. It is very easily accessible from all parts of the city by bus network.

Comments