Garisenda

nichole_521's Profile Photo

Central Bologna

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 5, 2007

Located in the heart of Bologna. Fun vibe. Safe. Local, very local. Super clean. Excellent breakfast. Would stay again. Walking distance to everything.

Unique Quality: Only about 6 rooms. Family owned. Host will brew espresso for you in the morning.

Directions: From train station you take Bus 25 to the center and stop in (street, via Rizzoli) in Rizzoli number 9. It will be across from McDonalds. Take elevator to the third floor.

Best Location in Bologna

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 1, 2006

I've recently experienced this hotel in Bologna. I went there because a friend of mine suggested me to go, and that because of two main reasons:
* Price: I needed to go alone and I was looking for a budget hotel, Garisenda cost me 45 € for one single bedroom (other hotels and BB asked me to pay 70 €)
* Location: I wanted to stay within the citycentre, close to Via Zamboni - University area.
Well, the Garisenda is a ** stars hotel (I would give only one *) and its location is really superb: it is in an ancient and charming building just in front of the two towers, I cannot imagine a better location in Bologna. The whole hotel is a huge flat with only 7 rooms, mine was the smallest and I needed to share the toilet with other guests. I was the only guest of the hotel so I had the public toilet all for myself. My room was very small, the furnishment was pretty old but the bed was really confortable. Of course this is not a **** or ***** star hotel, but I would stay there again bacause the hotel is cheap, clean, and the location is excellent if you need to stay in downtown.
Breakfast is included.
No parking.
No restaurants of course: but there is a Mac Donald's on the first floor and a pizzeria just in front of the building.

Unique Quality: The best quality is the location.

Directions: When you are just in front of the two towers, well, the Garisenda is up the Mac Donald's you see on your right.

sue_stone's Profile Photo

Albergo Garisenda - doesn't get more central

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 23, 2004

Albergo Garisenda is a 2 star hotel located in the heart of Bologna. This small hotel has just 7 rooms (3 with bathrooms), but its location is second to none.

It is located just across the road from the Due Torri (Two Towers), and only a couple of hundred metres from the lovely Piazza Maggiore. When we stayed (back in Sep 2002) the owners were quite friendly and we enjoyed our stay.

Unique Quality: Our room was fairly basic, but clean and spacious. It looked out into a central courtyard which was nice and quiet. I know some of the other rooms look over the main street and are much noisier. We had to use the bathrooms in the hall, but with four to choose from (between 4 rooms) there was never any problem.

The hotel has a small bar where breakfast is served. From memory our breakfast was disappointing even for the usual Italian standard.

If you are on a budget then I highly recommend Albergo Garisenda - the location is ideal!

Directions: Located very close to the two towers and the main piazza.

From the train station, down Via Dell'Indipendenza, left into Via Rizzoli. The entrance to the hotel is just inside Galleria del Leone, next to McDonalds.

Nearby Garisenda

Garisenda

• Garisenda Hotel Bologna

Address: Galleria del Leone, 1, Bologna, Emilia-Romagna, 40125, Italy

5 Photos of Garisenda

View Professional Photos

Bologna Travel Forum

Need advice about Bologna, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Bologna and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bologna hotel reviews